• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 30-31st December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Didn't think it was a penalty anyway! Zaha goes down at the slightest of contact by Sterling, who probably would have done the same as well.

Puncheon cleaning out De Bruyne was disgusting.

• Administrator

don't you just love irony in football?

Palace, after going 7 games without a goal or a win at the start of the season are the first team in the league to stop Man City scoring and to stop their winning run.

Fosu-Mensah with a fully deserved man of the match!

• Administrator

Wonder if Puncheon will get any punishment after the game for that tackle of De Bruyne. Clearly gone to injure the player and wasn't even close to being just a 'late' tackle.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

better midfielders would help. Iborra is class and fine but Ndidi also has a lot to learn. He's still very young though so it's not that I'm putting the blame on him. 

When you have a defender who is comfortable on the ball though, any good opposing manager will instruct his forwards to press on him. 

His defending for the 2nd goal is shambolic though. Salah may be strong but you're a 6ft 5/6 defender up against a player like Salah (not to the Egyptian's discredit), but you shouldn't be able to be turned so easily. Gotta use your strength to hold him up. 

best thing about Maguire is his presence at offensive set pieces. Already got a good amount of goals and assists since the start of the season.

Iborra isn't mobile enough to play in a midfield two. I still think Puel's idealistic scenario sees us play three in midfield but we just haven't got the bodies.

Our midfield:
Iborra
Ndidi
James
King
Amartey
Choudhury

So you've got Iborra like I say hasn't got the mobility, Ndidi who is like you say good, but with a bit to learn, James who just isn't fully fit, King who isn't good enough, Amartey who isn't really good enough and is being used more in defence, and Choudhury who has played about 10 minutes of senior football in his career.

That just isn't a midfield you can rotate over this set of fixtures. We haven't got the players to do it. Once again congratulations to our recruitment team who sold Drinkwater and fucked up getting his replacement in on time. I think we've largely got away with that so far but now we're really paying for it.

While Puel's made errors (those subs yesterday, bemusing) the squad clearly isn't fit for his purpose.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Iborra isn't mobile enough to play in a midfield two. I still think Puel's idealistic scenario sees us play three in midfield but we just haven't got the bodies.

Our midfield:
Iborra
Ndidi
James
King
Amartey
Choudhury

So you've got Iborra like I say hasn't got the mobility, Ndidi who is like you say good, but with a bit to learn, James who just isn't fully fit, King who isn't good enough, Amartey who isn't really good enough and is being used more in defence, and Choudhury who has played about 10 minutes of senior football in his career.

That just isn't a midfield you can rotate over this set of fixtures. We haven't got the players to do it. Once again congratulations to our recruitment team who sold Drinkwater and fucked up getting his replacement in on time. I think we've largely got away with that so far but now we're really paying for it.

While Puel's made errors (those subs yesterday, bemusing) the squad clearly isn't fit for his purpose.

if Silva comes in and performs well, I think we'll see the 3 in midfield and 2 wingers with Vardy up front. We'll be sacrificing Okazaki but at least we'll have some composure and good experience in midfield. You'll probably see Iborra sitting deep which is what he does now anyway. Ndidi just ahead and then Silva linking up with the wingers and Vardy. The good thing with our wingers is that they generally track back well (something underestimated in Mahrez). Albrighton has an absolute engine on him. That game against Utd he played right wing, left wing, central midfield and then ultimately right-back and getting an assist in from the left xD

50 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

This looks bad with De Bruyne  ..Silva in Spain, Jesus injured today  ...get the cheque book out 

Disgraceful! You’ve ruined football with buying the league and ruining it for ordinary fans! Oh wait, that was 99% of your fan base pre 2008 B|

He had United, Liverpool and Spurs in mind but that was a woeful lineup from Sam. Three defensive minded midfielders against Bournemouth. And one of them McCarthy who is absolutely shite. 

Feel sorry for Calvert-Lewin, he has obvious limitations but the lad grafts all the time he's on and there's no one within 10 yards of him at times. 

Last two games have been some tough viewing but like said in here, first defeat in 8 and January to come. Desperate for a striker. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived