talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Stoke City Manager Sackathon

football forum

6 hours ago, Batard said:

Agree with that. But maybe in the summer when they’ve achieved safety. 

I don't believe it'd be until summer, there was chatter that Lambert might come in to keep them up but.... ya know might as well keep Hughes at that point.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter who they get they wont do any worse than Hughes was doing, they've got a decent squad on paper and shouldn't be going down. QSF would be a decent if unspectacular appointment, did a job at Watford.

• The title was changed to Paul Lambert Tipped To Take Over From Mark Hughes at Stoke
  • The title was changed to Paul Lambert Announced as Mark Hughes' Replacement at Stoke

Jesus fucking christ down we fucking go. Literally we got rejected by 3 managers and the board thinks we're fucking mugs and are like "This was our number 1 from the start". Absolute shit appointment, we're going down and fucking serves us right. Lambert ffs might as well just kept Hughes at that point or let Adam take the position christ on a bike.... Coates you're a fucking senile twat.

On 08/01/2018 at 14:03, Lucas said:

If I was Gary Rowett, I wouldn't go to Stoke.

He's doing so well with Derby at the moment. He's built a solid base and got Vydra firing again. Currently, they have a great chance of going up. Why ruin that? I could understand it if we were talking about an Everton, West Ham or someone like that. But Stoke City?

Not a wind up but in my opinion, Derby are a bigger club than Stoke. He should totally stick where he is.

Best Young manager in the league and a Villa fan. 

9 hours ago, Danny said:

I always thought he done a decent job at Villa in his first season or so, good entertaining football. 

giphy.gifWe literally lost 8-0 against Chelsea (our worst ever result in top flight football) , then 4-0 against Spurs & 3-0 against Wigan at home within just 7 days during his first season. I’ve not been to a game since I walked out at 55mins of the Wigan game. 

An absolute feckless cunt of a manager.

Easily a contender for idiotic comment of the year this.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Best Young manager in the league and a Villa fan. 

giphy.gifWe literally lost 8-0 against Chelsea (our worst ever result in top flight football) , then 4-0 against Spurs & 3-0 against Wigan at home within just 7 days during his first season. I’ve not been to a game since I walked out at 55mins of the Wigan game. 

An absolute feckless cunt of a manager.

Easily a contender for idiotic comment of the year this.

One of the seasons I can't remember which..😂

38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

This.... exactly.

On January 16, 2018 at 06:33, The Palace Fan said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that this may work short term. He's shown himself previously to be a steady pair of hands that can adapt and change to a clubs needs. 

I would be 100 percent okay with a short term deal but they signed him for 2.5 years.... and Coates is cheap and doesn't like cutting ties with managers because then he has to pay them, that's why he didn't want to get rid of Hughes.

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Well, a few weeks in and Stoke are still shite. What are you initial thoughts on Lambert @Dickie?

It's Lambert i'm not even remotely surprised. I stopped posting on the facebook stoke has because it amazes me how many lapdogs there are that think he's the solution and we just haven't given him enough time. The guy is a mid level championship manager simple as that. We screwed up because we didn't offer to O'neill/Keane in the first place 

• The title was changed to Paul Lambert Hired as Stoke Manager
  • 4 weeks later...

@Dickie won't be happy:

Stoke have no plans to sack manager Paul Lambert, even if the club are relegated from the Premier League, chairman Peter Coates has told Sky Sports News.

The Potters currently sit in 19th spot on 29 points, four adrift of 17th-placed Swansea with three matches remaining.

Lambert has won just one of his 13 league matches since taking charge at the bet365 Stadium in January, but Coates believes there has been an improvement in the team's performances and organisation.

Archived