talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Probably true what you say, but he does seem to have gotten under Conte's skin.  Looks like Conte is the one losing it to me.

Not really... That’s how Conte is.  He always answers back and I’ve seen it plenty of times in Italy although  obviously he’s never been this pissed off but then again nobody’s ever gone public with the betting scandal. Conte is visceral while Mourinho is a nasty piece of work.  Both negatives but I know which one I prefer and I’m not even going into the football side of things because that one’s simple.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He offended [Claudio] Ranieri for his English. Then when Ranieri was sacked [by Chelsea] he put on a shirt (with initials on) for Ranieri. You are a fake.”

Hahahahahaha so so true. One of the most cringeworthy things I've seen.

• Administrator

At what point does the LMA step in and mediate if necessary? It's getting quite spiteful and out of hand (and boring) now. Maybe they'll just hope it'll fizzle out but the media will prevent that as they see it as headline grabbing news. 

• The title was changed to Antonio Conte Says Jose Mourinho is a 'Fake'
17 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

I'm enjoying it :ph34r:

We are only 4 more retorts away from Mourinho telling Conte to keep his hair on.

To be honest I have a feeling that could be one of the next jibes in this tit-for-tat series. xD

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Do we now believe that both coaches are “diverting” or “deflecting” the situation off the performances?

erm, this has been going on for years and years for any manager of any club. Very rarely does a manager aim criticism towards their own players in a public way. Mourinho always deflects away from his players or himself. 

But that kind of things has been going on many years before he entered the scene. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

erm, this has been going on for years and years for any manager of any club. Very rarely does a manager aim criticism towards their own players in a public way. Mourinho always deflects away from his players or himself. 

But that kind of things has been going on many years before he entered the scene. 

I know mate, I was being ironic... forgot the emoticon! xD

I never EVER believed Mourinho was deflecting anything even in his early years where people thought this.  It was evident that he is simply like that and Conte is visceral which means that he won’t be quiet and will react immediately with what he sees as a show of disrespect from his part.

• Administrator

Conte says it's a problem between the 2, and not the clubs or that the LMA have to get involved.

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte says he "will not forget" his feud with Manchester United's Jose Mourinho, adding that it is a problem between the two managers, not their clubs.

Mourinho continued the exchange on Saturday by saying he will never be "suspended for match-fixing", having previously made a "clown" remark.

The Italian responded to Mourinho's comments, calling him "a little man".

"He used serious words," Conte added in a news conference on Tuesday.

"I won't forget this."

Conte said he did not regret his "little man" comments and there was no reason for the League Managers' Association to intervene.

"This is not a problem from the club, it is a problem between me and him. I stop," he added.

Conte received a four-month suspension while at Juventus in the 2012-13 season for failing to report match-fixing at his previous club Siena.

In 2016, he was cleared by a court of any wrongdoing in the matter.

Mourinho's match-fixing comments came after Conte had accused the Portuguese of forgetting his own antics in the past.

Conte had reacted angrily to Mourinho's assertion that he did not need to act like a "clown" in his technical area, saying: "I think he has to see himself in the past - maybe he was speaking about himself in the past."

Timeline of events:

7 January, 2018: Conte says: "When you try to hurt a person, especially if you know very well the truth of what happens - the court proved my innocence - when you do this it means you are a little man."

6 January, 2018: Mourinho says his "clown" comment was not about Conte, but adds: "What never happened to me - and will never happen - is to be suspended for match-fixing."

5 January, 2018: Conte says Mourinho "forgets what he said in the past or his behaviours".

4 January, 2018: Mourinho says he does not "behave as a clown on the touchline", but it is not clear whether he is talking about himself, Conte or any of the other Premier League managers.

19 October, 2017: Conte says Mourinho needs to "look at himself" and stop talking about his former side.

29 July, 2017: Conte says he must avoid "a Mourinho season" as the champions attempt to defend their Premier League title.

14 March, 2017: Mourinho tells Chelsea fans "I'm still number one" after being heckled during his side's FA Cup loss at Stamford Bridge.

12 February, 2017: Conte says he does not like Mourinho's "joking" after the Manchester United boss said Chelsea cannot be caught because they are a "defensive team".

23 October, 2016: Conte says he was "not mocking anyone" after appearing to antagonise Mourinho in Manchester United's 4-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Give them a free ticket to Russia for summer where they can battle it out on the streets if they want. We'll see who finishes above the other in the league. They'll have bragging rights and City can buy more wing-backs :ph34r: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42625355

47 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Interesting how only United fans defend Mourinho and the rest of the World think he is a complete cunt.

Should take a look at RedCafe. The same people who a few years ago would destroy Mourinho with anything he said, are praising him like the 2nd coming of Christ and calling him a hero against Conte. xD

Conte needs to stop biting in all honesty. He's better than that. If the media and journalists continue to bring Mourinho quotes about him into press confrences, really all Conte needs to do is stay silent and point up 4 fingers. Job done. 

I got time for Conte. I actually find him very likeable. But he is getting reeled in and brought down to Jose's level and he's classier than that. He just needs to let it go.

At the end of the day, we're talking about an egotistical prick whose behaviour is lower than a snake's belly. In the past, he's a character who has loved a sneidy eye-gouge, tried to shake a managers hand before the final whistle if the game is won because he hasn't got the decency to stay to the end, ran down the touchline like a clown to celebrate a goal by the corner flag, got rattled by poor performances and taken it out on a female doctor, ran on to the pitch like he'd scored in a World Cup Final to rub up the opposition, constantly provoked the media by 'sshhing' them and shown disrespect pretty much everywhere he has gone.

My message to Conte is to keep your dignity and your class. And walk out of Old Trafford like a boss when your team beat's Jose's.

16 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don’t know why conte is so ashamed of his baldness.

Italian thing, you can take out insurance for going bald there :rofl:

Meanwhile Mourinho tries to end it all with one last dig 

“When I start [feuds] I take the responsibilities of that, and I’ve started [them] many times," Mourinho said. 

"When I don’t start it’s quite funny for me to see other people on the other side acting like victims when they’re not the victims. But, really, I don’t enjoy. That’s why for me it’s over.”

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mourinho-tells-conte-to-stop-acting-like-a-victim/bdf3rzsbdd201c77xvfj7dcvc

Archived