talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ross Barkley Signs For Chelsea for £15m

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't fault Barkley or even Chelsea, Chelsea had him at a medical...they were obviously willing to pay the price.

End of the day they shouldn't have let his contract run down to one year, you should look to start selling players when they've got 2 - 1.5 years left and show no signs of getting on board.

• The title was changed to Ross Barkley Signs For Chelsea for £15m
  • 1 year later...
On 06/01/2018 at 01:27, carefreeluke said:

I always thought that Barkley's game needs simplifying and coming into a team where he's going to be asked to fulfil a specific role and where he will be asked to follow concrete tactical instructions maybe good for him.

He has that under Sarri and I think it helps give direction to his game. I'm still under the impression that we need better quality if we want to reach the levels we should be reaching as a club.

He's following tactical instructions very well from Sarri which is why he's in the team more often than not these days. Intensity wise and tactically he's doing his role very well. His issue is that he's lacking a bit of personality on top of just performing his duties in that role if that makes sense. If we could extract a bit more from him, if he could perform the role Sarri has asked of him but also add a bit more to his game, a bit of personality and bit of end product, a bit of spark, he'd be a decent player but I just doubt whether he's got that level of performance in him especially consistently. 

I'll say one thing though. If a player puts in the level of effort Barkley has demonstrated in the last couple of weeks, no matter his level, I'm more than happy to watch him for my club. He's been committed and hard working of late which is always nice to see. Credit where it's due. I just feel though that he's a bit fragile, if any negativity starts to creep into his game be it from a wide range of factors, he can start to lose his way a bit. However, let's hope he continues his recent hard work and that he can also improve even more in the future.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived