talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham Ban Fan Who Abused Jake Livermore About His Son

• Administrator

sick as fuck if you're gonna shout abuse at a player who's child died as a baby. Can't exactly claim you 'didn't know' about it otherwise you wouldn't have said anything at all.

Hope West Ham take the right action which in my eyes would be banning for life. No place for it let alone in the stands at a football ground.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pretty fucking outrageous if he did say that shit about his son. If I’d been in Livermore’s shoes I’d have knocked him out. You don’t ever cross the line of mocking or hurling vitriol at someone over the loss of the infant.  

Unfortunately, this kind of behaviour is a sign of today's society. Not being funny but any of the West Ham fans around the bloke accused of abusing Livermore should have been given up to the stewards but everyone tends to keep quiet when they hear these sorts of things. 

Billy Sharp has had it for years across social media and at games, poor bloke. Ban them for life and publically name and shame them too.

Make them feel genuine remorse for what they say.

I'll never understand this. It isn't funny, nor is it clever, or even about his ability or lack thereof on the pitch! I don't mind a joke about a dead baby, but this isn't a joke and it's about someone's baby not some hypothetical make-believe baby.

• The title was changed to West Ham Ban Fan Who Abused Jake Livermore About His Son
  • Administrator

fan ban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42667472

West Ham have issued an "indefinite" ban to a fan who was confronted by West Brom's Jake Livermore after reportedly commenting about the death of his infant son.

The Hammers said the man "violated a number of ground regulations" during their 2-1 win against the Baggies at London Stadium on 2 January.

Livermore, 28, avoided Football Association disciplinary action.

"Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated," said a West Ham spokesman.

England midfielder Livermore was reminded of his responsibilities by the FA after the incident, which happened as he was being substituted.

It is thought that related to ensuring his safety and that of other fans by not going into a crowd.

Livermore and his partner lost their newborn son Jake Jr in May 2014.

West Brom offered their "total support" to the former Tottenham and Hull City player and sent their observations to the FA.

The supporter was spoken to by London Stadium staff and removed from the ground following the incident.

West Ham officials spoke to fans who were sat nearby and considered evidence from Livermore and West Brom.

"The individual will be unable to attend home or away matches with immediate effect," the Hammers spokesman added.

Archived