The better place to talk football.

Christmas Matchday Chat - 26-28th December 2017

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We've got a shocking record on boxing day and a pretty bad record at Watford as well. Lost every boxing day game since we've been promoted.

This'll be my 9th trip to Watford. It's a bit ridiculous.

I think we can win. Unsure what he'll do about the right back situation but they're really off form at the minute, although as you saw last week with Palace's away goals record being lifted in style against charity Leicester I wouldn't be surprised if we ended yet another crap run here.

Draw is probably the most likely outcome, but we can get at these. They're shocking defensively.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

We've got a shocking record on boxing day and a pretty bad record at Watford as well. Lost every boxing day game since we've been promoted.

This'll be my 9th trip to Watford. It's a bit ridiculous.

I think we can win. Unsure what he'll do about the right back situation but they're really off form at the minute, although as you saw last week with Palace's away goals record being lifted in style against charity Leicester I wouldn't be surprised if we ended yet another crap run here.

Draw is probably the most likely outcome, but we can get at these. They're shocking defensively.

I think you’ll win, recent omens aside. Since the Everton link, the players discipline at Watford has gone awry and a promising start has leveled out pretty much to what Mazzari got out of them last season around this time. 

That this isn’t the first time it’s happened; leads me to believe it’s inherent within the club, fostered by the Pozo ownership. Clearly some players probably expect to shipped out and feel no affinity for the club, you could argue it’s the same at many but the revolving door policy at Watford has ... well ... it’s cultivated some fair weather players who, whilst I cannot abide the reference “do it on a rainy night in Stoke” actually can’t perform or don’t care when it’s cold at Vicarage road. 

The amount of red cards and injuries is astounding too. 

• Administrator

and that's Kane's 2nd record broken in the space of 38 minutes today!

Most goals in calendar year in Premier League beating Alan Shearer's record. 

Most goals in calendar year this year - 55 now. 

Brilliant striker. One of the world's best.

• Administrator

devastating counter from Spurs. Redmond gives it away in Spurs box, Alli races through the middle to pass it to Son and he has no problem tucking it past Forster.

could be 6 or 7 if Spurs want it.

• Subscriber
Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

Do Southampton have any players valued at £15m+ left?

Any Southampton academy product is one decent Super Sunday performance away from having a £30m tag slapped on his head for five years at any given time.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived