talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

talkfootball365 - The future of this forum

football forum

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've created a Donator group for all of those who have helped since our inception.

Current benefits are:

• No ads.
  • Can change name anytime (usual limit is once every 182 days)

If I've missed you, it's because your PayPal email doesn't match up with the email you've used to register. PM me with the email you'd have used to donate and I'll add you.

A few people mentioned getting some sort of tracker up and running which is now live and functional.

On the homepage of the forum in the sidebar is the new donation goal. When you donate via this it'll automatically update the goal so that everyone can see where we're in real time.

@Asura

All funds are going towards paying for the server and license which has been detailed earlier in the thread.. Any additional funds are going towards Google Adwords to promote the forum within Google.

Long term goal is to get enough traffic in via Google Adwords and social media (which we're currently doing a big push on via https://twitter.com/tf365official) to cover the cost of the forum through the ads on the forum alone.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rab said:

All funds are going towards paying for the server and license which has been detailed earlier in the thread.. Any additional funds are going towards Google Adwords to promote the forum within Google.

Long term goal is to get enough traffic in via Google Adwords and social media (which we're currently doing a big push on via https://twitter.com/tf365official) to cover the cost of the forum through the ads on the forum alone.

:drunk:

Just donated a bit then

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Storts said:

Think there needs to be absolute transparency on where this money is going and how it's being spent or else we could see another Chazz situation arising.

Chazz was an absolute bellend though and went totally quiet/in the dark.

At least we have trust in @Rab to lead this forum where it needs to be and can be, especially with the technical side/background stuff as mentioned above, and he's known by many on the forum; no-one ever really knew who Chazz was. 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:09, Storts said:

Think there needs to be absolute transparency on where this money is going and how it's being spent or else we could see another Chazz situation arising.

A degree of Transparency I agree with but I think we can trust Rab to be doing all the right things for the forum. There are probably a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration about where any funding goes and in all honesty I personally wouldn't feel the need to be grilling him over where every penny goes like some end of year accountant... xD

As far as I am aware no-one has donated 20K he is going to run off with anytime soon so I think we are in safe hands... 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A degree of Transparency I agree with but I think we can trust Rab to be doing all the right things for the forum. There are probably a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration about where any funding goes and in all honesty I personally wouldn't feel the need to be grilling him over where every penny goes like some end of year accountant... xD

As far as I am aware no-one as donated 20K he is going to run off with anytime soon so I think we are in safe hands... 

The second part was only a wum - I agree with you xD

10 hours ago, Rab said:

A few people mentioned getting some sort of tracker up and running which is now live and functional.

On the homepage of the forum in the sidebar is the new donation goal. When you donate via this it'll automatically update the goal so that everyone can see where we're in real time.

@Asura

Seen that yesterday, thanks for that mate. Its easy to know how short are we on the target. Hopefully it will only motivate more people to donate if they can.

10 hours ago, Rab said:

@Asura

Seen that yesterday, thanks for that mate. Its easy to know how short are we on the target. Hopefully it will only motivate more people to donate if they can.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Chazz was an absolute bellend though and went totally quiet/in the dark.

At least we have trust in @Rab to lead this forum where it needs to be and can be, especially with the technical side/background stuff as mentioned above, and he's known by many on the forum; no-one ever really knew who Chazz was. 

Even though I was part of TFF from 2011-12 times I dont have the complete idea about what happened with Chazz. But I agree with you on how Rab runs this place. Im happy to donate a tiny bit every year for all the good information I get here and also the discussions we have with all the fantastic members on board. 

Just one more suggestion, if you guys can limit @SirBalon posts to 140 characters (just like twitter) or a maybe little more than that, I think everyone would be more happier.  Or just let him make only one long post per week and the rest of his replies should be simple just like how other normal members post. 

• Administrator

Just rounded the target off with a donation. 

Thank you to everyone else who has donated so far. It really is appreciated! 

Feel free to make a donation if you wish despite the target being reached this year. Everything will go towards TF365 which everyone has helped make a great place to be part of! 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived