talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football High Points This Year

football forum

Opposite of the other thread. Some high points?

Lots for me

- Peru qualifying for the World Cup (obvious number 1)

- Sport Boys getting promoted to the Primera Division

- Paolo Guerrero and Ricardo Gareca winning player/manager of the year in their respective polls (assuming they win it, which seems very unlikely they don't)

- Paolo Guerrero getting his ban cut

- Chile missing out on the World cup

- Renato Tapia becoming an undisputed starter for Feyenoord

- Jefferson Farfan's return to form

- Miguel Trauco moving to Flamengo

- Ruidiaz' golden boot and sweeping the Liga MX awards

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Getting to quarter finals of Champions League 

Witnessing Champions League knockout games at the King Power Stadium 

Last minute equaliser against Utd 

Witnessing Vardy get his 50th Premier League goal (first Leicester player to do so) 

• Arsenal not qualifying for the Champions League

Probably a bit controversial, but I have my personal reasons for this in that I was tired of years of being made to feel mere qualification for Europe’s premiere football tournament was success and something to go crazy about.

• FC Barcelona 6-1 Paris Saint-Germain

For me the greatest comeback in the history of the game and one of the genuinely most exciting football matches I’ve ever seen. Great to see the incredulous and confused look of Naseer Al-Kheilafi’s face when the camera panned onto him at the end of the game.

• Real Madrid 2-3 FC Barcelona

Barça had pulled back 8 points from the previous month to this game to be in with a chance to win La Liga and nobody gave Barcelona a chance coming into this game. The final 30 minutes were blistering and watching Messi get the winner wit the last kick of the game and the shirt showing action he gave to the Santiago Bernabéu was wonderful and more than just a moment of feeling euphoric.  Pity it didn’t serve to win La Liga, but it made the climax onto the season exciting.

• Benevento being promoted from Serie ‘B’ to Serie ‘A’ for the first time in their history

The diminutive football club from the Campania region in the south of Italy managed to achieve a historic feat in Italian football.  In a world of mega billions and player power, it was great to see such a small club live a dream that seemed impossible.

• AS Monaco winning the Ligue1 Championship

PSG have so much power in French football these days... The difference in every aspect between themselves and every other football club in France is more than just perverse.  To see them collapse from the moment they got destroyed by Barça in the Champions League and then their league form disintegrate was marvellous to observe.

Archived