talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Relegation Battle

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, nice one mate. 

I just don’t really get you digging out clubs for offering little to the Premier League when Everton are also one of those sides. 

In Europe three times in the last ten years, and what, one cup final? But yeah, you can add an extra year to the fascia at Goodison that you’ve been in the top division for years.

What's the criteria here for 'doing something'?  

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, nice one mate. 

I just don’t really get you digging out clubs for offering little to the Premier League when Everton are also one of those sides. 

In Europe three times in the last ten years, and what, one cup final? But yeah, you can add an extra year to the fascia at Goodison that you’ve been in the top division for years.

They were the first club to sell tickets via text message though to be fair xD

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Absolutely massive club but I really don't feel the need to delve into it further as you're on one of your monthly period rants. 

Says you? Not a rant anywhere in sight, I’m just saying its the pot calling the kettle black for an Everton fan to say that teams like Swansea are “nothing clubs” when Swansea have won as many major honours as Everton in 20+ years and Everton, like many sides, are in the bracket of “offering the Premier League little” due to a being a, largely, mid-table team for the past 25+ years of Premier League seasons. 

3 hours ago, HK85 said:

What's the criteria here for 'doing something'?  

Well, it’s utterly subjective, isn’t it? But I find it hard to call Swansea a “nothing club” when Everton have acheived little (but then again, barring maybe six clubs, who has achieved much in the league alone?) either. 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Well, it’s utterly subjective, isn’t it? But I find it hard to call Swansea a “nothing club” when Everton have acheived little (but then again, barring maybe six clubs, who has achieved much in the league alone?) either. 

Six clubs...you mean the winners there, surely? United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester and Blackburn. What has any one else achieved? 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Can't be accused of doing nothing when you've won something though.

I get it's hard for Everton, literally the biggest nothing club for the last twenty years. A quick goal at Wembley and that's it. 

This is a discussion about what's being offered to the Premier League, I hope you can now follow the debate. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

This is a discussion about what's being offered to the Premier League, I hope you can now follow the debate. 

what have Everton offered?

• Administrator

sorry but a Premier League win is more than enough of the metaphorical legs to stand on compared to Everton xD.

How far have Everton ever got in Europe, as well, if you're gonna bring that up :)? More specifically, how far have you ever got in the Champions League?

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Again, see Leicester. Marvellous Premier League win but over the years what else? No real European success, poor domestically. 

Most famous for having a Turkish midfielder with a funny name and being sponsored by Walkers crisp.

They've won two cups since Everton last won one for a start. Reached a European Cup quarter final. When did Everton last do that? Have they ever?

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

They've won two cups since Everton last won one for a start. Reached a European Cup quarter final. When did Everton last do that? Have they ever?

getting ready for him to say 'chomp' or the like :/ 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

sorry but a Premier League win is more than enough of the metaphorical legs to stand on compared to Everton xD.

How far have Everton ever got in Europe, as well, if you're gonna bring that up :)? More specifically, how far have you ever got in the Champions League?

Like I reminded Michael, in terms of the big one, the quarter final. 

But we have won a European trophy as well. Not that this matters...Premier League discussion, please. 

Please keep this on track, Mr Administrator. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HK85 said:

Like I reminded Michael, in terms of the big one, the quarter final. 

But we have won a European trophy as well. Not that this matters...Premier League discussion, please. 

Please keep this on track, Mr Administrator. 

think you'll find @Cannabis raised the European point. Keep on track!

But well done on your European Cup win 47 years ago. Kudos. 

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Again, see Leicester. Marvellous Premier League win but over the years what else? No real European success, poor domestically. 

Most famous for having a Turkish midfielder with a funny name and being sponsored by Walkers crisp.

xD

Come on. You can do better than that.

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Six clubs...you mean the winners there, surely? United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester and Blackburn. What has any one else achieved? 

Yeah, I suppose I do but “success” is relative, isn’t it?

Success for Bournemouth isn’t success for say Manchester United. 

Archived