talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Third Round Match Chat - 5-8th January 2018

football forum

Just now, Cannabis said:

Bobby Madley speaking with Jonathon Moss sums up refereeing in this country. Pair of melts. 

Funny how the commentators are shocked and appalled at Holgate but failing to mention that embarrassing reaction from Firmino.

He was pissed off at being pushed into the stands, wtf are you on about.

Holgate should have been booked.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

Bobby Madley speaking with Jonathon Moss sums up refereeing in this country. Pair of melts. 

Funny how the commentators are shocked and appalled at Holgate but failing to mention that embarrassing reaction from Firmino.

Think he reacted as most would being shoved in the back like that... Just think he knew at the last second he could get sent off by reacting and drew back before getting himself and his team in the shit.. 

And you Evertonions, don't dare twine about that pen. After that shite a few weeks ago, you have nothing to complain about. And all i say is....lol. 

Initially, I thought Firmino may have said some racial slur towards Holgate as he seemed to flip. But surely the ref would have heard it as he was between the two. The other possibility was spitting, but the replay showed nothing.

I think we've played pretty poorly tbh. Fortunate to be ahead with that penalty, but not going to complain.

Everton look dangerous through Bolassie, but other than that not too threatening. Our attack is looking unusually disjointed imo.

• Administrator
Just now, FOYM said:

And you Evertonions, don't dare twine about that pen. After that shite a few weeks ago, you have nothing to complain about. And all i say is....lol. 

Initially, I thought Firmino may have said some racial slur towards Holgate as he seemed to flip. But surely the ref would have heard it as he was between the two. The other possibility was spitting, but the replay showed nothing.

the ref would have heard it but Madley is shit so he panicked and bottled any decision.

Irony being that he's scared of being controversial but ends up being so anyway. 

• Subscriber

xD the Lovren on Calvert-Lewin was a soft penalty but it was a penalty. Dominic didn't dive like that.

I'd love to see Liverpool fans admit that Lallana hasn't just "gone down easy", he's flat out dived and bought a penalty. Literally completely pathetic.

Holgate should have been booked regardless of what Firmino did or didn't say to him after, completely petulant shove for no reason.

• Administrator

it looked like Firmino said something which involved the word 'puta' judging by the slo-mo replays. Don't know about the lead up to that but isn't that quite offensive in Spanish/Portuguese?

It probably wasn't racism because of the ref, it wasn't spit because you can see from the clips nobody is spitting. More likely is Firmino wants to deck the cunt for pushing him into the stands and Holgate's clearly also heated after the penalty.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

it looked like Firmino said something which involved the word 'puta' judging by the slo-mo replays. Don't know about the lead up to that but isn't that quite offensive in Spanish/Portuguese?

Well it means whore/bitch I think but I don’t think it’s an offence to call a player a son of a bitch.

Unless Holgate just heard something he didn’t understand and assumed the worst. 

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Don’t know why Holgate lost his shit so badly, even grabbing the ref, at being called a Filho de Puta (judging by to the slo mo)?

That’s like the bog standard Portuguese football insult.

Is that like son of a whore or something?

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Don’t know why Holgate lost his shit so badly, even grabbing the ref, at being called a Filho de Puta (judging by to the slo mo)?

That’s like the bog standard Portuguese football insult.

Especially as he almost certainly doesn't know what it means xD

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Especially as he almost certainly doesn't know what it means xD

if you watch enough Narcos you know exactly what it means xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived