talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ross Barkley Signs For Chelsea for £15m

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You'd have to be in your late 30's/early 40's to even vaguely remember the last time Chelsea were mid table xD

He'll I remember Chelsea in the old Division Two, in fact they were close to being relegated to Division Three one year.   How old does that make me?

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

You'd have to be in your late 30's/early 40's to even vaguely remember the last time Chelsea were mid table xD

The season Mourinho tried to relegate Chelsea isn't that far back in the past.

We did buy Lampard during a similar stage of Barkley's career, which divided many fans. Obviously took a talented manager to make him one of the best in the planet.

Still iffy about it. But if Barkely shows the same commitment and hard work as Lamps, and if Conte obviously stays past the summer, who knows.

• The title was changed to Chelsea Sign Ross Barkley For £15m
6 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Was he a Liverpool fan as a kid? Why has he been a massive cunt to Everton. Has anyone met him as a person? Is he a nobhead or something? Or is he naive with a dodgy agent?

I reckon the latter. It's probably the case more often than not. A decent English player for this little is a steal nowadays, I've no expectations for him other than to fill quotas.

Bargain bucket price, suppose the only real risk for Chelsea, would be a 'finished article' like Barkley blocking first team opportunities for prospects like Loftus-Cheek etc.

5 minutes ago, DNA said:

Bargain bucket price, suppose the only real risk for Chelsea, would be a 'finished article' like Barkley blocking first team opportunities for prospects like Loftus-Cheek etc.

Would he though? I had the impression that Barkley was a an attacking mid/winger.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Was he a Liverpool fan as a kid? Why has he been a massive cunt to Everton. Has anyone met him as a person? Is he a nobhead or something? Or is he naive with a dodgy agent?

As much as I think he's a cunt right now I've heard it's the last one and I tend to believe it.

• The title was changed to Ross Barkley Signs For Chelsea for £15m

Archived