talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Confirm Cenk Tosun Signing

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Would hope he's confirmed in time to play tomorrow but it seems unlikely.

Will he solve our problems? Hopefully one of them. Even if he's excellent, we still need a left back, centre back, defensive midfielder and a winger.

Erm... I don’t really get this signing to be honest. He’s not what you’d call prolific in a very poor league so I’m not sure how he’d fare in the Premiere League?

i don’t get why Everton aren’t going all out for a proven goal scorer at this level?

Theo Walcott when played consistently has always scored goals, maybe he’d be worth a punt? Why not a cheeky bid for Jamie Vardy? 

Tosun just seems like another Everton signing that will flatter to deceive and be forgotten about within 3 years. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Erm... I don’t really get this signing to be honest. He’s not what you’d call prolific in a very poor league so I’m not sure how he’d fare in the Premiere League?

i don’t get why Everton aren’t going all out for a proven goal scorer at this level?

Theo Walcott when played consistently has always scored goals, maybe he’d be worth a punt? Why not a cheeky bid for Jamie Vardy? 

Tosun just seems like another Everton signing that will flatter to deceive and be forgotten about within 3 years. 

You say level as if the Premier League is good. It's shite. Wayne Rooney has 10 goals so far ffs!

He has the same amount of Champions League goals as Aubameyang, Lukaku, Mbappe...

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If Everton needed a striker, why would they go after Theo Walcott? He’s played little on the wing, little over the past five or so years and he’s not exactly a 15 goal striker. Plus he’s 28/29 now, it’s not exactly a good signing at all. 

18 minutes ago, HK85 said:

You say level as if the Premier League is good. It's shite. Wayne Rooney has 10 goals so far ffs!

He has the same amount of Champions League goals as Aubameyang, Lukaku, Mbappe...

He may work out and be outstanding mate. Was just my opinion that’s all. 

You cant really compare a 27 year olds CL record with 2 players that have 1 CL campaign’s under their belts. That really bends the stats mate. 

9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If Everton needed a striker, why would they go after Theo Walcott? He’s played little on the wing, little over the past five or so years and he’s not exactly a 15 goal striker. Plus he’s 28/29 now, it’s not exactly a good signing at all. 

I might be wrong and I really can’t be arsed to research it but I’m pretty sure, when played regularly, Walcott has scored over 15 goals a season a fair few times? 

Anyway, I’m not saying Walcott is the answer. I was just throwing a name into the mix. 

As I said, Tosun might be the answer but if you are bringing age into then Tosun is about 27 himself is he not? 

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I might be wrong and I really can’t be arsed to research it but I’m pretty sure, when played regularly, Walcott has scored over 15 goals a season a fair few times? 

Anyway, I’m not saying Walcott is the answer. I was just throwing a name into the mix. 

As I said, Tosun might be the answer but if you are bringing age into then Tosun is about 27 himself is he not? 

Ten last year, three the previous three and 14 before that. That’s as far as I looked. 

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He may work out and be outstanding mate. Was just my opinion that’s all. 

You cant really compare a 27 year olds CL record with 2 players that have 1 CL campaign’s under their belts. That really bends the stats mate. 

Only Lukaku has less CL appearances than him. 

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Only Lukaku has less CL appearances than him. 

How many appearances have they each got... about 10? 

CL goals isn’t what you need anyway, it’s a good, consistent, top level striker.  Let’s hope your new man is that guy. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ten last year, three the previous three and 14 before that. That’s as far as I looked. 

And that’s been a bit part player. 

Make him the main man and I reckon he’d be ok for Everton. 

Anyway....

• The title was changed to Everton Confirm Cenk Tosun Signing

If it's works out.. it's a steal, if not, you have to wonder whether clubs going for players of this bracket for what is still a high price, should just pay over the odds (20/30m more) for a proven article is the way to go. Although I understand Everton did have a pop at trying to sign Costa and failed.

It's not like he's moving to a big club after trophies, he's moving to a club who are associated with a top ten-6 position finish who are managed by Sam Allardyce. As long as he scores 15-20 goals a season they'll be laughing

• 1 month later...

Everton boss Sam Allardyce says new signing Cenk Tosun has to work harder on his fitness if he is to cope with life in the Premier League.

Everton fly to the Middle East on Wednesday for a warm-weather training camp, and Allardyce is hoping the break will help Tosun who has struggled with his fitness and the English weather.

The Turkish striker arrived from Besiktas for £27m in January but has failed to break into the Everton side, starting just two games since arriving from Turkey.

• Subscriber

Im curious what warm-weather training does for a person who needs to improve their performance/fitness in a much colder climate? I'd imagine it doesn't do them too much good considering the two air densities are completely different from each other? ELI5 please.

20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Im curious what warm-weather training does for a person who needs to improve their performance/fitness in a much colder climate? I'd imagine it doesn't do them too much good considering the two air densities are completely different from each other? ELI5 please.

Cold weather makes muscles tighter, which makes cramps, strains, and tears more likely. Warm weather training can mean more intense training is possible with a smaller risk of injury.

Archived