talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

On 17/08/2018 at 20:31, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know, there's a pretty large number of people who think that Corbyn legitimately hates all Jewish people. People are easy to influence with the media and I don't suspect that will ever change - it's just different media being consumed that's doing the influencing now.

It really is ridiculous how it's gotten this far. Regardless of what people think of Corbyn, the fact the media have somehow made bigotry a bigger issue inside labour than the Tories is insane. And very little of it seems to be based on anything anti-semitic but instead it's mainly based on criticising Israel...

Funny how the only people that want to look at Jews and Israel as being the same thing are people that want the Israeli government to escape criticism for their actions and people that want to use Israel's actions as an excuse to actually be anti-semitic and attack Jews. Two groups of cunts whose views are being propped up by manipulative cunts in the media.

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

And shareholders 

Apparently Nike's share price slightly dropped today.

As did Adidas' & Puma's... but that doesn't fit the narrative so we'll leave that part out. Giving half truths without context concerning subjects that most people are ignorant about unfortunately works.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Apparently Nike's share price slightly dropped today.

Reveal hidden contents

As did Adidas' & Puma's... but that doesn't fit the narrative so we'll leave that part out. Giving half truths without context concerning subjects that most people are ignorant about unfortunately works.

They’re down because of the German Dax and are completely separate,  but meh something about ‘narrative’. Twisting news cuts both ways I guess. 

The reality is initially this looks to have backfired for Nike, alienating part of your market will do that. Time will tell if it works.

• Administrator

some of the reactions to this have been bizarre

*man protests against social injustic/police brutality and is supported by Nike in a promo campaign*

*people burn Nike products despite already giving their money to the company*

The logic is stupid. Let's burn stuff we've already bought so we have to fork out more money to a different company for a similar product.

Nike already have your money you absolute mugs. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stan said:

some of the reactions to this have been bizarre

*man protests against social injustic/police brutality and is supported by Nike in a promo campaign*

*people burn Nike products despite already giving their money to the company*

The logic is stupid. Let's burn stuff we've already bought so we have to fork out more money to a different company for a similar product.

Nike already have your money you absolute mugs. 

You're right!

You can campaign against an entity without acting in the manner they're searching for you to do which is to consume.

14 hours ago, 6666 said:

He's still associated mostly with American football and it's great because this move also angers delicate, little, racist flowers.

Delicate yes, but calling them racist is such a leftist thing to do. The burning of shoes/shirts or refusing to buy any Nike products is over the top (funny they do it now bearing in mind the child labor going on producing these products) 

I think the whole protest is a shame and it just makes Kaepernick look like a hypocritical moron. 

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Delicate yes, but calling them racist is such a leftist thing to do. The burning of shoes/shirts or refusing to buy any Nike products is over the top (funny they do it now bearing in mind the child labor going on producing these products) 

I think the whole protest is a shame and it just makes Kaepernick look like a hypocritical moron. 

People that are so offended by a man kneeling during the national anthem, who is doing it in protest of cops killing black people, are most likely racist. He’s not disrespecting the flag, kneeling is deferential - he’s not taking a shit on the flag, wagging his cock at it, or flying an ISIS flag during the anthem.

It also begs the question - Americans, do you NEED your national anthem at every sporting event? But that’s besides the point.

I don’t see why there is such outrage to black athletes participating in a non-violent protest that literally hurts nobody, when that protest is about cops killing black people if it’s not racist. Please explain how it isn’t racist.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

People that are so offended by a man kneeling during the national anthem, who is doing it in protest of cops killing black people, are most likely racist. He’s not disrespecting the flag, kneeling is deferential - he’s not taking a shit on the flag, wagging his cock at it, or flying an ISIS flag during the anthem.

It also begs the question - Americans, do you NEED your national anthem at every sporting event? But that’s besides the point.

I don’t see why there is such outrage to black athletes participating in a non-violent protest that literally hurts nobody, when that protest is about cops killing black people if it’s not racist. Please explain how it isn’t racist.

1. No, they are not, and calling them racist is ignorant. The majority of those people look at facts and use their own rational to realise the issue isn't one of race, but of culture. I already mentioned that to you a few pages back or in the Trump topic. Pretty ironic the left call the right racist on this matter, when all the left are doing are dividing the country even more. 

2.  I think the main thing they need to get rid with, is the 'race' portion on job applications. The fuck is that still around for?

3. Kaepernick is a hypocritical moron. So are Nike. Sacrifice everything, (yet still makes millions through sponsorships and endorsements) for something you believe in. (So are Kaepernick and Nike going to just ignore the injustice of sweat shops and child labor?) 

He has the right to protest, as does everyone. However protesting against something in which the actual evidence shows it doesn't exist, makes you look like a moron. 

Oh so there haven’t been a long string of high profile incidents where US police officers have gunned down unarmed black men? Forgive me for being misled by the high profile media coverage, which also includes footage of said high profile shooting taken by people’s smart phones...

Race issues in the US are fucked and to say this isn’t an issue about race is ridiculous. The US handled the aftermath of the Civil War with a bit too much civility imo - things like Jim Crow laws didn’t change a whole lot with regards to black peoples lives (granted, obviously it’s better than slavery but what isn’t). And pretending like MLK and the Civil Rights era ended racism, when it clearly didn’t, or that America acting like electing a black president would have fixed the problem - when there was a pretty immediate racist backlash to his candidacy and presidency.

If racism wasn’t a real issue, we shouldn’t see a rise in white nationalism in the US. Even in fairly left leaning areas like where I am, there’s a disturbing white nationalist presence (going by the name of Identity Evropa).

Furthermore, the practice of airing the national anthem for NFL games is relatively new and only happened after the US military funneled money into the NFL. Personally, I think it’s weird it’s done before every game and unnecessary. Easiest solution for all parties involved is to go back to the old practice of not having pseudo-patriotic jingoistic bullshit before every NFL game & fill that spot with a shitload army recruitment ads to appease the military.

The people who care about the protest are being hypersensitive little weirdos. Either ignore them, don’t watch the anthem, or do anything else - taking to social media and having a whine about people having different opinions to their take on people of their race being killed by police in high profile confrontations while they are unarmed isn’t really a good look.

He's protesting black people being killed by police officers and there being no real repercussions.

If you know that and you're against it then you do fall under the banner of being racist. Only way you're against it and not a racist is if you actually buy into the right wing media's attempt to make the whole thing about him "disrespecting the troops" in which case you're just incredibly naive as that has nothing to do with it.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh so there haven’t been a long string of high profile incidents where US police officers have gunned down unarmed black men? Forgive me for being misled by the high profile media coverage, which also includes footage of said high profile shooting taken by people’s smart phones...

Race issues in the US are fucked and to say this isn’t an issue about race is ridiculous. The US handled the aftermath of the Civil War with a bit too much civility imo - things like Jim Crow laws didn’t change a whole lot with regards to black peoples lives (granted, obviously it’s better than slavery but what isn’t). And pretending like MLK and the Civil Rights era ended racism, when it clearly didn’t, or that America acting like electing a black president would have fixed the problem - when there was a pretty immediate racist backlash to his candidacy and presidency.

If racism wasn’t a real issue, we shouldn’t see a rise in white nationalism in the US. Even in fairly left leaning areas like where I am, there’s a disturbing white nationalist presence (going by the name of Identity Evropa).

Furthermore, the practice of airing the national anthem for NFL games is relatively new and only happened after the US military funneled money into the NFL. Personally, I think it’s weird it’s done before every game and unnecessary. Easiest solution for all parties involved is to go back to the old practice of not having pseudo-patriotic jingoistic bullshit before every NFL game & fill that spot with a shitload army recruitment ads to appease the military.

The people who care about the protest are being hypersensitive little weirdos. Either ignore them, don’t watch the anthem, or do anything else - taking to social media and having a whine about people having different opinions to their take on people of their race being killed by police in high profile confrontations while they are unarmed isn’t really a good look.

I believe there's a long string of sloppy impulsive work from police officers. Just last December a white man was shot unarmed in Arizona that made national headlines, yet I don't see any SJW's or Black Lives Matter protesting against that.  In fact, just the last year 50% of fatal police shootings were white, whereas blacks were at 26%. Blacks die at the hand of other blacks more than any other ethnicity, and you are 20% less likely to be shot by a cop if you are black compared to being white. 

It is undoubtedly a culture issue. There is no evidence to suggest police shootings are racial influenced. Especially when you look at the facts. 

In LA alone, blacks make up 10% of the population, yet commit 42% of robberies and 34% of felonies. 

Whereas whites make up 29% of the population, yet commit 5% of robberies and 13% of felonies. 

So why are blacks getting shot and going to prison at a higher rate? Because they commit more crimes. Simple.  It is the cultural environment they are living in. To suggest anything else is absurd. 

29 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I believe there's a long string of sloppy impulsive work from police officers. Just last December a white man was shot unarmed in Arizona that made national headlines, yet I don't see any SJW's or Black Lives Matter protesting against that.  In fact, just the last year 50% of fatal police shootings were white, whereas blacks were at 26%. Blacks die at the hand of other blacks more than any other ethnicity, and you are 20% less likely to be shot by a cop if you are black compared to being white. 

It is undoubtedly a culture issue. There is no evidence to suggest police shootings are racial influenced. Especially when you look at the facts. 

In LA alone, blacks make up 10% of the population, yet commit 42% of robberies and 34% of felonies. 

Whereas whites make up 29% of the population, yet commit 5% of robberies and 13% of felonies. 

So why are blacks getting shot and going to prison at a higher rate? Because they commit more crimes. Simple.  It is the cultural environment they are living in. To suggest anything else is absurd. 

I like that you went from "white people are more likely to get shot by cops" to "blacks get shot at a higher rate by cops because they commit more crimes"... xD

17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I like that you went from "white people are more likely to get shot by cops" to "blacks get shot at a higher rate by cops because they commit more crimes"... xD

Nice try.

Blacks get shot at a higher rate because they are involved in more crimes. Notice how I didn't specifically include police officers. (I Love how you did for me xD

I'm sure you are well aware of the staggering numbers of black on black shootings that were a result of criminal activity. Kinda made a point about it in my initial paragraph. 

Edited by Cicero

58 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So why are blacks getting shot and going to prison at a higher rate? Because they commit more crimes. Simple.  It is the cultural environment they are living in. 

Debatable: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/141027_iachr_racial_disparities_aclu_submission_0.pdf

in the U.S. you're more likely to get plea deals & less severe sentencing if you're white, which explains the felony conviction rate. The conviction rate also requires communities to report crimes, which not all high crime communities are willing to do because there are plenty of criminals in th

I do however agree that the cultural environment of the US is a problem here - but probably not anywhere near in the same way you do, because I think America's cultural environment involves a lot of people turning a blind eye to socio-economic inequality & the country's history of systemic racism & promoting certain stereotypes to where everyone can assume they're true. Like the stereotyped view of an LA gangbanger or the sterotyped southern hillbilly that I used to assume the entire south was like.

But racial shit is hardly ever "simple" or... black & white (lol), lots of shades of grey. It's complicated stuff with centuries of bullshit to back it up.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Debatable: https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/141027_iachr_racial_disparities_aclu_submission_0.pdf

in the U.S. you're more likely to get plea deals & less severe sentencing if you're white, which explains the felony conviction rate. The conviction rate also requires communities to report crimes, which not all high crime communities are willing to do because there are plenty of criminals in th

I do however agree that the cultural environment of the US is a problem here - but probably not anywhere near in the same way you do, because I think America's cultural environment involves a lot of people turning a blind eye to socio-economic inequality & the country's history of systemic racism & promoting certain stereotypes to where everyone can assume they're true. Like the stereotyped view of an LA gangbanger or the sterotyped southern hillbilly that I used to assume the entire south was like.

But racial shit is hardly ever "simple" or... black & white (lol), lots of shades of grey. It's complicated stuff with centuries of bullshit to back it up.

Does that article state anything regarding the comparison of prior offences between whites and blacks? 

My use of the term, simple, is in regards to this protest. I don't believe police shootings have anything to do with race when you see the numbers. It's just police being dickheads. 

Edited by Cicero

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Does that article state anything regarding the comparison of prior offences between whites and blacks? 

My use of the term, simple, is in regards to this protest. I don't believe it has anything to do with race when you see the numbers. It's just police being dickheads. 

I think the stat of 23% of people shot by cops being black, while 40% were white doesn't paint the whole picture. 72% of the US is white, if people are shot by cops it's reasonable to assume the vast majority of them would reflect the vast majority of the population. Around 13% of the US population is black. That means black people are statistically much more likely to be shot while interacting with police than white people.

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nice try.

Blacks get shot at a higher rate because they are involved in more crimes. Notice how I didn't specifically include police officers. (I Love how you did for me xD

I'm sure you are well aware of the staggering numbers of black on black shootings that were a result of criminal activity. Kinda made a point about it in my initial paragraph. 

You seem to have misintepreted the whole "take a knee" movement... the point wasn't to suggest that police are the biggest killers of blacks and then suggest that blacks dying in other circumstances doesn't matter.

The point was to make sure that there's actually some accountability for police killing blacks and to try and stop the justification of police killing innocent blacks by the right who will continually suggest "they deserved it" because they weren't following orders or were talking back or looked like they had a gun (which is strange because these are the same people that will then say carrying a gun openly should be allowed...).

This also isn't a movement to suggest it doesn't happen to whites but the reaction to it happening to a white person and a black person is incredibly different though and you're proof of that. "Statistically black people are charged with more crimes so black people who were unjustly killed by cops is more likely and fair enough so let's not talk about it..." How does that even make sense as an argument? It doesn't.

Trying to justify black people being murdered by cops is the issue here. Saying it happens to white people as well doesn't mean it's no longer valid. You can suggest that white people should complain about police incompetence/brutality as well but you can't say it makes sense for them to go against the criticism of police. Maybe they should take a knee too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

This also isn't a movement to suggest it doesn't happen to whites but the reaction to it happening to a white person and a black person is incredibly different though and you're proof of that. "Statistically black people are charged with more crimes so black people who were unjustly killed by cops is more likely and fair enough so let's not talk about it..." How does that even make sense as an argument? It doesn't.

Not once, but twice did I state that unjustified shootings of unarmed civilians, be it white or black, is an issue. There is common ground on that. However, there is a split divide by thinking this is a matter of race vs a matter of incompetent and impulsive police officers. The left claim that if you do not believe in the former, you are a racist. You are proof of that. How exactly does that make sense as an argument? Not once have I seen any of the black lives matter supporters stand up and protest for the injustice of Daniel Shaver. But that wouldn't fit their political agenda would it. 

This whole thing goes back to my initial premise. The left want to make this an issue about race, when the statistics point to this being an issue about culture. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not once, but twice did I state that unjustified shootings of unarmed civilians, be it white or black, is an issue. There is common ground on that. However, there is a split divide by thinking this is a matter of race vs a matter of incompetent and impulsive police officers. The left claim that if you do not believe in the former, you are a racist. You are proof of that. How exactly does that make sense as an argument? Not once have I seen any of the black lives matter supporters stand up and protest for the injustice of Daniel Shaver. But that wouldn't fit their political agenda would it. 

This whole thing goes back to my initial premise. The left want to make this an issue about race, when the statistics point to this being an issue about culture. 

Your whole stance seems to be "I agree with him kneeling but I want to be represented as well as it's not about race and I'm going against him because I'm not represented and the whole thing is invalid. It's definitely not about blacks or whites but here are some statistics about the differences between blacks and whites".

As for the Daniel Shaver shooting, maybe you should search online. There was a big deal made out of it and most of the people and media outraged about blacks regularly being killed by police were the ones mainly outraged by this shooting as well. And even if you don't think they were outraged, you'd have to be crazy to think that they thought it was justified. There were fewer people trying to justify it overall though which is interesting. I guess some people need to racially identify with victims to realise something's wrong...