talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

A sexuality expert says parents should ask their child’s permission before changing their nappies - so they can set up a “culture of consent.”

xDxD 

I'm in stitches.

NOW THAT makes yer fucking proud to be a true blue AUSSIE

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nudge said:

A sexuality expert says parents should ask their child’s permission before changing their nappies - so they can set up a “culture of consent.”

xDxD 

I'm in stitches.

I couldn't even give this the time of day when I first saw the article in the paper and I do hate to think what kind of a world I might be surrounded by in another 10 years time... When we have people that are prepared to go this far with new borns and infants all hope is lost... 

Teaching about abuse, consent, whats right and wrong is not a bad thing overall to youngsters, that I agree with, that whole stranger, danger thing they are doing in schools etc but these are babies that can't possibly grasp the difference between right and wrong or even possibly understand what the hell you are on about...

So we are supposed to ask their permission first and even though they are well below the legal age to be considered adults and therefore not mature enough to have made a sound judgment or come up with a well thought out response that weighed up all the pros and cons of the 'Nappy on, Nappy off' scenario we will completely override them anyway and enforce the 'Nappy on' rule because we don't want them weeing and pooing all over the new carpet or sofa...  

I would like that conversation again when they are old enough to string a half decent conversation together and they are being asked what they want in their sandwiches for school that day, they will probably say "why bother asking just make what ever you like".. "I didn't want a nappy on for 3 years but you bloody well made me wear it anyway" 

They will probably need years of therapy for that childhood trauma as well no doubt.. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I couldn't even give this the time of day when I first saw the article in the paper and I do hate to think what kind of a world I might be surrounded by in another 10 years time... When we have people that are prepared to go this far with new borns and infants all hope is lost... 

Teaching about abuse, consent, whats right and wrong is not a bad thing overall to youngsters, that I agree with, that whole stranger, danger thing they are doing in schools etc but these are babies that can't possibly grasp the difference between right and wrong or even possibly understand what the hell you are on about...

So we are supposed to ask their permission first and even though they are well below the legal age to be considered adults and therefore not mature enough to have made a sound judgment or come up with a well thought out response that weighed up all the pros and cons of the 'Nappy on, Nappy off' scenario we will completely override them anyway and enforce the 'Nappy on' rule because we don't want them weeing and pooing all over the new carpet or sofa...  

I would like that conversation again when they are old enough to string a half decent conversation together and they are being asked what they want in their sandwiches for school that day, they will probably say "why bother asking just make what ever you like".. "I didn't want a nappy on for 3 years but you bloody well made me wear it anyway" 

They will probably need years of therapy for that childhood trauma as well no doubt.. 

What we should do is tell that stupid cow to come and sort out a soiled nappy for us!  Let her try and get an answer to her question from my two year old. Bloody ridiculous!

6 hours ago, nudge said:

xDxD 

I'm in stitches.

Lol what the fuck is wrong with people?

16 hours ago, nudge said:

xDxD 

I'm in stitches.

Holy shit. "Well, the eye contact and the body language wasn't there, guess I'll let my baby sit in his own shit for a while" :D

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, nudge said:

xDxD 

I'm in stitches.

A so called expert... these are the higher paying higher quality jobs the economy is allegedly creating as we automate more shit.

The world is filling up with people who tell you what to do and what you can't do. Anything that 99 people like should be banned, suppressed or curtailed if there is one person who finds it offensive.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

I understand what the crazy lady is trying to say but I don't think babies can yet fully understand body language and eye contact. Maybe if there is evidence to suggest that it's positive on a developing mind, I'd believe her but I don't see how anyone could ascertain that info.

This right-wing snowflake can't stand to hear two women having a private conversation in Spanish near him in New York City. The second one is a fat racist throwing a hissy fit because she was triggered by black people having a BBQ and the police refused to get rid of them.

But yeah, the news will keep booking obscure left-wing "experts" to go on national TV and make fools of themselves. If you want footage of the real majority of "snowflakes" - that is, bigots and entitled, rich assholes - you have to get the video from normal people witnessing it for real, and capturing real people being abused, threatened and attacked every day across the world.

So keep worrying about fake controversies stirred up by news channels if you want, I guess.

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 1

These people who think being openly racist is okay are just total fucking scum and deserve all of the public ridicule they can get.

That one with the man from NYC is a lawyer, Aaron Schlossberg. His law firm has been bombed by the general public on Yelp for his racist shite.

Quite frankly, if it ruins his career I think that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

These people who think being openly racist is okay are just total fucking scum and deserve all of the public ridicule they can get.

That one with the man from NYC is a lawyer, Aaron Schlossberg. His law firm has been bombed by the general public on Yelp for his racist shite.

At the same time, though, I find it quite worrisome how a person can be recorded at its very worst and never get away from it. With the technology and connection, there´s just no escape. This is probably different from everything we had in human civilization. Even if you were a pariah in a certain place, you could move for a fresh start. Now, even if you move to another country, a simple google search of the name of a person can give it all away. 

I´m obviously not implying there shouldn´t be criticism nor an official punishment from the bar in the example above, my point is more about the unescapability from some episodes of one´s life rendered by technology. This is quite scary.

There's also context involved in a lot of these. 

I remember just earlier this week, I saw a black man post a video of himself getting pulled over by a white cop. The black man was suggesting the cop was racist in asking for his 'social security number', vs merely his driver's license. Truth be told, the black man cut the video short to hide the context of the situation. 

Real story was the white cop pulled him over for speeding. The black man didn't have his driver's license, and merely gave the cop his passport instead. To which the cop told him this isn't good enough and politely asked for his social security number to look him up. That part was cut out of the video because the black man felt it convenient to keep pushing this 'racist cops' agenda. 

Context people. Context. 

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You couldn’t make it up xD

AD837C81-56A4-4AD0-8536-80CCD0165624.jpeg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There's also context involved in a lot of these. 

I remember just earlier this week, I saw a black man post a video of himself getting pulled over by a white cop. The black man was suggesting the cop was racist in asking for his 'social security number', vs merely his driver's license. Truth be told, the black man cut the video short to hide the context of the situation. 

Real story was the white cop pulled him over for speeding. The black man didn't have his driver's license, and merely gave the cop his passport instead. To which the cop told him this isn't good enough and politely asked for his social security number to look him up. That part was cut out of the video because the black man felt it convenient to keep pushing this 'racist cops' agenda. 

Context people. Context. 

Yeah that may be true about that example about the police officer, but in that case you can also take another step back and look even further at the all-encompassing context of the police in America humiliating, brutalising, and straight-up murdering innocent people by the thousands every year, particularly blacks, with the de facto blessing of the political and legal system. 

Does one guy giving favourable editing to a video weaken the overwhelming reality that the criminal justice system all the way from the police to the courts in the USA is institutionally racist? 

19 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

At the same time, though, I find it quite worrisome how a person can be recorded at its very worst and never get away from it. With the technology and connection, there´s just no escape. This is probably different from everything we had in human civilization. Even if you were a pariah in a certain place, you could move for a fresh start. Now, even if you move to another country, a simple google search of the name of a person can give it all away. 

I´m obviously not implying there shouldn´t be criticism nor an official punishment from the bar in the example above, my point is more about the unescapability from some episodes of one´s life rendered by technology. This is quite scary.

That's true. But there are societal consequences for being a bigot. And if someone is captured on film being a bigot, it's not going to play out well for most people. Other bigots might like it, but fortunately there are few enough of them to where they can still be shamed and shunned for their shitty views.

• Upvote 2

I think when the vast majority of awful people in the first world are able to live happy and free lives enjoying all the benefits of a society which they have pure contempt for, the prospect of a tiny minority of them being caught out because they literally can't physically contain their burning hatred for other people isn't such a bad thing.

Edited by Inverted
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/17/2018 at 08:42, Inverted said:

This right-wing snowflake can't stand to hear two women having a private conversation in Spanish near him in New York City. The second one is a fat racist throwing a hissy fit because she was triggered by black people having a BBQ and the police refused to get rid of them.

Here he is back in 2016 when he thought he saw a middle eastern man with a white woman and got triggered -

Here he is now -

This guy is off his head. xD

18 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Schlossberg sounds like he's Jewish, so he's hardly going to meet with approval from the far-right family he is aping. 

The weird alliance of the Jewish right-wing with the Christian right, where the zionist hate for dark-skinned people just about manages to paper over the anti-semitism is one of those things I’ll never fully get.

Anyone see the video of the geezer on the tube/DLR/overground who kept using the "in this country we don't do that" line to stop the Polish fella from drinking alcohol? But the Polish fella was about a second away from kicking the shit out of him, Christ what Id have paid to see that 

I'm totally not on board with the social media lynch mob mentality pretty much no matter what the cause and on what side of the debate. 

There is racism in society and other terrible things. But to me the lynch mob nastiness online from middle ground should-be-good people is the biggest representation of the sickness of society. 

Its the world majority perpetually looking for a simple reason to hate  and jump to conclusions about situations they don't have the attention span nor the genuine care to explore or consider with more detail.

44 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm totally not on board with the social media lynch mob mentality pretty much no matter what the cause and on what side of the debate. 

There is racism in society and other terrible things. But to me the lynch mob nastiness online from middle ground should-be-good people is the biggest representation of the sickness of society. 

Its the world majority perpetually looking for a simple reason to hate  and jump to conclusions about situations they don't have the attention span nor the genuine care to explore or consider with more detail.

When it comes to people that are simply voicing a different perspective which isn't being voiced to justify mistreating people, then sure. When it comes to people that are actually trying to justify mistreating people, then that's a whole different situation especially when it's someone who likes to bully and harass people. This Schlossberg guy is definitely a scumbag.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

He's threatening to call ICE on people just for speaking a different language.

That's a threat of violence - to potentially ruin someone's life and subject them to the most horrific treatment. A bit of verbal haranguing on the street is literally nothing compared to what he'd do a Hispanic person if he got the chance.

I'm not saying he's not a lowlife cunt. He obviously is.

But I don't see why any person on the other side of the world would benefit from knowing about what some fuckwit new yorker said to some chicks at a cafe.

If he threatened violence he's broken laws. Hand the tape to the cops. Don't hand it to the masses of people online sitting there with big loud drums who are chomping at the bit for a reason to bang them. They'd be better off to get out from their computer and go and volunteer at a homeless shelter if they really want to heal the world.