• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Faithcore & Friends

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If we had some crap lessons me and a couple of mates used to turn up for Registration in the morning then sneak out down by the station next to the school then bunk the trains to Waterloo then get back in time for afternoon Registration before anyone noticed.. As you say fun times, got away with that for ages until they did Registration for each bloody class and that put paid to that little scam... 

They always checked attendance for each class at my school, but there was nothing they could do other than inform your parents unless you were a "problem child" in general. My family was fucked up from day one, and I started earning my own money regularly when I was 13, so I never really cared and knowing the situation, the school didn't even bother to call my parents haha. 

I remember my dad chasing me down the street because the teacher had just called and told him that I had "skipped classes" for two weeks. Fun times. 

I'm just using all the talk about nudge to talk a bit about myself. Don't mind me. :35_thinking:

Just now, nudge said:

They always checked attendance for each class at my school, but there was nothing they could do other than inform your parents unless you were a "problem child" in general. My family was fucked up from day one, and I started earning my own money regularly when I was 13, so I never really cared and knowing the situation, the school didn't even bother to call my parents haha. 

Had a bit of problem when I was 14 and got into some proper bother and ended up having to leave school and I started full time in the wood yard where I did weekends to earn some extra money, My Mum was not best pleased but my Old Man had a more positive outlook about things and I did fine for myself in the end despite that initial set back.. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I remember my dad chasing me down the street because the teacher had just called and told him that I had "skipped classes" for two weeks. Fun times. 

I'm just using all the talk about nudge to talk a bit about myself. Don't mind me. :35_thinking:

xD

I had loads of run in's with my Old Man over the years... Not so when I was younger as I would get my arse handed to me on a plate but as I got Older and bigger we used to go at it hammer and tongs sometimes... Loved my Old Man, The missus said I was never the same after he went and that I changed... I can't say that I felt I did but I suppose she saw all the things I never put much thought too I suppose... 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did he actually chase you? How did it end? xD

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Had a bit of problem when I was 14 and got into some proper bother and ended up having to leave school and I started full time in the wood yard where I did weekends to earn some extra money, My Mum was not best pleased but my Old Man had a more positive outlook about things and I did fine for myself in the end despite that initial set back.. 

I think it's a good experience in the end, as it gives you a better view of real world and helps with the atittude towards work and being independent. Did you manage to go back to school though?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Well, I was out with a friend on our bicycles. And my dad came out of our house and I knew exactly why. So I cycled away and told my friend to follow me (he was confused) and hid somewhere for some time. But my dad found me eventually and well.. did he hit me? 

giphy.gif

Just now, nudge said:

I think it's a good experience in the end, as it gives you a better view of real world and helps with the atittude towards work and being independent. Did you manage to go back to school though?

I tried to get back and they tried to get me in somewhere but that never worked out.. I did however get told I was being given 2 Female Tutors that covered Maths, English Language and English Literature, History and Science and spent 2 years doing that which worked out well in the end and probably served me well over the years... 

Archived