talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Generation 'Snowflake'

football forum

• 1 month later...

A baby speaks his first words and offends many communities

iStock-508619288.jpg

After several weeks uttering unconnected syllables, Miguel Fonseca, 14 months old, pronounced today his first word, instantly offending several communities. The baby said "mama" without realizing that he was indeed invisibilizating many minorities. "It is very sad that the chance of the first word is used in order to perpetuate the suffering of millions people who can not have children and, furthermore, the fact that it is done from the privileged position of a heterosexual white baby is disheartening," many users have moaned in social networks.

According to close sources, the mother is ashamed for having given birth to a cis man who is dedicated to presume the gender of people only because of their looks. "Mom he called me and there he stood with his fat face, I could be his father, I could have a penis, it's quite scary to see how the new generations come," The mother told the press. The father also felt offended by the first word of his son: "It is clear that [for him] men are not involved in motherhood," he complained.

The defenders of the LGTBI community are not happy either, because they consider that only cisgender white women such as his mother exist for the baby. "He has defined his mother as a mother, as if there could not be a male-mother or transgender mother women," they protest. "The worst of all is that he keeps repeating the word over and over again, that baby is already a repeat offender," they warn. Other minorities criticize that, being able to say words like "equality" or "justice",  controversial words like "mama" are used every time the baby starts speaking.

After becoming a "trending topic" in Twitter and being featured in some newspaper columns, the baby just limited himself to sleep and shit on himself as if nothing had happened, something that many consider another lack of respect. More and more people are demanding for the next word the baby learns to be "sorry," although they also warn that apologies may come too late.

See more at El Mundo Todayhttps://www.elmundotoday.com/2018/02/un-nino-dice-su-primera-palabra-y-ofende-a-varios-colectivos/?utm_content=buffer2b8a7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by Kowabunga

I don't think this generation snowflake thing is as bad as people make out. With social media people are a lot more awere of what people are thinking. Also in now days it is(rightly in my opinion) unexeptable to be racist' sexist' homophobic so of course some people are gonna get offended by things people didn't use to. It's pretty much a fact every generation moans about the next. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think this generation snowflake thing is as bad as people make out. With social media people are a lot more awere of what people are thinking. Also in now days it is(rightly in my opinion) unexeptable to be racist' sexist' homophobic so of course some people are gonna get offended by things people didn't use to. It's pretty much a fact every generation moans about the next. 

Some things seem like something they’re not intended to be by overly sensitive people... = snowflake.

Mostly todays Students and the growth in these far left people believe anything and influenced by something that is topical like Trump, Immigration and Brexit etc The mealiness protests around the world really have started this revolution, the word Racist labeled at everything also for people that don't agree with them.   Frightening future created by weak governments are to blame.

Edited by VanPaddy

Probably not quite a snowflake story but whatever.

Today's laughable story involves Little Mix singer Jesy Nelson, who decides to have her hair in dreadlocks/braids and posts it on Instagram. Normally, the general public would not really care too much and life goes on, but this is the age of the snowflake and the snowflake's have criticised her for 'cultural appropriation' (by offending black people...............somehow) and many have called for her to apologise as a result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43126568

For fuck sake. :dam:

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

Cultural appropriation outrage is always fun because it's usually nothing situations involving celebrities whose fame is built in a lane that airheads occupy. These types of celebrities have so little character that even the outrage around them is fucking bland.

Edited by 6666

On 2/9/2018 at 21:29, Gunnersauraus said:

It becomes a problem when people pretend that they have a right to not be offended (which is entirely subjective) and try to anchor that sentiment into government and corporate policy.

7 hours ago, 6666 said:

Cultural appropriation outrage is always fun because it's usually nothing situations involving celebrities whose fame is built in a lane that airheads occupy. These types if celebrities have so little character that even the outrage around them is fucking bland.

It's so hard to care about it, like those generic news stories about how some school says 'happy holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas'. Snore.

Edited by Panflute

Are people actually outraged though or have they just plucked a few tweets and decided there is outrage?

Its tricky because black culture often gets taken and sold in the media as a white phenomen, I.e. Kim Kardashian attributing braids to Bo Derek rather than black people, ditsy white girls wearing bindis to festivals when you know some of them have probably called someone a p*ki or made curry jokes, bud bud ding ding etc...but at the same time you can't be annoyed when someone genuinely just likes the hair do.

Thats the problem with Twitter is that it doesn't take the general consensus into acct, normal people won't be constantly tweeting about things and normal people would probably just bypass the discussion of should the white girl from a girl band wear braids because most people will have an each to their own mentality.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:28, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Probably not quite a snowflake story but whatever.

Today's laughable story involves Little Mix singer Jesy Nelson, who decides to have her hair in dreadlocks/braids and posts it on Instagram. Normally, the general public would not really care too much and life goes on, but this is the age of the snowflake and the snowflake's have criticised her for 'cultural appropriation' (by offending black people...............somehow) and many have called for her to apologise as a result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43126568

For fuck sake. :dam:

Imagine if the Romans had never appropriated culture from the people they conquered xD Getting offended at the notion of "cultural appropriation" is fucking stupid - especially in the age of the internet and globalisation. Other cultures being appropriated and blended into different cultures is 1.) nothing new, 2.) leads to things like art, literature, music, etc.... aka humans building more culture.

One of the people I drink with regularly at my local has dreadlocks and is basically a harmless hippy that loves everyone. He was accused of racism/cultural appropriation for being a white guy with dreads. That was a funny conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently reading and understanding books makes you a snowflake.

I must have been a snowflake age 14, before they were even a thing, because that was the message I got from the book. 

Edited by Inverted
  • Upvote 2