talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Ever Premier League XI Made Up of English Players?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Seaman

Neville      Rio           Terry      Cole

Scholes      

Gerrard      Lampard

Rooney  

Shearer           Kane 

Seaman

Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Scholes

Gerrard   Lampard

Beckham Shearer  Rooney

Get up the pitch, Scholes spreads it out wide, Shearer and Rooney go for the six yard box, Gerrard and Lampard drift to the edge of the box, Beckham/Cashley cross it. Goal.

Good English football. 

I’m not going to do the “English Premier League XI”. I’m going to do the my best English XI that I’ve experienced because I was attending and watching football pre-‘92 and I think that counts.

David Seaman

Lee Dixon    Terry Butcher    Tony Adams    Ashley Cole

Bryan Robson

Paul Scholes        Paul Gascoigne

Peter Beardsley

Alan Shearer    Gary Lineker

---------------------------------Nigel Martyn

Gary Neville - Sol Campbell - Rio Ferdinand - Stuart Pearce

David Beckham - Paul Scholes - Steven Gerrard - Ashley Cole

------------------------------Wayne Rooney

-------------------------------Alan Shearer

54 minutes ago, Inverted said:

limit it to the Prem and miss out on the early 90s.

Miss out football altogether. That’s why mine is based on what I experienced!  Obviously if we include the history of English footballers it’d be more complexed and very different.

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Miss out football altogether. That’s why mine is based on what I experienced!  Obviously if we include the history of English footballers it’d be more complexed and very different.

Well it is a Premier league forum.  I suspect most on here didn't see much pre Premier football.  If you expand it the squads would be very different, while the Premier league's ones seem remarkably similar.  Under your rules, my would include players like Banks, Moore, Charlton and Greaves.

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Well it is a Premier league forum.  I suspect most on here didn't see much pre Premier football.  If you expand it the squads would be very different, while the Premier league's ones seem remarkably similar.  Under your rules, my would include players like Banks, Moore, Charlton and Greaves.

Yeah, that’s their problem. Football didn’t begin with the Premier League and under your argument all that means is that I’m educating others then which I doubt I’m doing because they know these things or should do.

Football didn’t start in the Premier League era and the forum is obviously called “The Premier League Forum” because that’s what it is now... Not so long ago it was called the Premiership, so there are players there that didn’t play in the Premier League which shows how ridiculous your attempt at being smart has been.  You should use thought process before you write something like that especially with me mate. :o

1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Being 21 my perception is even a bit different. To me players like Beckham, Neville and Shearer are really just there on my impression of their careers rather than any real memories of watching them. 

I’m quoting this for someone else and nothing I particularly want to add to it.

5 hours ago, Inverted said:

Seaman

Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Scholes

Gerrard   Lampard

Beckham Shearer  Rooney

Get up the pitch, Scholes spreads it out wide, Shearer and Rooney go for the six yard box, Gerrard and Lampard drift to the edge of the box, Beckham/Cashley cross it. Goal.

Good English football. 

That's mine aswell. Kane needs a few more years to be anywhere near this list. 

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, that’s their problem. Football didn’t begin with the Premier League and under your argument all that means is that I’m educating others then which I doubt I’m doing because they know these things or should do.

Football didn’t start in the Premier League era and the forum is obviously called “The Premier League Forum” because that’s what it is now... Not so long ago it was called the Premiership, so there are players there that didn’t play in the Premier League which shows how ridiculous your attempt at being smart has been.  You should use thought process before you write something like that especially with me mate. :o

No reason to get nasty, wasn't taking a shot at you, just pointing out the obvious.  Probably just a reaction to my thread about the Holgate Firmino incident(s) being moved to the FA Cup forum because it wasn't Premiership related.

2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

No reason to get nasty, wasn't taking a shot at you, just pointing out the obvious.  Probably just a reaction to my thread about the Holgate Firmino incident(s) being moved to the FA Cup forum because it wasn't Premiership related.

I’m not getting nasty mate!  Don’t missentepret me... It’s just that your post was full of semantics that weren’t necessary if you think about it. Why limit a debate to a brand name when you can just say... What’s the best English XI you can muster in your opinion?

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I’m not going to do the “English Premier League XI”. I’m going to do the my best English XI that I’ve experienced because I was attending and watching football pre-‘92 and I think that counts.

David Seaman

Lee Dixon    Terry Butcher    Tony Adams    Ashley Cole

Bryan Robson

Paul Scholes        Paul Gascoigne

Peter Beardsley

Alan Shearer    Gary Lineker

No John Barnes? Not technically English but represented them

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

No John Barnes? Not technically English but represented them

I did actually think about him and it was him or Beardsley... But the way Peter Beardsley used to feed strikers that were prolific just finally made my mind up.  John Barnes was excellent without a doubt.

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I’m not getting nasty mate!  Don’t missentepret me... It’s just that your post was full of semantics that weren’t necessary if you think about it. Why limit a debate to a brand name when you can just say... What’s the best English XI you can muster in your opinion?

Debate is limited to the Premier because that is the question that was asked.  You could start another thread if you want to talk about the best English XI.

Regarding semantics, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 

Just now, Redcanuck said:

Debate is limited to the Premier because that is the question that was asked.  You could start another thread if you want to talk about the best English XI.

Regarding semantics, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 

But then many of the players chosen would be exempt. When did the Premier League change from the Premiership?

Why would I want to start another thread that’s identical?  This one is good enough mate.

Archived