and I will be saying the following on Saturday:

Liverpool are very very good.

Leicester are very very bad.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Brilliant to watch.

The only problem you guys have is when you play a team that can actually penetrate your penalty area. Then it's panic stations.

Agreed. Hopefully Klopp will now concentrate on the defence after sorting out our attack. If he does then we will be a proper force. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Horrible to watch. 

True but it's more horrible to watch:

Lyon 3-0 Everton

Atalanta 3-0 Everton

Everton 1-5 Atalanta

Man Utd 4-0 Everton

Everton 0-3 Tottenham

Everton 2-5 Arsenal

Southampton 4-1 Everton

I'm sure you get the picture.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

True but it's more horrible to watch:

Lyon 3-0 Everton

Atalanta 3-0 Everton

Everton 1-5 Atalanta

Man Utd 4-0 Everton

Everton 0-3 Tottenham

Everton 2-5 Arsenal

Southampton 4-1 Everton

I'm sure you get the picture.

Not if you're a Liverpool fan...

But yeah, results are obviously more important.

Koeman might be the worst manager in the history of management ever though if he's got the blueshite content with Fat Sam.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not if you're a Liverpool fan...

But yeah, results are obviously more important.

Koeman might be the worst manager in the history of management ever though if he's got the blueshite content with Fat Sam.

Easy to say that but unbeaten in our first seven games under him with 4 wins and 3 draws (two of those against Liverpool and Chelsea) you're going to be pretty happy with the manager whether it's Fat Sam or Guardiola.

Our most shameful approach to a home game in my life time. Man City will always have 70% possession even if we tried, but in the first half we deliberately and tactically gave them an extra 15%. That is embarassing. Football is dead if teams at the bottom can't have a go at home and rally their fans against teams at the top.

25 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Our most shameful approach to a home game in my life time. Man City will always have 70% possession even if we tried, but in the first half we deliberately and tactically gave them an extra 15%. That is embarassing. Football is dead if teams at the bottom can't have a go at home and rally their fans against teams at the top.

This goes back to the topic of teams having a go. Really, really frustrating to watch.

What I don't understand is that as soon as Kompany went off early, if I was Newcastle I'd have tried to get two up top to really give the City defence something to think about. They could really have exploited the uncertainty between the defence but instead, they sat back and let City have the ball. That makeshift defence was never tested.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This goes back to the topic of teams having a go. Really, really frustrating to watch.

What I don't understand is that as soon as Kompany went off early, if I was Newcastle I'd have tried to get two up top to really give the City defence something to think about. They could really have exploited the uncertainty between the defence but instead, they sat back and let City have the ball. That makeshift defence was never tested.

That was embarassing when 9 minutes in Pep took a centre half off for a striker. 

If we were serious about trying then Gayle would have started, he scored at Old trafford and Stamford Bridge. The starting line up was a weakened one and a deliberate resignation, the players that could make something happen benched for a rest. We had a go in the last 10 minutes when a couple of good players came on, but even then Mikel Merino played centre half haha, we didn't make any attempt to throw the kitchen sink at them.

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Watched Brighton do the same against us. The ironic thing is that pressing high against us causes us a lot of problems, you could slot a Sunday league defender in our defence because it's literally untroubled most games against the lower sides, our back three play amongst themselves at times. Interestingly West Ham spent the first 15-20 mins pressing high against us and with home advantage won the game, Newcastle started very positive against us, pressing high and nicked a goal early but it was their individual mistakes defensively that cost them (if they defend like that against any side they're not going to win, doesn't matter if it's us or Swansea). There's a mentality of fear in this league which manifests itself at different levels and in different contexts and it's in-bedded in our country's footballing culture in general.

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Watched Brighton do the same against us. The ironic thing is that pressing high against us causes us a lot of problems, you could slot a Sunday league defender in our defence at times because it's literally untroubled most games against the lower sides, our back three play amongst themselves at times. Interestingly West Ham spent the first 15-20 mins pressing high against us and with home advantage won the game, Newcastle started very positive against us, pressing high and nicked a goal early but it was their individual mistakes defensively that cost them (if they defend like that against any side they're not going to win, doesn't matter if it's us or Swansea). There's a mentality of fear in this league and in the country's footballing culture in general.

Absolutely. It doesn't take rocket science to see you have your insecurities at the back, as do City. I mean Burnley set the tone for that on day one.

The problem is teams like yourselves and especially City, have so much of the ball now, teams want to stay compact against them in the hope they get lucky and can nab something against the run of play. It's not how I'd play the game personally and I'm actually surprised that even though they are winning, Pep hasn't referred to that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived