talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Steve McClaren sacked by Derby again.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Their demise is as predictable as Arsenal's is each season. They start seasons well then fizzle out around February time. Think this season it happened a bit earlier though.

They need some stability, desperately, if they're going to eventually get out of the Championship. It's a tough league as it is let alone having it disrupted by having the manager sacked halfway through. And even worse  if you're sacking more than 1 manager in a season.

• Subscriber

I'm convinced the players are the problem. They're the only ones who are surviving year in, year out and it ends up going the same way every single season.

Could see why at the time as they were awful early doors but they got rid of the one who'd have rebuilt that squad, and I do think it probably needs it.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Definitely won't be Chris Powell as he's left the club too.

Fucking get him back right now @LCFC 

Apparently Idiakez left along with Pearson. I'd get him and Phillips back too if possible.

• Administrator

Idiakez went to Derby and made his name at Derby. I wonder if he'll stay as somewhere to settle. Although if someone new comes in and doesn't want him, I'd happily take him back as well. 

• Subscriber

Idiakez has left Derby, he went when Pearson did. Surprised me too. He was absolutely raved about as a youth coach for us. Leicester being Leicester let him walk.

• Subscriber

Here's a stat. Forest v Derby this weekend will be the 5th time in a row that both clubs have a different manager from the last game going into a fixture between the two.

Sums them both up xD

I have to say Derby are painting themselves as a club who have no idea what they are doing.

I saw Gary Rowett being asked a few weeks ago on who he felt would be in the top 6 come the end of the season. His last pick, Derby County.

He said, its not because he lives in the town and is surrounded by Derby fans 9_9

Yeah, Today's news of Derby and Rowett talking is no suprize at all!

• Subscriber

To be fair Rowett does have connections to them, he played over 100 games for them. He's bound to have some kind of bias to them I think.

I think in managerial terms he'd actually be a better bet for Norwich than them but I expect him to end up at Derby, and it could hit his reputation.

Got to feel sorry for Derby fans as they've been a joke over the last few years, something wrong at the top of the club because you can't keep hiring managers like Clement, Pearson & McClaren and go and sack them straight away.

I remember the shit we got but that was largely due to one mistake and a lot of people not knowing what they were talking about, but it just seems to be time after time at Derby.

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Danny said:

Got to feel sorry for Derby fans as they've been a joke over the last few years, something wrong at the top of the club because you can't keep hiring managers like Clement, Pearson & McClaren and go and sack them straight away.

I remember the shit we got but that was largely due to one mistake and a lot of people not knowing what they were talking about, but it just seems to be time after time at Derby.

People knew what they were talking about, doesn't mean they didn't, and personally I still do, think it was an awful decision to go down that route.

Derby spend huge money each year, no real sympathy with them.

21 hours ago, Storts said:

People knew what they were talking about, doesn't mean they didn't, and personally I still do, think it was an awful decision to go down that route.

Derby spend huge money each year, no real sympathy with them.

Disagree and I think his dismissal at Rangers is a continuation of his behaviour. We've got a young squad worth money that can grow and compete, we wouldn't be the side we were with him due to financial constraints, plus his transfer policy was too narrow.

Archived