talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 1-4th January, 2018

football forum

2015 changed Matic as a player, use to be immense and one of my favourites but now he’s a shadow of what he was. One of my pet hates in football is passivity and he just trots around the pitch in his shitty short shirt and gloves. This guy use to be everywhere on the pitch but now he’s lost that intensity from his game. Will never forget that performance he put in for us against Arsenal in the FA Cup final last year, dreadful.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

2015 changed Matic as a player, use to be immense and one of my favourites but now he’s a shadow of what he was. One of my pet hates in football is passivity and he just trots around the pitch in his shitty short shirt and gloves. This guy use to be everywhere on the pitch but now he’s lost that intensity from his game. Will never forget that performance he put in for us against Arsenal in the FA Cup final last year, dreadful.

Happened after what's his face nearly took his leg off. 

Hasn't been the same since 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Pogba running the show tonight.

Looks like being under Kante's shadow and seeing him win the best French footballer of the Year  has finally upped his game. Good on him. 

They are giving him so much space it’s criminal. 

All that money spent in the summer and I don’t think I’ve ever seen Everton this far behind the top clubs. 

Fat Sam having a laugh and a joke on the touch line with a United player whilst his team are getting dicked sums up their situation really.  

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Hazard - 2 Assists - 5 Goals
Martial - 3 Assists - 7 Goals
Lingard - 4 Assists - 7 Goals

Mahrez - 8 assists, 8 goals. 

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I miss the days when people would actually discuss the games that were taking place rather than using it as a platform to spout shite about ''Team A'' and in the process wank off ''Team B''. There's nothing worth actually reading and debating in here at the moment, just a load of spew.

Well set an example by stopping posting things like ‘always the victims’ then? 

2 minutes ago, DNA said:

Everton's heirarchy must have really thought relegation was a possibility to push the panic button with an appointment like Allardyce.

Could possibly one of the most damaging appointments of all time for Everton. It's a crucial juncture for Everton, they've chosen a bad path I think.

• Subscriber

We're fucking abysmal and we need to stop underestimating how much work is needed in this squad. Massive issues all over the pitch apart from the goalkeeper.

Full backs, Kenny looks like he could be our right back but is only a teenager for now. Goodness knows how good Coleman might or might not be when he recovers. Martina isn't good enough on either side and while he has improved his one on one defending he is absolutely clueless on the ball and it damages our shape. Baines isn't all that anymore either and Holgate needs to stay at centre back.

Jagielka and Williams are old, Keane is running out of chances and has played well once against Chelsea since his honeymoon period. Funes Mori forgotten because he's no better than the rest of them. Holgate looks a good option here but again he's a kid.

Midfield. Pogba was running riot today because without Gueye in midfield there's less than no pace in there. McCarthy is unreliable, Besic not good enough, Rooney out of position when he plays deep, Baningime a kid, Davies a kid. Schneiderlin is too slow for a midfield like ours which is constantly on the back foot and I wouldn't be upset if he moved on as much as I think he's a decent player in many ways. Then in front of them we're still shifting Sigurdsson out wide which sort of works but isn't getting the best out of him. Klaassen isn't getting a look in which is a shame but we don't have time to let him find his feet because we don't have any comfortable games.

Wingers we have loads of. Lennon, Vlasic, Lookman don't do anything. Bolasie might be decent when he's fully fit but even before his injury he was no star player. Mirallas is obviously getting fucked off. No creativity.

Up front I like Niasse and Calvert-Lewin but they aren't good enough to score goals out of nothing and I don't see what Cenk Tosun can do about that on his own. Sandro not getting a look in either, he's probably off too and will make us look stupid when he's a success somewhere else as will Klaassen.

If we could get Nzonzi and Cresswell in this week too I might be more optimistic but we need almost an entire new team and January isn't the time to do that. On the positive side we've finally made it through the most horrible half season I can remember as a fan to get to the transfer window but it's a long rebuilding process for us from here.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

World class though if you asked everyone at the end of August.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived