• Real Madrid
    • Barcelona
    • PSG
    • Bayern Munich
    • Man City
    • Man Utd
    • Stay at Spurs

• Administrator

If there is going to be one which I presume there will be. I doubt he'll stay at Spurs all his career but stranger things have happened in football.

Stay in UK or go abroad?

Which teams will he suit best if he does go abroad?

Dare I say that Man City might throw all the money at Spurs to get him to replace Aguero?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Don't think he'll move to another English team though City isn't impossible if they decide they want him. I've voted Real Madrid as they seem by far the best fit and from what I've seen of Benzema this season he's on the wane a bit. Possibly Bayern too.

I would actually like to see what he could do at Barcelona thinking of it as he's the real deal and it would be good to see an English player succeed at the club in the modern era.

But other than that, I'd rather see him stay at Spurs as it means one more competitive side in the world. These days, too many players leave solid clubs on the up and it's not always the best thing for football.

As for him moving abroad, I could see him going to Real Madrid more than anyone as they seem to always go in for Spurs' players, they also love an English player from time to time. City could be an option for him also as Aguero isn't getting any younger and Kane, as well as being the present, is still young and is also a player for the near future.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I would actually like to see what he could do at Barcelona thinking of it as he's the real deal and it would be good to see an English player succeed at the club in the modern era.

But other than that, I'd rather see him stay at Spurs as it means one more competitive side in the world. These days, too many players leave solid clubs on the up and it's not always the best thing for football.

As for him moving abroad, I could see him going to Real Madrid more than anyone as they seem to always go in for Spurs' players, they also love an English player from time to time. City could be an option for him also as Aguero isn't getting any younger and Kane, as well as being the present, is still young and is also a player for the near future.

how long do you reckon Suarez has left at Barca? Reckon Kane could go to replace him?

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

how long do you reckon Suarez has left at Barca? Reckon Kane could go to replace him?

If it was in an unrealistic dream world, I'd be saying Mbappe and Verratti, although PSG are one of the worst clubs to do business with nowadays(then again, so are Spurs). But these are the 2 players I think are most needed for the future to keep the club be up there as challengers for everything. They are the perfect fit.

Kane would never work at Barcelona unless they change everything they’re about playing wise. Suárez has nothing whatsoever to do with how Kane plays and that isn’t being disrespectful to Kane. Kane is totally different and 100% a number 9. Barça don’t play with those and they’ve traditionally failed with them. Plus the price would be mental for the experiment. 

6 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

If there were any probability of Kane going to Barça, Florentino would block the move and manage to convince Kane to go to Real Madrid because that´s what he does. xD

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

When and who exactly started these Poch to United rumors? 

It's a classic 2 plus 2. According to the football media Poch could never stay at little old Spurs for more than a few years if he's doing well so they have to look for the most likely "upgrade". He's been linked with both Real and Barca too. Was surprised his name wasn't thrown around when Bayern sacked Ancelotti.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's a classic 2 plus 2. According to the football media Poch could never stay at little old Spurs for more than a few years if he's doing well so they have to look for the most likely "upgrade". He's been linked with both Real and Barca too. Was surprised his name wasn't thrown around when Bayern sacked Ancelotti.

Out of the elite clubs I would say Bayern would be the best bet for Pochettino. They’re not perfect by any means but right this minute they’re the ones that fit his type of thinking for me. Definitely not Real or United... He would NEVER go to Barça because he’s an Espanyol legend. 

He’ll end up at Real Madrid and so will Harry Kane. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Spike said:

Even as someone that think Spurs are turds I don't want to see him leave. It'd be a crime against football romance!

Genuinely don’t think he will, not for a long time anyway, we will break the bank for him. He’s the heartbeat of the club now

12 hours ago, El_Loco said:

If there were any probability of Kane going to Barça, Florentino would block the move and manage to convince Kane to go to Real Madrid because that´s what he does. xD

Mbappe would be the  main target for me.  The problem is, the club he plays at don't sell, although i've got a feeling things may implode there at some point and that could be the chance.

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Mbappe would be the  main target for me.  The problem is, the club he plays at don't sell, although i've got a feeling things may implode there at some point and that could be the chance.

He’s only on loan at PSG. Whilst it’s expected to be a formality, it’s not nearly as cut and dried as people think. There is talk of Neymar being unhappy actually being generated by the club as a means to sell for a ludicrous price to Real to pay for Mbappe fully and see off FFP

1 hour ago, Batard said:

He’s only on loan at PSG. Whilst it’s expected to be a formality, it’s not nearly as cut and dried as people think. There is talk of Neymar being unhappy actually being generated by the club as a means to sell for a ludicrous price to Real to pay for Mbappe fully and see off FFP

Has Neymar actually done much there? I've seen his stats and he's trailing behind Cavani.

I find it weird that people are taking it for granted that Kane would go abroad. I'm not saying he won't, but it's rare that English players do, so it should certainly be a consideration. If he doesn't fancy going abroad, it's really up to Tottenham as to whether he'll leave. If they can show ambition and win things, it's unlikely that he'll have a reason to leave to another English club. The only way I could see it happening is if Manchester United enjoy a massive resurgence, or if Manchester City have enough success in the next couple of years to become a genuine top tier club.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Has Neymar actually done much there? I've seen his stats and he's trailing behind Cavani.

He started off like an express train, it’s started getting colder in Paris and he’s started to look disinterested. Take the game against Caen, Mbappe and Cavani really took the game to them, Neymar was, no surprises targeted for some tough tackling but he made a fuss about it. Ironically when Mbappe scores he was on the floor complaining. He didn’t really celebrate Cavani’s goal and wasn’t interested celebrating Mbappes goal. I don’t think right now he wants to be there. He’s still not the focal point of a team he hoped to be, the boy will never be satisfied unless he’s the be all or end all at a club. I don’t think he’ll find that at Real either. I just don’t think for all that talent his selfishness allows for him to be comparable to someone like Lionel Messi. I honestly could see him at Inter Milan at some point. I say that because they strike me as that team that he could be their everything. I just don’t see Neymar as a character in the dressing room you want when things aren’t going his way with other big personalities. 

Archived