• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christmas Matchday Chat - 26-28th December 2017

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

All games with top clubs at home to bottom clubs have no atmosphere. 

When we played Chelsea it was so quiet you could hear people using the self service checkouts in the nearby Waitrose :ph34r:

Maybe they should consider not only home and away fan ticket allocation but a reserved amount for the 'neutral' fan in the hope that some extra noise could be created... surprised they don't pipe clapping and cheering noises over the tannoy to give the impression fans are having a good time.. 

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

There will be no stadium with good atmosphere when any time someone stands up and cracks off a song they are told by the nearest steward that they run the risk of losing their season ticket if they don't sit down. We are so backward in this country towards fans that it's no wonder we are constantly being laughed at by people on the continent. The Portuguese folks that I spend time with now and then over in Porto are gob-smacked at what it's like for us English as they're used to standing for 90 minutes, waving flags and generally having a good time whereas we sit in silence and ripple out an applause whenever someone gets near goal. 

The same can be said for Germany too, can you imagine the stewards meltdown if Burnley put together a ''Yellow Wall?''

I must admit that actions like that do take a huge amount from the match day experience... The only thing that could ruin it more is if they employed cleaners that walked up and down in front of you with a hoover while you are trying to watch the game... 

Deadlinesman knows what I mean... :ph34r:

• Administrator

and now it's the rout everyone expected. Terrible defending once again and picked up by Salah who squares it for Firmino. 

What the fuck is Fer doing. Blames his defenders but it was a shocking pass!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Carragher calls it a 'one touch finish' despite taking a touch in front of the defender and then hitting it.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

3-0 to Liverpool! 

Alexander-Arnold scores his first goal for Liverpool, latching on to a poor clearance and hitting in a shot off the bar. 

Stan calls it 'his first goal for Liverpool' despite him having scored for Liverpool before :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Maybe they should consider not only home and away fan ticket allocation but a reserved amount for the 'neutral' fan in the hope that some extra noise could be created... surprised they don't pipe clapping and cheering noises over the tannoy to give the impression fans are having a good time.. 

They should give free coffee out to Everton fans

13 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Brighton park the bus against us and then go and concede a goal which we've scored about ten times this season and then they concede from a corner. You do wonder what sort of tactical work goes on in this league.

It is bizarre how often youve pulled off that Azpi-Morata cross. 

Its one thing having a certain pattern of play that works, but when loads of teams fail to stop the exact same ball, always between the two same players, it throws the level of prep into doubt.

15 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It is bizarre how often youve pulled off that Azpi-Morata cross. 

Its one thing having a certain pattern of play that works, but when loads of teams fail to stop the exact same ball, always between the two same players, it throws the level of prep into doubt.

Yeah mate, Morata’s movement isn’t easy to deal with and he’s very good in the air but it’s the same goal and move every time. My post was more pointing out the fact that they parked the bus and concede two sloppy goals from a set piece and a cross which in all honesty should be their bread and butter. Lapses of concentration happen when you’re under constant pressure but still we score at the start of the 2nd half, awful showing from Brighton today. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Batard said:

I think you’ll win, recent omens aside. Since the Everton link, the players discipline at Watford has gone awry and a promising start has leveled out pretty much to what Mazzari got out of them last season around this time. 

That this isn’t the first time it’s happened; leads me to believe it’s inherent within the club, fostered by the Pozo ownership. Clearly some players probably expect to shipped out and feel no affinity for the club, you could argue it’s the same at many but the revolving door policy at Watford has ... well ... it’s cultivated some fair weather players who, whilst I cannot abide the reference “do it on a rainy night in Stoke” actually can’t perform or don’t care when it’s cold at Vicarage road. 

The amount of red cards and injuries is astounding too. 

Never under-estimate the power of Leicester's charity. We're always awful at Watford and always awful on Boxing Day. God knows why I thought this would be any different. An absolutely shocking performance, two abysmal sides but we just happened to defend that bit worse.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

There will be no stadium with good atmosphere when any time someone stands up and cracks off a song they are told by the nearest steward that they run the risk of losing their season ticket if they don't sit down. We are so backward in this country towards fans that it's no wonder we are constantly being laughed at by people on the continent. The Portuguese folks that I spend time with now and then over in Porto are gob-smacked at what it's like for us English as they're used to standing for 90 minutes, waving flags and generally having a good time whereas we sit in silence and ripple out an applause whenever someone gets near goal. 

The same can be said for Germany too, can you imagine the stewards meltdown if Burnley put together a ''Yellow Wall?''

There are basically none already. It's sad how awful atmospheres are in this country. The country who pioneered fan culture now have probably the quietest stadiums per person in the world. There are so many reasons but it's going to be hard to reverse.

7 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Brighton park the bus against us and then go and concede a goal which we've scored about ten times this season and then they concede from a corner. You do wonder what sort of tactical work goes on in this league.

Brighton were the single most negative side I've seen in this league when they came here in August. Early days in the league I know so it's not totally surprising they're a bit intimidated but they were genuinely scared to attack us when 2 down. I thought they'd crash right back down after watching that but they've done OK really.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived