talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Quiz 19 - A Christmas Miracle

football forum

• Subscriber

Your eyes do not deceive you, the penultimate round of the Quiz League season is here, and hopefully there won't be another 2 month wait between this one and the last one.

TF365 Quiz League Round 19 - A Christmas Miracle

The title doesn't only refer to the miracle of me creating a new quiz, this is a simple quiz to see how much attention you've paid to the festive football across Europe this year (mainly). Have fun and good luck!

Click Here to take the quiz!

Access Code: HJ8G58

Round 19 Deadline: At some point after New Year

Do not discuss answers in this thread until they have been revealed!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be joining this now. I took the test and probably guessed 5 or 6 of the 11. I'm seriously out of touch with English and German football these days. Thankfully I still have somewhat of a groove in Calcio.

• Subscriber

Quiz 19 Answers

1) Harry Kane broke a host of goal scoring records in 2017, with hat-tricks in his last two league games of the calendar year taking him to 8 for the year. Against which team did Kane score his first hat-trick of 2017?

D – West Brom. Just 14 days into the new year, Kane put three past Ben Foster in the same week that he became a father for the first time. 75% answered correctly.

2) After Kane, which Tottenham player has scored the most league goals so far this season?

D – Heung-Min Son. The Korean forward sits on 6 goals in the Premier League this season, ahead of Eriksen (5) and Alli (5 but 4 when the quiz was published). 67% answered correctly.

3) The beginning of Gennaro Gattuso’s reign as AC Milan manager has been short of Christmas cheer, with one of the worst moments coming in a 2-0 defeat two days before Christmas at home to which side?

A – Atalanta. In-form Atalanta inflicted a damaging defeat on Gattuso’s men within a week of Milan’s 3-0 defeat away at Hellas Verona. Fortunately, a 1-0 success in the Coppa Italia quarter final clash with rivals Internazionale granted Gattuso some much needed relief. 67% answered correctly.

4) The Coppa Italia quarter finals take place over the Christmas and New Year period. Which major Italian club did not reach this stage of the competition?

D – Roma. A weakened Roma side were denied a quarter final spot following a 2-1 loss to Torino in their own back yard. 50% answered correctly.

5) A rare midday El Clasico took place on the 23rd of December, with Barcelona running out 3-0 winners at the Bernabeu. Which Real Madrid player was sent off during the game?

B – Dani Carvajal. The full back was given his marching orders for blocking a goal bound effort with his hand. Although the follow up was forced over the line, the referee stopped the game and awarded the red card and a penalty to Barcelona which was duly converted by Leo Messi. 83% answered correctly.

6) Early-season league leaders Valencia slipped further from the title chase on the same day, suffering a 1-0 home defeat to which team?

D – Villarreal. Carlos Bacca’s first half goal was enough to secure the points for the visitors in a game which also saw a red card on each side. Simone Zaza’s pair of bookings in the space of three minutes proved to be particularly damaging for his side. 50% answered correctly.

7) The last day of Bundesliga action before the winter break saw a number of high-scoring games, the most notable of which was a 4-4 draw between Hannover 96 and which team?

B – Bayer Leverkusen. A topsy turvy game eventually ended all square with a second half brace for Leverkusen’s Jamaican forward Leon Bailey one of the highlights. 83% answered correctly.

8) Before clubs could relax for Christmas, the next round of the DFB Pokal took place on the 19th and 20th of December. Which team did Bayern Munchen beat in order to progress to the quarter-finals?

A – Borussia Dortmund. Yarmolenko’s second half strike for Dortmund wasn’t enough to peg back the German champions as first half goals from Boateng and Muller secured them a 2-1 success. 58% answered correctly.

9) The Dutch Eredivisie was one of the only leagues still in action on Christmas Eve. Roda JC were handed a 5-1 thumping by which team?

B – Feyenoord. The defending Dutch champions started the game as they meant to go on with two goals in the first few minutes leaving their opponents with a mountain to climb. 75% answered correctly.

10) Which English football commentator/pundit has a birthday on the 25th of December?

B – Chris Kamara. It is popular Soccer Saturday reporter “Kammy” whose birthday lands on Christmas Day. 42% answered correctly.

Results

5a4e0964a8cb1_Quiz19Results.thumb.png.4e459c8aaddfb732ebf296463b900335.png

A perfect score for @Storts means that the battle for top spot sees him, @Lucas and @Stan separated by just three points going into the final round.

Table

5a4e0965a9d2b_Quiz19Table.png.b5dabfb38a3dc818e39f4caf4711f0e4.png

Average Table

5a4e0963d04fb_Quiz19Average.png.79d3d41c7c8c6b53c884c35570e4f7dd.png

Last quiz will be posted at some point in the next couple of days and will be a special 12 question edition to celebrate 2017. Keep your eyes peeled.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Ohhh squeaky bum time. All I did was watch sport the last few weeks. Guessed the last question though, had no idea

haha. Q9 I had a bet on and Q10 I knew as I love sharing a birthday with him :D 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 04/01/2018 at 11:08, RandoEFC said:

Last quiz will be posted at some point in the next couple of days and will be a special 12 question edition to celebrate 2017. Keep your eyes peeled.

Yeah so like I said, couple of days, six weeks, what's even the difference?

The final round will be posted before the end of this week so that I can concentrate on running the last man standing challenge.

Archived