talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves Outbid Real Madrid for Valencia's Rafa Mir

football forum

• Administrator

not got the link but Real Madrid put a bid in that was originally rejected and then Wolves came along and Valencia accepted. 

He's now joined the club and no doubt Nuno Espirito (Wolves manager) had a big say in his move. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Real Madrid only offered €500k whereas Wolverhampton Wanderers forked out €2m for the kid. Rafa Mir has actually selected well because he would’ve gone from the third division in Spain to the second without any chance of playing for promotion and the likelihood of being promoted to Real Madrid’s first team very unlikely. His move to Wolves is intelligent because he goes into The Championship with anything and everything being a possibility.

People have been talking a lot of good things about him.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, Real Madrid only offered €500k whereas Wolverhampton Wanderers forked out €2m for the kid. Rafa Mir has actually selected well because he would’ve gone from the third division in Spain to the second without any chance of playing for promotion and the likelihood of being promoted to Real Madrid’s first team very unlikely. His move to Wolves is intelligent because he goes into The Championship with anything and everything being a possibility.

People have been talking a lot of good things about him.

i've not seem him play much (or don't recall doing so). What are his best attributes/qualities?

Wolves are destined for the Premier League - is he good enough for that?

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

i've not seem him play much (or don't recall doing so). What are his best attributes/qualities?

Wolves are destined for the Premier League - is he good enough for that?

Well he’s s goal scorer mate.  I haven’t seen to much of him but I do remember back when he was a Real Murcia cadet that he’d been selected as one of the most promising youngsters at one of the summer international tournaments in Spain.  He’s been at Valencia Mestalla (that’s Valencia’s ‘B’ team) for a while and he has made headlines while playing in Spain’s third division which is where they are this season after being relegated a few years back. Apart from the odd video that is released when he does something good, I haven’t seen too much of him either mate.  What I have heard is that he is a big game player in terms of always showing up in the important games... In other words he can take pressure and coupled with actually being talented, it’s no wonder top teams have been scouting him.  His move to Wolves is very intelligent and something you rarely see these days from young talents when a club like Real Madrid come in for you...  He is obviously being well advised by whoever is his agent.

2 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

The title sounded epic until you rained on the parade with those fees.

Hahaha... Well Asensio was signed from Real Mallorca while in Spain’s third division for just under €1m and look at Asensio’s status now! 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha... Well Asensio was signed from Real Mallorca while in Spain’s third division for just under €1m and look at Asensio’s status now! 

this is who I thought of reading your other post before reading this one. I'm surprised Real didn't just outbid Wolves given the amounts talked about are very low and the potential reward could be high (i.e. Asensio now)

For all the criticism Wolves are getting for 'buying promotion' and being 'Porto's B team', I'm actually impressed with whatever is going on behind the scenes with their Portuguese super-mega-agent. 

There is no previous parallel and there will be a lot of well-off clubs at the top of the division who will be kicking themselves that they didn't think of this first. Sure, this division has seen wealthy owners come in and spend millions to try to get promotion before FFP bit them in the arse, but only on wages for aging has-been players, as there was nobody in the middle to facilitate such an ambitious plan.

Stick your eight-figure McCormack, Rhodes et al up your arse, this could be the makings of a revolution in the race to reach the megabucks PL TV deals. Wolves go up, attract more great kids from abroad, get their young, saleable foreign stars exposure and EVEN IF they go down again (I doubt they would against some of the dross in the lower Prem), their talent is in the biggest shop window on the planet, to be sold for delicious profit. 

Meanwhile, we're rumoured to have offered a contract to a Plymouth Argyle reject. Yay.

37 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

For all the criticism Wolves are getting for 'buying promotion' and being 'Porto's B team', I'm actually impressed with whatever is going on behind the scenes with their Portuguese super-mega-agent. 

There is no previous parallel and there will be a lot of well-off clubs at the top of the division who will be kicking themselves that they didn't think of this first. Sure, this division has seen wealthy owners come in and spend millions to try to get promotion before FFP bit them in the arse, but only on wages for aging has-been players, as there was nobody in the middle to facilitate such an ambitious plan.

Stick your eight-figure McCormack, Rhodes et al up your arse, this could be the makings of a revolution in the race to reach the megabucks PL TV deals. Wolves go up, attract more great kids from abroad, get their young, saleable foreign stars exposure and EVEN IF they go down again (I doubt they would against some of the dross in the lower Prem), their talent is in the biggest shop window on the planet, to be sold for delicious profit. 

Meanwhile, we're rumoured to have offered a contract to a Plymouth Argyle reject. Yay.

It's just Jorge Mendes bleeding them dry. A leech on football, but hey, he really does help his players.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

It's just Jorge Mendes bleeding them dry. A leech on football, but hey, he really does help his players.

Name an agent that isn't a leech on football.

At least with this arrangement, the club are (for now) heavily benefitting from Mendes's input; they simply wouldn't be able to attract this level of quality without him. As a counter-example, what benefit did United get by paying Mino Raiola a reported £40-odd million when they re-signed Pogba?

• 2 years later...

Archived