talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

I used to like him. I liked his cheeky swagger, his arrogance. He was one of the few managers I'd actually wait to hear speak after games or before. But he's lost the aura around him and turned into a petty, miserable old man.

That second stint at Chelsea was what finished him off. I feel like it drained him. The moment it started to go tits up, falling out with the female physio and all that palava, he's gone on a downward spiral fast and where there was probably a split in his favour previously, I think it's swung the other way these days and the majority couldn't give a monkey's fuck what comes out his mouth. Boring.

Me to. He's always been arrogant. But he had a kind of swagger that made him likable before. That has gone now and he's just a moaning old twat. I think that is probably why he isn't so good. He has lost his people skills

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Well yeah I think so. Don't think you can be a great manager without them

Oh right, I get it. You meant motivational skills for his team and not people skills as in how to socially interact when wanting to express a point of view in terms of an analisis of the outcome of your game. Over passionate and obviously blind to the facts isn’t the material necessary to be able to use people skills. 

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Zero chance of that, the Pep premier league era has began! B|

Would of been good to see fergie v pep for a few years see who won more

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Would of been good to see fergie v pep for a few years see who won more

Probably Pep. He's taken the piss out of SAF in two finals, not to mention with SAF's 2 man midfield, they would get dominated literally at every occasion. 

4-4-2 rarely works nowadays. 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but that 90s midfield in the 90s would have something to say. Plus fergie had relentless motivation

Pretty sure a false 9 with Messi and a midfield of Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets would run circles around Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. Roy Keane would get sent off in frustration.  

Football has evolved, and that Barca team's philosphy was revolutionary.  That many men in midfield would dominate SAF's 4-4-2

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pretty sure a false 9 with Messi and a midfield of Xavi, Iniesta, and Busquets would run circles around Roy Keane and Paul Scholes. Roy Keane would get sent off in frustration.  

Football has evolved, and that Barca team's philosphy was revolutionary.  That many men in midfield would dominate SAF's 4-4-2

Yeah but I'm on about man city not Barcelona. This man city side is great but not sure if sides are as good as fergies best sides.

Even in victory he manages to turn things sour with a bizarre outburst about Paul Scholes, now make of Paul Scholes as a pundit what you will but his attack on him and then attempt to boast about his managerial achievements was extraordinary. He can't seem to leave any perceived slight and is now pissing off a lot of people behind the scenes at Manchester United. I think he'll be gone within a year.

If there's one person who irritates as much as mourinho it's scholes. He is possibly one of the worst pundits I have ever seen. So I did find it we quite funny what mourinho said. Just need him remind Roy Keane of his managerial record now 

I don't think Scholes said much wrong, he's not been out of the game long and he if anyone knows what it takes to play for United. I reckon Mourinhos just deflecting but I doubt Scholes would care that much 

This (as someone mentioned above) goes way beyond what Manchester City coached by Guardiola is doing that's making Mourinho fall apart. It doesn't help and it's added more fuel to the fire but all I can cite are his experiences in Spain where he totally lost it in press conferences in exactly the same fashion.

What I'm saying is that this isn't a novelty and it isn't Mourinho having collapsed recently... This is just simply the way he is and the thing that seems to be hurting him the most, much more that Man City's lead is the fact he's being questioned by seemingly all quarters of the football enviroment from present and past football people and now also the media as a whole.

The situation got so bad with mental public explosions in Spain that halfway through his final season most post-match press conferences were held by his assistant back then, Aitor Karanka. His outbursts were even worse than these ones although I get he's making the headlines because it's unusual for something to happen consistently like this in England.  Remember that he threw his players at Real Madrid under the bus too with the Iker Casillas situation being infamous, but Ramos, Özil and even compatriots like Pepe and Cristiano Ronaldo couldn't stand him anymore and would throw jibes at eachother via the press. Infact from what I remember, only Álvaro Arbeloa defended him like he was a relation (actually continues to do so via social media).

Then we have what occurred at his second stint at Chelsea where he also lost the dressing room and had that bizarre public battle with one of the medical team (Eva Cerneiro)... If my memory serves me right even at his first stint at Chelsea there were some words of dissent from a couple of players but haven't bothered to check so as to confirm this.

So it's nothing new... The only difference is that in this country people seemed to enjoy all that back then and now they've grown sick of it because they see it for what it always was which is a man that doesn't know how to lose and has some sort of obsessive disorder with himself and everything that surrounds him publicly. People used to think it was some sort of premeditated plan to deflect attention off the team and onto himself which was hilarious to be honest, but could also be rather frustrating for those of us that could see true colours firmly inf front of them.

• The title was changed to Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

Archived