• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 30-31st December, 2017

football forum

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

No Van Dijk and that's Southampton's first clean sheet in 12. Coincidence? :ph34r:

Yes, Van Dijk hasn't actually played the last three either and also they were only playing United.

Brilliant today, went hard on Stoke from minute one got three goals and it was game over. Clean sheet scored five goals without breaking a sweat, also it says a lot about our opposition. Moved to second still miles behind City but i would take a top three finish right now. The Kante - Drinkwater partnership was excellent today.

Not a penalty for me and thought the ref did the right thing. The saints player was too close to ball when it hit his hand and if anything it would have been a very harsh call if the penalty was awarded. 

De Gea wonderful with that save and it begs the question again for me where would this team be without De Gea as their saviour every week. I cant wait for the press meet on what Mouinho has to say but fully expect him to go on a rant about officials and penalty call. 

Every time I watch a whole United match I sincerely feel more convinced that Mourinho doesn't do any possession work, combination exercises, or just any ball work generally. 

United look like a boys' club team that spend their mornings jogging around from cone to cone, practicing their shape, and then get sent out with a slap on the back and a "keep the high balls high and the low balls low". 

Except Mourinho does that once in 4-5 days on an average.

Its always the fault of

- the refs

- opposition (because they scored 2 from 2 shots on target)

- or his players because they are childish

- or strong defensive performance by smaller teams who didnt want to play football(even though the does the same against most of the teams away from home).

Its never because the other manager outplayed him or the other other team outplayed his'

• Subscriber

Vardy up to his usual tricks. He's got a ridiculously good record against Liverpool.

Not as bad as expected but that's two defeats from winning positions in the space of four days. We just haven't got that ability to see games out with this squad of players. I think Maguire is an excellent ball playing defender but I think at the same time he makes a lot of errors when defending and it looked like yet again they were costly.

Liverpool were all over us really in the first half. God knows how we went in ahead.

Better side won. Forget about top seven this year. We aren't consistent enough.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Brilliant today, went hard on Stoke from minute one got three goals and it was game over. Clean sheet scored five goals without breaking a sweat, also it says a lot about our opposition. Moved to second still miles behind City but i would take a top three finish right now. The Kante - Drinkwater partnership was excellent today.

uuuuuuuuuurgh

Good performance from us, a lot more clinical (Morata aside) which was good to see as that’s an area we haven’t been good enough in over the course of the season so far.

Stoke were awful though and hence i’ll take the performance from us with a pinch of salt, they completely rolled for us. Nice anyway to have an easy game and at the same time rest some key players with Arsenal to come for us next.

• Subscriber

Salah's ability to get chances is unbelievable. He could've easily had 5 today. I honestly don't think he's that great a finisher he just gets so many chances that he's bound to score a couple anyway. Did do really well for both goals he scored though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived