talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Disappointments Of The Year

football forum

What has been the disappointing things in football this year for you?

Not many for me but I'll list what I can

- Universitario's disappointing season

- Napoli failing to pass the UCL group stages

- Venezuela failing to win the U20 World Cup final

- Yoshimar Yotun going to Orlando City

- Paolo Guerrero's ban

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ranieri being sacked (he was taking us down but still disappointed it ended as it did) 

Shakespeare being sacked after all he'd done over the years for us (honeymoon period swiftly finished and again, ended sourly) 

Adrien Silva deadline day signing farce 

This isn’t to start all that up again and just to answer the question. The biggest disappointments from my point of view at Arsenal were first and foremost Arsene Wenger signing a new contract and then the non sale of players like Özil and Alexis for obvious reasons. 

4 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

The fake news about a £70m war chest Rafa has to spend which every newspaper ran with. It was probably all a con to sell season tickets.

He done a great interview on Spanish radio station Ondacero two nights ago on that amongst other things. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Ranieri being sacked (he was taking us down but still disappointed it ended as it did) 

Shakespeare being sacked after all he'd done over the years for us (honeymoon period swiftly finished and again, ended sourly) 

Adrien Silva deadline day signing farce 

My three for us as well. It was gutting it ended that way with Ranieri but it was quite simply that or it ends an even worse way in the Championship. I still can't believe quite how wrong it went. I've never seen a team capitulate like it in my life. Chelsea, while they do usually finish in the top three, didn't fall that low. We literally went from the best side in the league to the worst in nine months.

Shakespeare's situation was a gamble we took when we gave him the job and it backfired. I did find it quite refreshing that his contribution did seem to get a lot of recognition from our fans in the end though. We'd not have won the league without him.

Silva I just sympathise with. Our total ineptness has not only weakened us for half a season but it's given him a setback ahead of possibly his last ever World Cup. I've never wanted a signing to succeed more than him.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Dan said:

Silva I just sympathise with. Our total ineptness has not only weakened us for half a season but it's given him a setback ahead of possibly his last ever World Cup. I've never wanted a signing to succeed more than him.

I'm worried that we've hyped him up so much that if he doesn't hit the ground running he's going to be under so much pressure from our fans. 

Or you just know that he's getting injured on the day he makes his debut (maybe against Fleetwood) 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm worried that we've hyped him up so much that if he doesn't hit the ground running he's going to be under so much pressure from our fans. 

Or you just know that he's getting injured on the day he makes his debut (maybe against Fleetwood) 

Iheanacho's gone that way. All the clamouring for him to sign and the bullshit that held the deal up and now a sizeable number would happily sell him already. He just looks a terrible fit.

Going from shoe in's for the playoffs to one win in the last seven and missing out all together. Sickening.

My others non Leeds related would be,

• Seeing Buffon's chance of landing the Champions League evaporate after a Real Madrid second half anal fisting in the Champions League Final.
  • Arsene Wenger being given a further nine lives at Arsenal, meaning more Arsenal TV clips posted on social media
  • Italy failing to qualify for the World Cup. No other country sings a national anthem like the Italians.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

And lastly, Dortmund's failure to find a proper coach. Shambles since Klopp left.

They played some really good football under Tuchel to be fair. He proved to be a great fit just extenuating circumstances leading to a falling out with management and some players, i do wonder if we'll ever hear the full story about the match after the bombing. It seemed at least from the outside that was the tipping point.

To be fair, I can understand why some would be upset that Peru qualified over Chile. They are still a better side than us and would more than likely beat us in a match. However, were in and they aren't and that's the end of it. Europeans and North Americans may be disappointed but most South Americans are really glad they missed out.

Archived