• Portsmouth (League One)
    • Bristol Rovers (League One)
    • Plymouth Argyle (League One)
    • Bromley (Non League Premier)
    • Blyth Spartans (Non League North)
    • York City (Non League North)
    • Boston United (Non League North)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/02/18 at 04:59

So - I have for years watched Serie A, Bundesliga, Russian Premier League, and the MLS, however, there have never been an English team that I have been able to 'get behind'. There are a few teams that I like, but truthfully, non are ones I've put above others, and I have no history with any of them to be able to just choose said team.

So I figured this would be fun, but I have listed by favorite English teams, and I'll let you choose which one I should watch/listen to above all others. Full Commitment to the team that wins this.

Poll Closes at the end of January 2018.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

also, on a serious note, if you're going to choose someone to follow, it has to come from you. it has to come from your heart and your own feelings. whilst I can understand why you're asking us, there must be something from one of those clubs reaching out to you which pips them further against the others. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

also, on a serious note, if you're going to choose someone to follow, it has to come from you. it has to come from your heart and your own feelings. whilst I can understand why you're asking us, there must be something from one of those clubs reaching out to you which pips them further against the others. 

Ah, because have a rooting side makes it more interesting. In terms of this sport, my heart belong to Atlanta United, and then Inter/Spartak in Europe.

All these teams are ones that I enjoy watching, but this is meant to be more a  fun thing to discuss...Nothing too serious.

In all reality, if Blyth wins, that would probably work out the best for me anyways.

2 minutes ago, DNA said:

How on earth are you going to be able to "get behind" a non-league/lower division club with little to no televised games?, when you are following from the USA

Well I listen to as many Blyth games as possible. Each team has a radio broadcast you can listen to, which is actually helpful when the games are going on here during working hours.

Just now, Eco said:

Well I listen to as many Blyth games as possible. Each team has a radio broadcast you can listen to, which is actually helpful when the games are going on here during working hours.

Whatever floats your boat, but since you are not 'attached' to any of these clubs then at least go for a side in which you'll be able to stream and enjoy watching.

I voted Newcastle because you are going to struggle to be able to emotionally follow the others if you can't see the games.

Football is all about the emotional experience throughout the game. You can always follow the results of some of the others. But you can probably only truly throw yourself into Newcastle and maybe just about Fulham.

Voted for York but if I could I’d have voted for all four non-League sides. 

Most have forums you can keep up to date with the action and many clubs now have their games recorded and have highlight packages put together from there, so it’s not a complete black-out of footage, as some suggest above. 

You’ll learn geography of places you’ve never heard of, find out about County Cups and the ridiculously high turnover of players at non-League level.

You’ll also be able to contribute more, if you wish to, as getting involved and sponsoring players, matches etc will be very cheap in comparison to say Newcastle and Fulham and you’ll know that any money you spend on Bromley/Blyth/York/Boston will actually go to good use rather than just sit in a billionaires bank account. 

If you did ever make it to a game, no doubt you’d be treated like a King, but you’d also not have to worry about tickets or having to take out a mortgage to have a pint, a burger and buy a programme. 

On 12/31/2017 at 5:02 AM, Smiley Culture said:

Voted for York but if I could I’d have voted for all four non-League sides. 

Most have forums you can keep up to date with the action and many clubs now have their games recorded and have highlight packages put together from there, so it’s not a complete black-out of footage, as some suggest above. 

You’ll learn geography of places you’ve never heard of, find out about County Cups and the ridiculously high turnover of players at non-League level.

You’ll also be able to contribute more, if you wish to, as getting involved and sponsoring players, matches etc will be very cheap in comparison to say Newcastle and Fulham and you’ll know that any money you spend on Bromley/Blyth/York/Boston will actually go to good use rather than just sit in a billionaires bank account. 

If you did ever make it to a game, no doubt you’d be treated like a King, but you’d also not have to worry about tickets or having to take out a mortgage to have a pint, a burger and buy a programme. 

Kind of my philosophy. I can get by with listening to a team and then watching replays when available. I like the community of lower league football, and love the intimacy of it all.

Archived