Lincoln vs Stevenage
Morecambe vs Notts County
Port Vale vs Coventry
Swindon vs Luton
Wycombe vs Newport

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fully expect a tonking at Boro, especially with the typical boost players seem to get when a new manager has been announced. 3-0 to the home side.

Pulis coming in for them could be excellent for their season - will definitely bring the kind of consistency they seem to have lacked in the past few months under Monk. Still think he was sacked a bit unfairly though, but that's by the by. 

I can also see Leeds being hungover from yesterday and letting Burton carry on their irritatingly useful Christmas form. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Bristol Rovers on the road to Walsall today. Any kind of point would be massive, and they must be the only team in football outside of Manchester City that hasn't drawn yet this year.

Man City drew with Everton in the second game of the season.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well it's Boxing day, lets have a little fun   ....what 200million team struggled to get a draw at home to Burnley today? :rofl::ph34r:

a team not in the Football League :ph34r: ?

• The topic was unpinned

Imagine buying Lansbury and Hourihane, two club captains and two of the highest performing centre midfielders in the league, only to play two 34-year-old defensive mids ahead of them at Brentford (no disrespect intended) fucking spud faced wanker. 

I said on villa talk the other day this cunt would fuck it up if we brought Ronaldo & Messi in January. Obviously they scoffed and said we’d piss the league with them two. I’m not so sure I can genuinely see Bruce saying to Sam Johnstone “kick it long towards Cristiano, Lionel you look for the flick on” 😂 fucking farcical.

It’s the club everything is 20-30 years behind and they think they know better. There’s billboards around the city advertising Villa with Flabby Agbonlahor on ffs, that mouth breathing spastic on fucking official merchandise after playing what 3 fucking games in two years and being awol on happy crack while we got relagated. We’ll be down here a decade. The fucking Black Plague wiping out 90% of the staff is probably the only way I can see it changing at the minute. So fucking depressing 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hardly media nonsense when you have the worst record for it. 

It's nonsense because the record insinuates that it happens consistently, the majority of the points lost came within the first two months of the season when we went through a slow spell due to the January window and an accumulation of new players joining. The last 2-3 months we've barely given leads away.

10 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

I can also see Leeds being hungover from yesterday and letting Burton carry on their irritatingly useful Christmas form. 

We did enough thankfully. Not vintage, but you could see a big enough difference between the sides that told in the end.

Burton are extremely limited. Whoever they finish above are going down.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Danny said:

It's nonsense because the record insinuates that it happens consistently, the majority of the points lost came within the first two months of the season when we went through a slow spell due to the January window and an accumulation of new players joining. The last 2-3 months we've barely given leads away.

30th September - Middlesbrough 2-2 Brentford. Brentford leading 2-1 in 72nd minute. 
21st November - Brentford 1-1 Burton. Brentford leading in 54th minute
27th November - QPR 2-2 Brentford. Brentford leading 2-0 in 93rd minute
9th December - Hull 3-2 Brentford. Brentford leading 1-0 in 47th minute.

That's 9 points dropped in 2-3 months. Maybe not that regular but also not 'barely' :)

The QPR one is the one that stands out the most.

Archived