talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ross Barkley Signs For Chelsea for £15m

• Administrator

Can have it's own thread now seeing as it's more reality than rumour.

Must be desperate to sign him considering they could have him for free in summer, so don't want to lose out on him to other clubs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42574404

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley is expected to have a medical at Chelsea on Friday before a £15m move to Stamford Bridge.

Barkley turned down a move to Chelsea on transfer deadline day in August.

But negotiations between the clubs resumed once the transfer window re-opened on 1 January.

The 24-year-old England man rejected a new deal at Everton and is out of contract at the end of this season, opening the door to a cut-price move.

Barkley has yet to play this season after having hamstring surgery following a training injury but is now approaching match fitness.

Everton manager Sam Allardyce said on Thursday the club had been resigned to losing Barkley for some time.

And now, barring late hitches, he is likely to secure a move to Chelsea.

It will mean the player is leaving Goodison Park after 13 years, having joined Everton as an 11-year-old in 2005.

The academy graduate has played 150 times for Everton in the Premier League, scoring 21 times since making his debut in 2011.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The most obvious question is what really changed for him in the past 6 months? Why the change of heart, as i wouldn't want to sign players that actually don't want to play for the club.,

Spurs dropped their interest apparently so he probably thought 'fuck' better get pen to paper sharpish or I will be stuck in the physio's room at Everton till the end of the season... 

In all honesty for 15M we could have done a lot worse... If he can get back to full fitness and get his desire and motivation back he could be a good buy for the price, He is still young so not like we are getting an over the hill player past his best... 

• Subscriber

We won't/can't pay £15 million for a player we can get for free in 6 months. Chelsea can. He wants a change of scenery and probably still has hopes of making England's squad for Russia. Not sure where he fits in at Chelsea as he has a much more defined role available to him with us, but good luck to him. Like Ross a lot as a player and needs a proper manager to work with him to iron out the obvious flaws. Very gifted though. Just hope Conte/Whoever is next for Chelsea is able to develop him because it would be a waste if not.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The most obvious question is what really changed for him in the past 6 months? Why the change of heart, as i wouldn't want to sign players that actually don't want to play for the club.,

Or maybe Chelsea/his agent convinced him to stay at Everton for free medical care on his injury while continuing to cost us money in wages and giving Chelsea a discount by waiting until January.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Or maybe Chelsea/his agent convinced him to stay at Everton for free medical care on his injury while continuing to cost us money in wages and giving Chelsea a discount by waiting until January.

It was his agent :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You'd have to be in your late 30's/early 40's to even vaguely remember the last time Chelsea were mid table xD

I am in my early 30's haha, to be fair from my time supporting the club seen us finish 6th three times and once 10th from two seasons before (supporter since the 99'). From the 1990 and until let's say 1995 we were literally a mid table club position wise

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

I am in my early 30's haha, to be fair from my time supporting the club seen us finish 6th three times and once 10th from two seasons before (supporter since the 99'). From the 1990 and until let's say 1995 we were literally a mid table club position wise

From 1990 to 1995 Chelsea didn't have fans they had yobs

:ph34r:

So his £35m move to Chelsea fell through in the summer, he hasn't played for Everton since then while they continue to pay his wages and now he moves for £15m.

Everton lost out on £20m (plus the wages they paid him) for nothing.

• The title was changed to Ross Barkley Signs For Chelsea for £15m

Archived