football forum

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

3 things guaranteed in life. 

Death.

Taxes. 

Controversy in a football match with Jon Moss in charge. 

The question is how many hamburgers does he eat a day to have such a marvellous physique.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

The question is how many hamburgers does he eat a day to have such a marvellous physique.

all those mince pies and christmas puddings he's not worn off yet.

A Championship side beating a side that plays like a Championship side... Well done Notts Forest! Rolls back the years and from a nostalgic point of view in memory of one of my favourite coaches ever I am happy for them.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

The Premier League clubs by and large have been a disgrace in this round.

quite a few already out/not yet through

Leicester
Swansea
Arsenal
Burnley
Bournemouth
Stoke
West Ham
Chelsea
Everton

Very good round on the whole for Football League sides. Opens it up even more if Premier League sides are drawn with each other next round. 

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

In all honesty Forest are a same level club if not more than us in real terms. 

not been in the Premier League in over 20 years (!) so that's a bold statement you make. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

not been in the Premier League in over 20 years (!) so that's a bold statement you make. 

Not really... the “Premier League” brand name means nothing to me.  They’ve been European Champions twice!

The second penalty decision for Forest was a shocker but Forest thoroughly deserved their win. That performance just typified Wenger's last 5 years or so, just an absolutely shambolic performance from start to finish. I can honestly say they may just be his worst ever game, I've never seen anything so bad in all honesty. Very disappointing to go out like that but congratulations to Forest.

4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Well, at least now I can point and laugh at people that said The FA Cup doesn't mean much now having a meltdown over our exit.

League Cup's better anyway. xD

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not really... the “Premier League” brand name means nothing to me.  They’ve been European Champions twice!

Forest have been a lower league side for about 60 of the last 100 seasons and have won fewer trophies than Wolverhampton Wanderers :ph34r:

Just now, Kitchen Sales said:

Forest have been a lower league side for about 60 of the last 100 seasons and having won fewer trophies than Wolverhampton Wanderers :ph34r:

But they won two European Cups (Champions Leagues). They’ve been European Champions, the best team in Europe twice.  Arsenal have never achieved that accolade.  That’s what football on the continent is measured by.

Obviously I’m being facetious due to being annoyed and I know we’re on a different scale to them, but the fact remains... Football folklore in Europe is measured that way. Some may not like it and some probably won’t care, but it’s the way things are.  But then again being insular has its benefits where we can enjoy success and believe it to be on a world scale.

Maybe we can change the name of the FA CUP to the World Series Football Cup and call our eventual winners World Champions But only our lot play in it.

We'll have to see how this pans out. If this is Wenger disregarding the Cup to concentrate on the Europa League to return to the Champions League, throwing a game against Forest in the FA Cup will be seen as a good decision by Wenger, if Wenger continues to play kids in the Europa League and they go out and Arsenal fail to make up the five point gap on Liverpool in fourth, he'll be looked at as more of a laughing stock than he already is.

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

We'll have to see how this pans out. If this is Wenger disregarding the Cup to concentrate on the Europa League to return to the Champions League, throwing a game against Forest in the FA Cup will be seen as a good decision by Wenger, if Wenger continues to play kids in the Europa League and they go out and Arsenal fail to make up the five point gap on Liverpool in fourth, he'll be looked at as more of a laughing stock than he already is.

Hold on, but Forest made 6 changes of their own today which were apparently kids... I don’t follow the Championship all that much but that was a quote from one of that lot on BT Sport.  I don’t know if the defeat is embarrassing or not considering all of this, but what’s for sure is that in this particular game this evening, the “second string” excuse can’t be used.

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Think he will go all in on the league cup as well now. I reckon he will play a strong teams in the semis.

Just now, Cicero said:

Love how some Arsenal fans (none on this forum), think the Europa is a guarantee, failing to realise Atletico, Napoli, and Lazio are with them. 

And Dortmund. Think it's a bit unfair to say about him disrespecting the cup considereing he has won more than anybody. The team was strong enough to win they just didn't perfrom 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived