talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 30-31st December, 2017

football forum

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Stan said:

if Silva comes in and performs well, I think we'll see the 3 in midfield and 2 wingers with Vardy up front. We'll be sacrificing Okazaki but at least we'll have some composure and good experience in midfield. You'll probably see Iborra sitting deep which is what he does now anyway. Ndidi just ahead and then Silva linking up with the wingers and Vardy. The good thing with our wingers is that they generally track back well (something underestimated in Mahrez). Albrighton has an absolute engine on him. That game against Utd he played right wing, left wing, central midfield and then ultimately right-back and getting an assist in from the left xD

Silva being in the squad would've made a huge difference. I'm absolutely sure of that. He patches up the weakness in midfield. Like him or not, King really isn't good enough to start for a side who want to push to get that 7th place. Silva, Ndidi and Iborra looks on paper a very decent midfield to me.

I noticed yesterday Mahrez doing a lot more defending that he'll ever get the credit for. People read too much into his body language and not what he actually does. Thought he was pretty quiet yesterday going forward bar the early assist but still think he's got too much to his game to justify being subbed, although I'd imagine he's resting him for Monday.

Slimani I'd happily sell. He just isn't the answer.

Albrighton's an asset in busy periods like this. He's like our Milner.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No idea how Alex Iwobi keeps getting games for us. He just isn't a threat whatsoever and literally adds nothing to our attack. Would like to see Walcott or Welbeck on soon.

I'd like to see Alexis come on soon. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Only Arsene Wenger can make his first substitution a CB for another CB when it's 0-0 in the 70th minute. xDxD

The thing is that the 70th minute is when he's made substitutions practically ever since he became Arsenal manager mate.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

That's what made it more hilarious.

I know what you mean mate. 

I used to go crazy and feel like crying about things that he does but not anymore.  Now I actually genuinely laugh because I don't care anymore. xD

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know what you mean mate. 

I used to go crazy and feel like crying about things that he does but not anymore.  Now I actually genuinely laugh because I don't care anymore. xD

I'm exactly the same, I just laughed out loud when I saw Mertesacker getting ready to come on.

Indeed... Who cares how it went in. We haven't been in a position to demand our results be made in style for a long while now. We should be more pragmatic to be honest a lot of the time.  The important thing is the goal and there's only one player out there quality enough to change the course of games.

My phone gave the habitual alert for a goal (in this case the West Brom non penalty) and it seems to have been caught in a state of shock!  I can't even restart it and the screen is frozen... It's more of an Arsenal fan than I am! xD

Anyway... A draw it is then.  1-1 (FT)

• Subscriber

The officiating is absolutely ridiculous and I have no idea how after what Clattenburg came out with a few weeks ago people turn such a blind eye to it. He practically admitted he doesn't stick to the rules yet time and time again certain referees are the centre of attention, normally on televised games, giving ridiculous, game-changing decisions.

I am absolutely certain they give controversial decisions on purpose.

Blaming refs I find is a kop out in a lot of situations, but today he has truly cost us. One of the worst handball decisions I have seen, especially at that stage of the game. What in the fuck was Chambers suppose to do? He had his arms in a complete natural position and the ball would have hit his body anyway.

Mike Dean is truly the worst referee in the league and once again has made himself the talking point.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Blaming refs I find is a kop out in a lot of situations, but today he has truly cost us. One of the worst handball decisions I have seen, especially at that stage of the game. What in the fuck was Chambers suppose to do? He had his arms in a complete natural position and the ball would have hit his body anyway.

Mike Dean is truly the worst referee in the league and once again has made himself the talking point.

What's scary is he isn't. Nobody comes close to Jon Moss and then I'd rank Madley as worse as well.

You can forgive genuine errors, some offside decisions, fouls being inside or outside a box etc... which are the finest of margins but not stuff like that.

7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Mate, I get it and the penalty decision was a joke. This isn't the only country ridiculous decisions are being made but we shouldn't be grinding put results against West Brom considering our resources with all due respects. This is just a sign of the times mate, this is what we actually are. 

The truth in the matter is we should've scored more goals to win the game and take the three points. There is no excuse!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived