• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 1-4th January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Team made it harder than it should have been as usual but a win is good considering how they were doing at the same stage last season. Nice to see Mane get back on the scoring sheet again and a defender came to our rescue in the dying minutes of the game too lovely stuff. I watched their goal again and while its easy to criticize Gomez for not tracking the runner hes still learning and the gamble did pay off. Think Lallana just needs more game time and I think he'll be back to his old ways again. 

16 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

All that money spent in the summer and I don’t think I’ve ever seen Everton this far behind the top clubs. 

Fucking what?!?!xDxD

We've stayed up on the final day twice in the PL era and you think this is the furthest we've been?! 

Can't believe the clamour people had for Michael Keane in the summer, me included. Talk of him being good enough for the better teams in the division hahaha. He's a bumbling Manc mess. 

The only player we have worth having around and currently playing is Pickford who will be snapped up sharpish. 

• Administrator
Just now, HK85 said:

Can't believe the clamour people had for Michael Keane in the summer, me included. Talk of him being good enough for the better teams in the division hahaha. He's a bumbling Manc mess. 

The only player we have worth having around and currently playing is Pickford who will be snapped up sharpish. 

Glad we got Maguire instead of Keane.

We had Keane on loan a few seasons ago and he seemed capable for his age at the time. When you got him we'd been wanting him for a couple of years but Burnley stood firm in rejecting bids as I don't think we ever got to the £30m (?) they eventually got. 

Seems to have gone backwards a bit now though.

7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Yep, as I thought, more nonsense from the boy Mad. 

Well maybe I’m missing something and your squad is full of stars that are just being mis-managed? 

Evertons best player is a pensioner that has just been dumped out of the England squad. You don’t have a single player that would get anywhere near the top six’s teams so yeah, you are as far away from the top six that I can remember. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Evertons best player is a pensioner that has just been dumped out of the England squad. You don’t have a single player that would get anywhere near the top six’s teams so yeah, you are as far away from the top six that I can remember. 

In a shocking turn of events, it's seems as if you're wrong again.

You're about 40 odd years of age you old fart, have you forgotten the 90's completely or did you only take an interest in the football after Istanbul (would excuse the drastic post of thinking one of Liverpool's and English football's most iconic figures won a competition he didn't)? 

If you want, I'm willing to PM some 90's Everton history to you. No one is too old for an education. 

8 minutes ago, HK85 said:

In a shocking turn of events, it's seems as if you're wrong again.

You're about 40 odd years of age you old fart, have you forgotten the 90's completely or did you only take an interest in the football after Istanbul (would excuse the drastic post of thinking one of Liverpool's and English football's most iconic figures won a competition he didn't)? 

If you want, I'm willing to PM some 90's Everton history to you. No one is too old for an education. 

WOW xD

@HK85 In the 90’s you had players like Slavan Bilic, Duncan Ferguson, Neville Southall, David Unsworth, Nick Barmby, Terry Phelan, Gary Speed, Peter Beagrie, Peter Beardsley, Andrea Konchelskis, Vinny Samways, Garry Abblet and Tony Cottee... I could go on. 

The 90’s was also the last decade you actually won something. 

You are miles away now mate, miles away. 

34 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

@HK85 In the 90’s you had players like Slavan Bilic, Duncan Ferguson, Neville Southall, David Unsworth, Nick Barmby, Terry Phelan, Gary Speed, Peter Beagrie, Peter Beardsley, Andrea Konchelskis, Vinny Samways, Garry Abblet and Tony Cottee... I could go on. 

You could have picked better players than that xDxDxD

Terry Phelan ffs, he was absolutely shite! Bilic played 26 games for us in two years then got released! SamwaysxDxD You've butchered the best players name on that list as well. Beagrie was average, Unsworth limited hence the one England cap. Honestly fella, please don't go on for crying out loud. 

Oh no I agree, we are some distance away but you're off your head on something if you think this is the furthest we've been. We finished the 97/98 season in 17th by 5 goals. And this is the furthest hahahahahaha. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

A lot of those players were bang average when they played for us.

It's become rather embarrassing how much of a stiffy people still have over us struggling months after people realised what a poor team we are.

I'm not saying we've been any good over the years but this is the first time that people can really have a pop at us and it actually be justified because this time we've actually spent enough to be doing a lot better and by Christ isn't it noticeable from some people.

However it's also worth noting that our net spend of something like £40m in the summer is insignificant. That's considered an absolute war chest for us yet Liverpool for example are dumping £40m on Chamberlain a squad player, £65m or something on Keita, £75m on Van Dijk and yet people go on as if we've done a City/Chelsea style spending spree?

I'm not defending the poor business we've done but the way people are still sticking the knife into a club that know they've been shit for about 4 months and whose fans are barely even arsed about sticking up for them anymore is completely embarrassing and I'm not just talking about you. Every match day thread on here it's the same insightful and imaginative "Everton are shite", "Allardyce is shite" comments the second we concede a goal or try and defend against clubs that have vastly superior players to us. It's even worse on other forums and Twitter etc, it's just totally boring.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's become rather embarrassing how much of a stiffy people still have over us struggling months after people realised what a poor team we are.

I'm not saying we've been any good over the years but this is the first time that people can really have a pop at us and it actually be justified because this time we've actually spent enough to be doing a lot better and by Christ isn't it noticeable from some people.

However it's also worth noting that our net spend of something like £40m in the summer is insignificant. That's considered an absolute war chest for us yet Liverpool for example are dumping £40m on Chamberlain a squad player, £65m or something on Keita, £75m on Van Dijk and yet people go on as if we've done a City/Chelsea style spending spree?

I'm not defending the poor business we've done but the way people are still sticking the knife into a club that know they've been shit for about 4 months and whose fans are barely even arsed about sticking up for them anymore is completely embarrassing and I'm not just talking about you. Every match day thread on here it's the same insightful and imaginative "Everton are shite", "Allardyce is shite" comments the second we concede a goal or try and defend against clubs that have vastly superior players to us. It's even worse on other forums and Twitter etc, it's just totally boring.

Point taken! 

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Our net spend, now including the Costa deal, is only 15 million. 

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Our net spend, now including the Costa deal, is only 15 million. 

Your net spend on a side that was already good enough to win the title last season so not exactly applicable. If this is in response to the City/Chelsea spending spree comment I wasn't referring to this year, I was referring to what City and Chelsea did when they got a new owner like we have.

Can I add a comment from the outside looking in? The game against Man U showed an Everton attitude that I have not seen for a while - probably Big Sam's influence.  Young Davies looked a class player - probably not 100% PL fit, but he gave Sam the sort of performance he must have loved from a young guy.  All you are short of is a number 9 - someone to convert the chances and you will be nearly there.  Don't let the opposition supporters get to you!  The team is not sh.... neither is Big Sam.  The league position is good enough for him to build something better given time.  The Musical chairs going on with Managers at the moment in the UK is daft so be patient.  My lot is second the moment and we start again with Leipzig and the Munchkins - no chance of still being second after that, but after last year's disaster even the Dortmund fans are not upsetting us! Keep the faith (and dare I say it - the love)  There's a great 1930's song - pull it up on You Tube - "The Clouds Will Soon Roll By"!

Think for tomorrow the 3-4-3 didn't work against Arsenal (it didn't in any of the previous games under Conte apart from one), we should go for 3-5-2 but knowing Cesc always disappoints against Arsenal we should keep the standard formation. With a three man midfield of Drinkwater, Kante and Bakaoyko our midfield would have no creativity and Hazard is piss for some time now no matter what people say. He hasn't scored since the start of December and he barely ever finishes the 90 minutes for 200k per week. But yeah sure our best player at failed back heel passes. 

• Administrator

Sterling gets a goal for Man City within a minute against Watford. Looks like they'll score the goals that they couldn't do against Palace. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived