• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

No Further Action to be Taken After Firmino/Holgate Incident

football forum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He defended the monkey chants mate because he’s ignorant.  I don’t think and didn’t detect racism!  He was more intent on winning an argument than thinking about what he was saying and the actions he was referring to.  I’ve encountered this hundreds of times throughout my life.

And I'm sure there was some truth in the fact that he thinks it's perfectly acceptable to racially abuse someone and through that logic wouldn't be surprised if he has. You're describing bigotry and racism, and ignorance plays a part in both yes.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, a toddler xD

Nothing wrong with a fight at the footy. 

Anyway, his Dad slapping some player is a bit different to Balon being a racist pig and being proud of it. 

5 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Anyway, his Dad slapping some player is a bit different to Balon being a racist pig and being proud of it. 

So you condone smacking someone in the mouth but not calling someone a name? 

Kinell xD

36 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Can't tell if you're a world class WUM or a smeghead.

So Holgate officially reported Firmino for calling him ‘a nigger’. 

An indipendant lip reading expert, after watching 6 separate video evidence from different angles concluded that Firmino said no such thing. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/he-called-n-evertons-mason-11809267.amp?__twitter_impression=true

So, although the investigation is still ongoing, should Holgate if proved to be lying, be given the same kind of punishment that Firmino would have received if found guilty? 

Just like a woman who cries rape when she hasn’t been raped, a twat that pulls the race card when nothing of the sort occurred should be thrown to the dogs in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

An indipendant lip reading expert, after watching 6 separate video evidence from different angles concluded that Firmino said no such thing. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/he-called-n-evertons-mason-11809267.amp?__twitter_impression=true

So, although the investigation is still ongoing, should Holgate if proved to be lying, be given the same kind of punishment that Firmino would have received if found guilty? 

Just like a woman who cries rape when she hasn’t been raped, a twat that pulls the race card when nothing of the sort occurred should be thrown to the dogs in my opinion. 

‘Expert’ is such a vague term these days, especially when used by such journalism might as the Mirror. 

Should Holgate be punished? Absolutely not, that’s nearly as ludicrous as those saying he should have seen red for the incident. Something was clearly said, that is clear, what Holgate heard or understood that word or sentence to be, was heard in a cauldron of atmosphere in the Merseyside Derby as tempers flared. Should he be penalised for that? No, not at all. If nothing had been said at all and he made an accusation, then yeah, I get your point. 

22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just because there's no evidence of racial abuse doesn't mean he's lying. He could be telling the truth and he could have just misheard.

When I saw the match and the incident, Holgate looked like grade A cunt the way he he nodded his head while Firmino was furiously running at him after the push... Not sure why he wasnt sent off, that was a blatant push

51 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yes, he should.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

well that's not how it works anyway. 

effectively saying lying is the same as being racist. And it may not be 'lying', as such. It may just be he's heard differently to what Firmino has been saying. Yes it is bad if he's 'lying' but the punishment shouldn't be the same - what's the ban for being racist anyway? Few months ban?

Using your analogy about a woman who is crying rape, they don't get sent down for years in prison like a rapist would if it turns out she wasn't raped, do they?

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

‘Expert’ is such a vague term these days, especially when used by such journalism might as the Mirror. 

Should Holgate be punished? Absolutely not, that’s nearly as ludicrous as those saying he should have seen red for the incident. Something was clearly said, that is clear, what Holgate heard or understood that word or sentence to be, was heard in a cauldron of atmosphere in the Merseyside Derby as tempers flared. Should he be penalised for that? No, not at all. If nothing had been said at all and he made an accusation, then yeah, I get your point. 

Ok, so clearly something was said, I get that, and yes it was in a stadium full of noise, totally agree on both parts. 

But in these circumstances, if a player isn’t 100% certain, then he shouldn’t be throwing definite accusations around like “he called me a nigger”, especially when what Firmino said sounded nothing like that. It’s a fucking rats trick. 

Whatever the outcome, this could scar Firmino’s proffesional and personal life forever and for what, calling someone a son of a bitch? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

well that's not how it works anyway. 

effectively saying lying is the same as being racist. And it may not be 'lying', as such. It may just be he's heard differently to what Firmino has been saying. Yes it is bad if he's 'lying' but the punishment shouldn't be the same - what's the ban for being racist anyway? Few months ban?

Using your analogy about a woman who is crying rape, they don't get sent down for years in prison like a rapist would if it turns out she wasn't raped, do they?

If they don’t then they should. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

If they don’t then they should. 

the punishment doesn't fit the crime, though. If Holgate is insistent on what he thinks Firmino said, then it needs to be determined if he's misheard or trying to get one over Fimino. 

As much as Holgate is a prick, he shouldn't be punished for anything. The only thing he got away with was pushing Firmino into the crown. I really don't know how anybody is denying that it's dangerous play. 

Just now, FOYM said:

As much as Holgate is a prick, he shouldn't be punished for anything. The only thing he got away with was pushing Firmino into the crown. I really don't know how anybody is denying that it's dangerous play. 

The gore and disrespect of the man towards the Monarchy is astounding! :ph34r:

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

As much as Holgate is a prick, he shouldn't be punished for anything. 

What sticks in my throat thought is that after this Firmino will probably receive shit wherever he goes, both in football and outside of football. Holgate however will just walk away, shrug his shoulders saying “Meh, oh well, I thought that’s what he said”. 

The only way he might be effected is because people remember cry wolf and later down the line if he accuses someone again he could be told “fuck right off you lying prick”. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, FOYM said:

who is?

27 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What sticks in my throat thought is that after this Firmino will probably receive shit wherever he goes, both in football and outside of football. Holgate however will just walk away, shrug his shoulders saying “Meh, oh well, I thought that’s what he said”. 

The only way he might be effected is because people remember cry wolf and later down the line if he accuses someone again he could be told “fuck right off you lying prick”. 

He may well do but I doubt he'll be arsed. It'd all blow over after a few weeks anyway

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Marley's report of the incident says he didn't hear Bobby say the n-word. And because he's blind, doesn't that make his other senses, hearing included, a bit better?

maxresdefault.jpg

• The title was changed to No Further Action to be Taken After Firmino/Holgate Incident

Archived