talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, I can cook, so that's useful, right? I can also run our Instagram Page. #lifeonmarsisnotsobad #traveling #outtaspace 

The first thing I'll do on Mars is ban social media. Here's a business idea - we could run a rehab for social media addicted Earthlings in the future; surely a goldmine???

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

The first thing I'll do on Mars is ban social media. Here's a business idea - we could run a rehab for social media addicted Earthlings in the future; surely a goldmine???

And I'd be a great test subject. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Doesn't this defeat the object though... First thing on arrival we are looking to knock up a quick rehab centre to make some profit?? Do we really want a brand new generation of people being brought up thinking that money and profit is the way forward??  don't we want to be moving away from all the old trappings? Just think that after profit comes greed and then all we will have succeeded in doing is bringing the worst elements all the way out into the far reaches of space.. 

Just imagine it... We start making a profit and then we have nowhere to spend it so some other clever fucker thinks I am going to build a corner shop that's open 24/7 selling contraband goods from the storage and supplies deck to suck our profit from us.. it will just go on and on and before you know it life will be just the same as here except we won't have any where to go fishing or take romantic boat trips... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Doesn't this defeat the object though... First thing on arrival we are looking to knock up a quick rehab centre to make some profit?? Do we really want a brand new generation of people being brought up thinking that money and profit is the way forward??  don't we want to be moving away from all the old trappings? Just think that after profit comes greed and then all we will have succeeded in doing is bringing the worst elements all the way out into the far reaches of space.. 

Just imagine it... We start making a profit and then we have nowhere to spend it so some other clever fucker thinks I am going to build a corner shop that's open 24/7 selling contraband goods from the storage and supplies deck to suck our profit from us.. it will just go on and on and before you know it life will be just the same as here except we won't have any where to go fishing or take romantic boat trips... 

I better learn how to brew a good drop then!!!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Why is this a thing? Have people seen Little Britain or that show Ricky Gervais did where he played a spastic, think it was called Derek?

So just to clarify, you can have a female Dr Who, a black, and probably one day female James Bond, but it's not okay for a non-disabled person to play a fictional disabled person?

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why is this a thing? Have people seen Little Britain or that show Ricky Gervais did where he played a spastic, think it was called Derek?

So just to clarify, you can have a female Dr Who, a black, and probably one day female James Bond, but it's not okay for a non-disabled person to play a fictional disabled person?

I don't care what race James Bond is, but I don't know how you can have him be a female. His name's fucking James.

"Omg Gonzo did you just assume James Bond's gender?!" 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's now become a marketing strategy. Make your target market appear like rapists and sexual predators. Smart. 

Apologies to all females on this forum, for I have a penis. 

I’ve been reading online that I’m ‘part of the problem’ because I think this is a load of shite. Get to fuck.

• Administrator

I don't get why there's so much uproar on either side about it xD

I do think though that if you're 'triggered' by anger from it, you probably need to ask yourself some questions. I don't see the issue in any company trying to eradicate sexual harassment or reducing shitty behaviour from (not all) men. Also don't see a problem in the concept of fathers trying to teach their kids the right thing...? 

The idea of the advert isn't to pigeon all men in to one category. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't get why there's so much uproar on either side about it xD

I do think though that if you're 'triggered' by anger from it, you probably need to ask yourself some questions. I don't see the issue in any company trying to eradicate sexual harassment or reducing shitty behaviour from (not all) men. Also don't see a problem in the concept of fathers trying to teach their kids the right thing...? 

The idea of the advert isn't to pigeon all men in to one category. 

Totally agree with that, I would add though that I think that the movements or momentum if you will is being women led on how men behave or should be behaving and again I have no problem with a bit of education but it might be helpful if some women took some onus of responsibility about behavior as well.

There seems to be an awful lot of down the blouse look at my boobs type pictures knocking about on social media and they are designed for one thing only and that is to draw attention to themselves in a sexual way, again I have no problem with this in general but if women out there are prepared to flaunt their sexuality so openly they shouldn't be surprised if they get some attention back that they don't deem appropriate.. 

Men and Women have been flirting with each other since time began, we dress smart to look good to the opposite sex when we go out in the hope of meeting someone who we get on well with and where both mental and sexual attraction is strong.. It's the way it's always been but Social media has tainted this a bit I think, and by that I mean I read a lot about women who are on things like Tinder who start talking to someone and then get a dick pic sent to them for example... I can't ever recall a time where I have seen a man and woman flirting in a pub or club and within 2 minutes of that conversation starting him whipping his cock out for her to look at... The art of flirting in a respectful fun way is being lost.. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's now become a marketing strategy. Make your target market appear like rapists and sexual predators. Smart. 

Apologies to all females on this forum, for I have a penis. 

I didn't see this as bad at all. All it's points are fair enough and I saw it as aspirational in nature.

But I still do have concerns about the emasculation of men as an issue with it being one totally lacking in balance and mature coherent debate. I.e plenty of angry blokes venting on Facebook and then getting labeled misogynist but most decent well mannered guys wouldn't speak out about it in public to articulate specific concerns for fear of being cannibalised. 

I genuinely don't think many females appreciate how chemically different the Male gender are and how that should play a role in what expectations should be set,  and what frustrates me is so many females don't seem to care to understand that nor think that mutual understanding should even be a part of the process.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Totally agree with that, I would add though that I think that the movements or momentum if you will is being women led on how men behave or should be behaving and again I have no problem with a bit of education but it might be helpful if some women took some onus of responsibility about behavior as well.

You've really hit the nail on the head there mate. Well said

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't know,  it just feels like we as humanity tend to go from one extreme to the other and simply can't find the middle way to keep everything in balance. There were times and situations in the past where women rights movements and awareness raising definitely made sense; I don't think there's actual need for it in the modern (western) societies anymore and thus those movements became obsolete and pretty much turned to inventing imaginary causes to fight for and so they just live on on the weird male-hating and demonising agenda of sorts.  It's really the same problem that exists in a lot of movements: it starts out as a definite need, but in an effort to stay relevant, the movement becomes increasingly aggressive and overbearing. Which is sad and quite a bit ironic considering that it's just as bad as the misogyny the militant feminists claim to be fighting against. Terminology like "rape culture" or "toxic masculinity" is so hypocritical as it basically reinforces perceived negative generalisations about one gender and makes all men responsible for the actions of some. It's just as vile and divisive as when it is the other way around.

It's simply gone too far. People have lost a realistic view of the world. Men and women should have equal rights as human beings, yes. However, men and women are different; that's just a biological reality. Men have qualities women don't have and vice versa. Why does it have to be a bad thing? We're different, we have different functions and roles and we can't live without each other; just embrace it...  No need for all this gender polarisation bullshit. People acting like cunts or just being shit human beings in general is not gender-related anyway...

Granted, I must say that I only ever come across those "issues" online and when it comes to real life, I have a feeling that it's much more prevalent in the US than anywhere else in the modern world though.

Isn't that one of the main focus of modern women rights movements ?

Anything that men can do women can do and should be given equal opportunity. But like you said there are some biological differences that make some roles men specific.

Like Armed forces, we had our first female fighter pilot couple of years ago sadly she died in a crash. But there are reports that she didn't died because of the crash rather she died of a heart attack as soon as she lost control of the plane. Since then women pilots are unofficially grounded. 

Why can't they openly say that if its true ? It will be unfair to women rights if females are found unfit for that role ? Its not like every other man can fly a supersonic jet