The better place to talk football.

talkfootball365 - The future of this forum

football forum

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

about time you contributed something to the forum tbh

Never got around to doing it to be honest and have been in and I only just realised the forum was in need... Sounds ridiculous but true. I'll make it as habitual as possible from now on. :$

Also chucked in a tenner. I spend a lot more time here than my post count would indicate, and it's a small price to pay for some of the content posted on here.

Has anyone looked into Amazon affiliate links? I'm not sure exactly how they work, but I gather you get a percentage of the money spent if someone shops at Amazon via your link. It probably wouldn't raise a lot of money unless @SirBalon starts buying his £1,000 jeans there, but I for one shop there all the time and it would be no extra effort to swing by this place on the way.

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Also chucked in a tenner. I spend a lot more time here than my post count would indicate, and it's a small price to pay for some of the content posted on here.

Has anyone looked into Amazon affiliate links? I'm not sure exactly how they work, but I gather you get a percentage of the money spent if someone shops at Amazon via your link. It probably wouldn't raise a lot of money unless @SirBalon starts buying his £1,000 jeans from Amazon, but I for one shop there all the time and it would be no extra effort to swing by this place on the way.

Thanks mate, very much appreciated 

14 hours ago, Blue said:

I will give one bit of criticism and it's really only being said to help with future donations. It's fair to say not everyone of the highest posting members will always be here.

ive been meaning to say this a while back but the SEO is still crap. If you search football forums on google this doesn't come up. TFF was the first thing that came up. It takes time I'm aware but with the lack of new members at all, it needs to be said.

Fucks sake @Rab. If only you’d thought of this earlier!!!!

27 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I apologize funds are tight right now and I feel like an ass for that but i threw a few dollars in the pot.

It doesn’t matter how much you’ve given mate. What matters is that you care enough to have given what you can right now and I genuinely mean that Dickie! ;)

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I apologize funds are tight right now and I feel like an ass for that but i threw a few dollars in the pot.

no need to feel like an ass at all! 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Everything and anything is appreciated and whatever anyone can afford is as valuable as the next person. Thank you all very much and always remember that the forum belongs to all of us! 

Cheers mate, I was only half kidding though conversion rate is slightly better then it ever used to be I think it was around £6. Ill toss more in when I can, Christmas is the broke time of year:D

Just a curious Q, how much is the cost to host this place per year? If we can get an actual $ amount may be that motivates the users to donate more based on how much more we need for that particular year. Like for example if we know it costs $100 per year and we have $60 in donations already then we are $40 short and users might chip in to fill that $40 rather than you guys making a thread and asking for it every year. Not sure if that works but just a thought.

EDIT: I meant to say there should be a place where the remainaing balance should be visible to users ($40 in the above example) so it constantly reminds every user to do their part (if they can)

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, Asura said:

Couldnt donate $50 like Batard said/asked/suggested but went with a $28 which is 20 pounds, thanks for all the efforts mods, I love this place and hope to spend more time here like I used to before. 

Appreciated, but please know I wasn’t suggesting people pay 50 each, more so if they 10 people paid 5 each we’d be closer to covering our costs. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I will donate something next week, I don't have a PayPal account though, is there any other way of donating?

You don’t need a PayPal account fella, it will let you pay as a guest 

51 minutes ago, Asura said:

Just a curious Q, how much is the cost to host this place per year? If we can get an actual $ amount may be that motivates the users to donate more based on how much more we need for that particular year. Like for example if we know it costs $100 per year and we have $60 in donations already then we are $40 short and users might chip in to fill that $40 rather than you guys making a thread and asking for it every year. Not sure if that works but just a thought.

EDIT: I meant to say there should be a place where the remainaing balance should be visible to users ($40 in the above example) so it constantly reminds every user to do their part (if they can)

Every 6 months we need to pay £180 towards towards the running costs, there will be a domain renewal in there now and again which won't be more than £10. Other costs can vary such as the SSL certificate (£48) and plugins we might need to buy to give the forum a better user experience.

In the last 24 hours we've raised £200 which has absolutely smashed everything we could have asked for and more, so our hosting and license costs are covered for the renewal at the end of Feb/start of march. Any additional money we have I usually put towards advertising to try and get more people in. As technically the more people we have on the forum, the more money the ads will make requiring less importance on the donations.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Rab said:

Every 6 months we need to pay £180 towards towards the running costs, there will be a domain renewal in there now and again which won't be more than £10. Other costs can vary such as the SSL certificate (£48) and plugins we might need to buy to give the forum a better user experience.

In the last 24 hours we've raised £200 which has absolutely smashed everything we could have asked for and more, so our hosting and license costs are covered for the renewal at the end of Feb/start of march. Any additional money we have I usually put towards advertising to try and get more people in. As technically the more people we have on the forum, the more money the ads will make requiring less importance on the donations.

Image result for well done everyone gif

As long as guys don't go down the route of writing scripts that detect ad-blockers and create pop-ups asking to be 'whitelisted' then I'm okay. Because you bet your arse that I'll install uMatrix and I'll be blocking that script ASAP. 

I really don't care if people use ad blockers. It's your choice on who you want to help out or not. I personally have ads blocked on a lot of sites although I'll unblock them on sites that I like.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived