Stuttgart vs Hertha Berlin
RB Leipzig vs Schalke 04

Sunday 14th December, 2018
Koln vs Gladbach
Borussia Dortmund vs Wolfsburg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhine Derby on the following Sunday. Absolutely ready for the Bundesliga to return after the winter breaks., and what better way to return to action that taking on the clear bottom feeders :ay:

• The topic was pinned

Up to now this season I have used my brain (or lack of it) to make predictions.  From here on - as the results have been rubbish - I am using my heart:clown:

Friday 12th December, 2018
Bayer Leverkusen 2 vs Bayern Munich 2

Saturday 13th December, 2018
Werder Bremen 2 vs Hoffenheim 1
Eintract Frankfurt 2 vs Freiburg 0
Augsburg 1 vs Hamburger SV 1
Hannover 0 vs Mainz 2
Stuttgart 3 vs Hertha Berlin 2
RB Leipzig 1 vs Schalke 04  2

Sunday 14th December, 2018
Koln 1 vs Gladbach 1
Borussia Dortmund 4 vs Wolfsburg 1 (This is the start of the softening-up process before the Pokal!)

It’s a shame the break come when it did for Köln, they were just starting to turn a corner and I think without a break period, they’d have won a few games and put some form together. That said, they won a Winter Cup in Bielfeild agaist Hertha so there is something there to build some confidence. 

What better way to start the year than an away win at your biggest rivals. 

How is Lucas Alario doing? His goalscoring record looks ok-ish. It doesn't surprise me, I never thought he was good enough for Europe. Overall play though, how has he been?

On 1/13/2018 at 07:02, Blue said:

How is Lucas Alario doing? His goalscoring record looks ok-ish. It doesn't surprise me, I never thought he was good enough for Europe. Overall play though, how has he been?

Erm :/ 

What a crazy weekend with not one correct result.... and as for BVB leaving out Aube - OK so he missed the meeting, but it proves that his replacements are as totally useless as our forwards - Yarmolenko was total crap and Schurrle was his normal garbage - My predicted 4-0 would have been correct with a decent striker.  Batra can moan about the tackle, but he needs to concentrate on what really was wrong and be as honest as I am trying to be with our idiotic team selection.  For Yarmo read Di Santo then we might start to get things sorted. We should have been 6th now - somehow we are still 3rd - now that's really weird!

12 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

but it proves that his replacements are as totally useless as our forwards 

Young Alex Isak can be great. He just needs more experience and playing time. Also he's a total different player type as Auba, so Dortmund need to adjust their tactics a bit in his favour, which they obviously couldn't with the short-notice Auba suspension. 

I would never be hyper-critical of young players who are drafted in to a team as they need time to adjust to the pace and demands of a higher level of the game.  The Schurrle and Yarmolenkos who keep them out with this sort of performance should be sidelined!  There are also different ways to deal with senior players who treat their position with contempt, but on the field they would hardly ever deliberately play below par to prove a point and the omission of Aube was a petulant decision when it could be dealt with differently during the week.  What that meant was that the young guys almost lost a game which should have been won and they will be partly blamed for the result.  We had a similar problem last year with Choupo-Moting and see what he has done at Stoke since he left! Why is Di Santo keeping out Embolo?  Another crazy weekend!  What would you do with Aube - make him train part of the time this week with the second team - pride would be hurt and he might think again next time- there will be one as he is the guy he is!

• The topic was unpinned

Archived