talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 30-31st December, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber

I agree with that. I've said this a few times lately but how good he is on the ball is clouding people's judgement of him as a defender - and unfortunately for me he's been very average. Morgan's defended better than him, and Huth did as well for all I think both are pretty shoddy footballers.

He's got a lot of potential but we've got to find a way to unlock it. His mistakes are being punished.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Absolutely textbook Liverpool this. Dominating, plenty of chances, plenty of opportunities to create more chances, no goals. The other lot have one shot on target and it's in the net.

The only team to score more than you are City...

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Dan said:

I agree with that. I've said this a few times lately but how good he is on the ball is clouding people's judgement of him as a defender - and unfortunately for me he's been very average. Morgan's defended better than him, and Huth did as well for all I think both are pretty shoddy footballers.

He's got a lot of potential but we've got to find a way to unlock it. His mistakes are being punished.

better midfielders would help. Iborra is class and fine but Ndidi also has a lot to learn. He's still very young though so it's not that I'm putting the blame on him. 

When you have a defender who is comfortable on the ball though, any good opposing manager will instruct his forwards to press on him. 

His defending for the 2nd goal is shambolic though. Salah may be strong but you're a 6ft 5/6 defender up against a player like Salah (not to the Egyptian's discredit), but you shouldn't be able to be turned so easily. Gotta use your strength to hold him up. 

best thing about Maguire is his presence at offensive set pieces. Already got a good amount of goals and assists since the start of the season.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

The only team to score more than you are City...

City, Arsenal, and United have all scored more than us at home and we're level with Tottenham and Chelsea. With the talent we have going forward, and our attacking style, we should be doing better than that.

Yesterday's first half was a very familiar picture and one that's seen us drop far too many points at home this season.

I see Rafa has started a trend of putting Carabao Cup line ups out against the top teams and just accepting defeat in the hope of being fit for the next game. Stoke did it at Chelsea.

In future the fine margins at the top end of the table could be defined by the time you play bottom clubs, making the league as big a joke as the league cup. Football on its deathbed.

• Administrator

Sane has been very frustrating recently, especially in this game. Not on the same wavelength as some other players.

Sterling to come on at half time and change the game.

• Administrator

that might have been Palace's best chance! Townsend balloons over from about 10 yards out. 

McManaman saying it's a hard chance? Like fuck it was. Gotta be hitting the target at the very least!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived