• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

talkfootball365 - The future of this forum

football forum

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Batard said:

Appreciated, but please know I wasn’t suggesting people pay 50 each, more so if they 10 people paid 5 each we’d be closer to covering our costs. 

sorry about that I read it as 50 instead of 5, I read this thread after I woke up hungover on a saturday morning so clearly I can be forgiven xD

4 hours ago, Rab said:

Every 6 months we need to pay £180 towards towards the running costs, there will be a domain renewal in there now and again which won't be more than £10. Other costs can vary such as the SSL certificate (£48) and plugins we might need to buy to give the forum a better user experience.

In the last 24 hours we've raised £200 which has absolutely smashed everything we could have asked for and more, so our hosting and license costs are covered for the renewal at the end of Feb/start of march. Any additional money we have I usually put towards advertising to try and get more people in. As technically the more people we have on the forum, the more money the ads will make requiring less importance on the donations.

I think you should display the (XX) amount needed by (Date) at the home page, not sure if this helps but I have a feeling that number would motivate more people to chip in.

Good luck and thanks for your efforts

• Administrator
Just now, Harry said:

I will donate no issues. I'd be keen to know what contribution could lead to a sustainable ongoing upkeep of the site. £20 each from 30 members?

donations like that would be superb but we don't want to put prices on people's heads, so to speak.

@Asura's idea about a target would be preferable as opposed to advising how much each individual should donate. If anyone wants to donate £1 to the site they're more than welcome to and even if 30 members did that, that'd be a great help as well.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Anton said:

Will donate in the new year. Currently sitting at Bangkok airport trembling from alcohol intake. 

the best time to donate! £20 turns in to £200 with those trembles :D 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well, i've listened to what the other members have had to say and this is where i am  ..i think it's a great idea, i will offer you £10 for a 25% share of the donations or 2 days on Rabs Caribbean cruise

2mnf71j.jpg

just means there's lots of Irn Bru on tap.

On 31/12/2017 at 8:17 PM, Stan said:

donations like that would be superb but we don't want to put prices on people's heads, so to speak.

@Asura's idea about a target would be preferable as opposed to advising how much each individual should donate. If anyone wants to donate £1 to the site they're more than welcome to and even if 30 members did that, that'd be a great help as well.

I get that and that target thing of Asuras might be what i mean. 

I suppose i'd ideally like my contribution to be informed by some data. I.e what's my fair share to pay if I'm looking to help the site be cashflow neutral. Like splitting a bill  at a restaurant with a big group of mates where I'll happily put in a bit more than my fair share to ensure the last guy at the table doesn't wind up paying a huge gap on his own but at the same time not fully subsidising a mate who decides he'd rather not pay anything at all for his meal.

Together with tsubasa we ran the old TFF Bundesliga part - now he has it here.  I have met and made many good friends through this activity and my donation is made to try and keep this one alive.  I urge the BL fans to help out - there is no other respectful site like this where we can say what we think and feel and not have to put up with hassle and abuse - long may you keep it like this!

Tschuss

4 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Which organ? :ph34r:

I would have donated my balls but there's no taking them away from the missus.

Therefore you can gladly have my liver. Hopefully this will allow @Any O'Brien the chance to carry on his mod duties for the foreseeable future.

All this support is amazing.

We're completely covered for our next round of costs. It's £360 (£180 every 6 months) for the year and we've raised £250 so far which is unbelievable.

Thanks all. Hopefully the forum is living up to expectations after the last few years of garbage.

I discovered today that when you type "world cup 2018 forum" into Google, we're on the front page, which isn't massive news although it should potentially bring in a few new faces.

• Administrator

£250.

That is sensational.

Thank you everyone who has donated! Not even been a year but it feels like we've been around for several. Great place to be and great forum to be part of. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived