The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Third Round Match Chat - 5-8th January 2018

football forum

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

BBC won't make this mistake again, I guarantee they'll revert back to showing Manchester United no matter who they get in the next round. Two 0-0's and by the sounds of it, Leicester's game was duller than this one.

Sad but true.

In other news we've opened one stand for the replay. We're an absolute joke in this competition and don't deserve to come close to winning it.

• Administrator

Forest's lead doesn't last too long. This time an Arsenal free-kick leads to Mertesacker scrambling in. 

Nelson looked to have dived though?

Well done to Newport, they deserved it and I don't mind them having their moment. We were very poor.

9 changes was always going to get us into a bit of bother but I'd liked to have thought that those coming in would have been desperate to make a case to be in the first team. I can safely say that most of those that have not pushed themselves any closer to starting for us.

Hope Newport get another big game now.

Fucking awful first half. Midfield absolutely shocking! Elneny, Willock and Iwobi are all completely shit. Once you go past Ramsey, Wilshere and Xhaka our midfield is completely terrible. 

The most laughable thing is though we are playing a high line with Mertesacker and Holding as our CB's... unbelievable, and with no midfield pressure it has been so easy for Forest to get in behind.

Front three have been fine, Nelson has done well and Maitland-Niles has had another solid game, but seriously not good enough.

7 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Why didn't Arsenal bring the big guns just incase?

Can only assume they are saving them for the League Cup semi with Chelsea in the week as it's the semi final stage. If so, that's very naïve.

12 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Why didn't Arsenal bring the big guns just incase?

Wenger is probably throwing this game because of his touchline ban. He was made to look a fool last season when he was serving his previous touchline ban, and Stevie Bould went and smashed Southampton away 5-0 in the FA Cup. :ph34r:

• Administrator

Penalty to Forest! 

Holding brings down Cash in the box. Trying to play out the box and brings down the Forest player. 

Arsenal have been shocking here. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

People going on about Maitland-Niles... All this "he plays so comfortably on the ball". I don't translate it that way... For me that's called lethargy. We need dynamism and not someone who thinks he's Zidane.

I know what you're saying mate, he is almost useless offensively for is at times as he refuses to use his left foot. He gets into great crossing positions but always cuts it back onto his right.

To be fair to him he is a midfielder playing at LB.

Penalty Forest...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived