talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Relegation Battle

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Oh and Palace (16th) still have to play Stoke.

West Ham as well. They're not totally safe and still have Arsenal, City and Utd to play... 

Don't drag us in to this for your own sexual gain. We're safe.

Brighton are safe because Southampton lost today. There run in is horrific. Fingers crossed this gives them a false pretence for next season. They add nothing to this league other than 'Glenn Murray is old and does well'.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Think Southampton are gone as well now. Looks like after all there might not be any big last day of the season battle.

To lose from 2-0 up with 20 left, at home, to a side who are in pretty dodgy form themselves is humiliating, and typical of a side that will be relegated.

They need a result from Leicester away Thursday. It's a great chance for them with the way we are. We've got absolutely nothing to play for.

Southampton could get to about 35 points with their fixtures, Stoke 36. This is assuming they knuckle down and get the points in the winable games which they probably wont.

If they do then Swansea, West Ham and Huddersfield will be at risk on the final day. Huddersfield especially probably wont get another point this season.

4 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Southampton could get to about 35 points with their fixtures, Stoke 36. This is assuming they knuckle down and get the points in the winable games which they probably wont.

If they do then Swansea, West Ham and Huddersfield will be at risk on the final day. Huddersfield especially probably wont get another point this season.

I hope that happens but think the bottom three as is will go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Opening back up now 

Swansea have to play Southampton and Stoke still.

Huddersfield have to play Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal in their last 3. Could still go down...

Crystal Palace (11th, 38pts) - Stoke City (a), West Brom (h). 

Bournemouth (12th, 38pts) - Swansea City (h), Burnley (a). 

Watford (13th, 38pts) - Tottenham Hotspur (h), Newcastle United (a), Manchester United (h). 

Brighton & Hove Albion (14th, 37pts) - Manchester United (h), Manchester City (a), Liverpool (a). 

West Ham United (15th, 35pts) - Manchester City (h), Leicester City (a), Manchester United (h), Everton (h). 

Huddersfield Town (16th, 35pts) - Manchester City (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h). 

Swansea City (17th, 33pts) - Bournemouth (a), Southampton (h), Stoke City (h). 

Southampton (18th, 32pts) - Everton (a), Swansea City (a), Manchester City (h). 

Stoke City (19th, 30pts) - Crystal Palace (h), Swansea City (a). 

West Bromwich Albion (20th, 28pts) - Tottenham Hotspur (h), Crystal Palace (a). 

• Administrator

Pretty sure anyone from Brighton and above can't get relegated because Swansea still have to play Southampton and Stoke, therefore points will be taken there. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Maths like that before 9am on a Sunday? Nah, not up for that. 

xD I didn't even work anything properly out. I could be wrong! 

The way we're playing, we'll give West Ham 3 points so they're safety is secured. We've done it with Palace and Newcastle recently. 

• Subscriber

All could still go from that list. If Southampton beat Everton, Swansea and Man City they'll hit 41 points, and if Swansea won their other two against Bournemouth and Stoke they'll hit 39 points so they could both still technically overtake anyone on 39 points or less.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

If Swansea and Stoke flush then the neutral has hit the jackpot this season.

Think you could say the same about Southampton to be honest. They've been around long enough to make a meaningful transition from a well run feeder club to an established Premier League contender and failed to do so. Constantly selling your players isn't sustainable especially if you're relying on the well of talent from your academy because it will eventually run dry. To be fair to them they tried to fight Van Dijk's departure but I think they really needed to start signing established players instead of budget options like Gabbiadini and Tadic. 

• Subscriber

I'm going to cry if Stoke stay up. I'm waiting on them dropping for £320. I've got this horrible feeling they will as well even though in theory they should be dead.

Huddersfield look in a very precarious position there.

It is probably all going to boil down to that Swansea v Southampton game. In all seriousness if it wasn't for my personal reasons I'd be certain Stoke were going. Their good result yesterday has been shot up in flames by the fact Southampton and West Brom both won. Stoke could actually come dead last.

Archived