• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Worst Individual Performances Ever

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

There's eleven blokes on a Football team, picking one out to have a pop at is stupid.

What a bizarre thing to say. We can praise a player, we can say things like 'Gerrard lifted Liverpool up', but when it comes to poking a little fun at bad performances it's not on? I suppose with that logic, Winston Bogarde wasn't a bad player at Chelsea, the team were just bad and it's the team's fault he sat on his arse for years and collected his pay packets.

54 minutes ago, Spike said:

What a bizarre thing to say. We can praise a player, we can say things like 'Gerrard lifted Liverpool up', but when it comes to poking a little fun at bad performances it's not on? I suppose with that logic, Winston Bogarde wasn't a bad player at Chelsea, the team were just bad and it's the team's fault he sat on his arse for years and collected his pay packets.

Digging someone out for a bad day is pretty shitty, considering two of the three mentioned are amongst the best players in Europe.

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Digging someone out for a bad day is pretty shitty, considering two of the three mentioned are amongst the best players in Europe.

How in any world is this a dig towards the players? Nobody has even insulted any player in this thread, FFS. They have bad games, it happens and we are allowed to remember and discuss that fact. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

“Worst...Ever” isn’t an insult, no?

What if it's a fact? Sorry to Johny Walters if your particularly egregious performance against Chelsea isn't considered a hallmark of sporting excellence. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Hey, you're arguing with a negative person trying to be positive but still coming out as negative.

The worst individual performance I've seen up to now was probably German Alemanno vs Ayacucho.

In defence, Alexi Gomez vs Atletico Paranaense was also dreadful.

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

The worst individual performance I've seen up to now was probably German Alemanno vs Ayacucho.

In defence, Alexi Gomez vs Atletico Paranaense was also dreadful.

no one cares about your Llama league :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The sad thing is he was a talented player that was ruined by injuries and that dreadful red card. It set the tone for his career and I don't think it ever fully recovered.

Ali Dia for Southampton against us.

Came on for Matt Le Tissier in the 32nd minute and was then subbed just before the hour. 32mins on the pitch in which he wandered around aimlessly and gave the ball away constantly.

Never played another minute at that level again.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ali Dia for Southampton against us.

Came on for Matt Le Tissier in the 32nd minute and was then subbed just before the hour. 32mins on the pitch in which he wandered around aimlessly and gave the ball away constantly.

Never played another minute at that level again.

Wasn't he the fella that 'claimed' to be Weah's cousin?

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

There's eleven blokes on a Football team, picking one out to have a pop at is stupid.

You’ve never gone and watched Jose Bosingwa play. Awful. 

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Wasn't he the fella that 'claimed' to be Weah's cousin?

Yeah that's right. Completely mugged off Graeme Souness and Southampton. It's actually hilarious how easy it worked out.

Archived