talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

No Further Action to be Taken After Firmino/Holgate Incident

football forum

• Subscriber

If the referee didn't hear it then even if be did say it (which I doubt) then he isn't going to get found guilty.

As most people with common sense have said, it's probably a nothing story with Holgate mishearing what Firmino said.

Too bad about the 1 or 2 that can't contain their excitement at the opportunity to have their football club on a moral high horse for once, even if the only evidence they can come up with for accusing Holgate of maliciously making it all up is in their own head :ph34r:.

I mean seriously though, look up a picture of the incident and try and decide which one of them has darker skin than the other.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've just seen a lot of discussion on this on Twitter this evening, finally reasonable people saying that there are nobheads on both sides, Blues that are convinced Firmino said it even though there's no evidence of it and Reds that still think Holgate played the race card because he thought he was getting sent off. The majority on both sides realise that the most likely scenario is that it was a misunderstanding but after any derby with the slightest of controversy you'll have keyboard warriors arguing for days to come about Hillsborough and Heysel which is the height of absolutely fucking retarded.

My feeling is that Holgate probably shouldn't have officially reported this unless at least one of his team mates has told him they heard it too but like others have said, you'd expect more of a reaction from Kenny and whoever else was in the vicinity if it was said. If I was Mason and I was convinced that I'd heard it but I asked three team mates and none of them were sure I wouldn't be making an official complaint. If Kenny or someone else has said though that they heard the same thing then there's more to it but even then unless the referee or a Liverpool player for some reason backed Holgate up I don't see how they can ban Firmino.

Load of shite over nothing but fortunate for Lallana whose dive which was clearly worse than those Niasse and Lanzini received retrospective bans for as nobody is talking about that now...

10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

If the referee didn't hear it then even if be did say it (which I doubt) then he isn't going to get found guilty.

As most people with common sense have said, it's probably a nothing story with Holgate mishearing what Firmino said.

Too bad about the 1 or 2 that can't contain their excitement at the opportunity to have their football club on a moral high horse for once, even if the only evidence they can come up with for accusing Holgate of maliciously making it all up is in their own head :ph34r:.

I mean seriously though, look up a picture of the incident and try and decide which one of them has darker skin than the other.

Incorrect, a Burton Albion player was found guilty of racially abusing our midfielder Nico Yennaris, no proof of it exists but he was found guilty because our midfielder can be seen shouting back to the defence that he was just called a Korean cunt and as the game finished our striker Scott Hogan who was nowhere near Yennaris but stood near Ben Turner (the Burton player) made a B line straight for the lino/fourth official to report it.

Because of Hogan's insistence to report it without being near Yennaris or being shouted to by Yennaris, they found Turner guilty on the balance of probability as no ones testimony was able to undermine his. Ironically both Turners testimony and Yennaris' were found to be insufficient.

So if anyone other than Holgate reported the abuse and their testimony cannot be undermined, Firminho could be found guilty on the balance of probability.

By falsely accusing Firmino of Racist comments, Holgate has opened his own can of worms as he is now being investigated for homophobic tweets he’s made previously. He now faces a ban himself:

The Everton defender Mason Holgate is facing the threat of a misconduct charge and a suspension after the FA opened an investigation into allegedly homophobic tweets that emerged in the aftermath of last Friday’s acrimonious FA Cup third-round defeat by Liverpool at Anfield.

The tweets, which contained offensive language such as “fag”, “faggotttttttttt” and “battyboy”, were posted in 2012 and 2013 and have been deleted.

Any half decent lawyer would get him off any ban from tweets sent when he was a 15 year old schoolboy but the FA will go ahead with it. 

Similar happened with Andre Gray only he was early 20's. 

Both of them grassed up by The Famous Kopites. Police informers. 

Just now, Stan said:

yes?

So why the hell is such a big deal being made of what an adolescent has trolled back in the day?

Absolutely ridiculous and it’s no surprise that the media are being blamed for making such a big deal of these things.

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon said:

So why the hell is such a big deal being made of what an adolescent has trolled back in the day?

Absolutely ridiculous and it’s no surprise that the media are being blamed for making such a big deal of these things.

because that's what we love to do over here. Hyperbole is the United Kingdom's metaphorical middle name. Sensationalism is the in-thing. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

By falsely accusing Firmino of Racist comments, Holgate has opened his own can of worms as he is now being investigated for homophobic tweets he’s made previously. He now faces a ban himself:

The Everton defender Mason Holgate is facing the threat of a misconduct charge and a suspension after the FA opened an investigation into allegedly homophobic tweets that emerged in the aftermath of last Friday’s acrimonious FA Cup third-round defeat by Liverpool at Anfield.

The tweets, which contained offensive language such as “fag”, “faggotttttttttt” and “battyboy”, were posted in 2012 and 2013 and have been deleted.

Mate, with some of your views on this situation, you're not making yourself look any better than some Blues who have already decided that Firmino is a racist and won't be happy unless that's the outcome. Unless you can see through Jonjoe Kenny's head we can't be sure that Firmino said nothing that could be deemed racist. From what we can see Firmino's done nothing wrong but there's a second or two where we don't see Firmino's face on the TV footage. Even if he hasn't said anything racist it doesn't mean Holgate has maliciously made it up.

Why people on both sides can't just wait until the outcome of the investigation before making up their mind I don't know.

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Any half decent lawyer would get him off any ban from tweets sent when he was a 15 year old schoolboy but the FA will go ahead with it. 

Similar happened with Andre Gray only he was early 20's. 

Both of them grassed up by The Famous Kopites. Police informers. 

Our fans are embarrassing at times. It's not even similar to Gray's though either. Didn't Gray wish death upon gay people? From what I saw of Holgate's tweets it was just in reply to mates.

• Subscriber

Imagine if someone on this forum became a professional footballer in 6 years' time then received a ban for posting a racist or sexist joke on TFF from before they were even a footballer.

Then imagine that the person who posted it was also 15 when they did it.

Obviously they should be banned for that in six years' time :dam:.

That said, I'm surprised football clubs haven't got on top of this after what happened with Andre Gray. It would take one office bod a day or less to go through all of the players' Twitter accounts and quietly make sure they delete anything that could get them in trouble if sad bitter fans want to dig up things they (admittedly foolishly) put out on the internet for the world to see when they were adolescents.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Our fans are embarrassing at times. It's not even similar to Gray's though either. Didn't Gray wish death upon gay people? From what I saw of Holgate's tweets it was just in reply to mates.

I looked them up not long after I replied and yeah, Gray's were a lot worse than Holgate's. 

Holgates seem like the kind of shite schoolboy banter that's typical of wee morons. Gray's were a lot more serious.

I think when you're 22 or whatever, if you hate gays so rabidly, you're probably still going to hate gays for most of your life no matter how sorry your PR rep is. He's a backwards, stupid cunt, and also a shite finisher. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Mate, with some of your views on this situation, you're not making yourself look any better than some Blues who have already decided that Firmino is a racist and won't be happy unless that's the outcome. Unless you can see through Jonjoe Kenny's head we can't be sure that Firmino said nothing that could be deemed racist. From what we can see Firmino's done nothing wrong but there's a second or two where we don't see Firmino's face on the TV footage. Even if he hasn't said anything racist it doesn't mean Holgate has maliciously made it up.

Why people on both sides can't just wait until the outcome of the investigation before making up their mind I don't know.

Huh? I have no opinion on what’s happening to Holgate with regards to these homophobic tweets at all. I just copied and pasted it into here. 

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Imagine if someone on this forum became a professional footballer in 6 years' time then received a ban for posting a racist or sexist joke on TFF from before they were even a footballer.

Then imagine that the person who posted it was also 15 when they did it.

Obviously they should be banned for that in six years' time :dam:.

That said, I'm surprised football clubs haven't got on top of this after what happened with Andre Gray. It would take one office bod a day or less to go through all of the players' Twitter accounts and quietly make sure they delete anything that could get them in trouble if sad bitter fans want to dig up things they (admittedly foolishly) put out on the internet for the world to see when they were adolescents.

I’m pretty sure if people did enough digging they could pull up things that nearly all footballers have said at some time or another that might be deemed wrong. 

Its all getting a bit stupid now. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Huh? I have no opinion on what’s happening to Holgate with regards to these homophobic tweets at all. I just copied and pasted it into here. 

I was referring to your 'by falsely accusing Firmino' comment. None of us know for sure he's done that yet, which I went on to explain.

His tweets are unfortunately common of society in general... An odd fear of things like homosexuality which is all a situation that doesn’t even concern anyone.  Someone shouldn’t even have an opinion on someone else’s life and should just focus on their own.

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I was referring to your 'by falsely accusing Firmino' comment. None of us know for sure he's done that yet, which I went on to explain.

Well all the people in the vicinity (a few metres or less), including the referee have been questioned and they all say they heard no such comment from Firmino. It seems highly unlikely that Holgate would be the only one to hear it. It’s also highly unlikely a person would racially abuse someone who has the same skin tone as himself. It’s also highly unlikely that all the video evidence would be reviewed and prove that Firmino said nothing of the sort, barring a split second when Kenny’s head blocks the camera’s view. 

I think we can all agree that these claims are as far fetched as fuck.

Anyway, I’ve said my peace enough times, it’s all getting rather boring now. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

His tweets are unfortunately common of society in general... An odd fear of things like homosexuality which is all a situation that doesn’t even concern anyone.  Someone shouldn’t even have an opinion on someone else’s life and should just focus on their own.

That is too philosophical for kids. For whatever reason teenage boys are obsessed with homosexuality as an insult, saying things like that's gay, you're gay etc. etc. 

Most grow out of it by adulthood. Others grow up to go on an online football forum and complain about gay pride :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well all the people in the vicinity (a few metres or less), including the referee have been questioned and they all say they heard no such comment from Firmino. It seems highly unlikely that Holgate would be the only one to hear it. It’s also highly unlikely a person would racially abuse someone who has the same skin tone as himself. It’s also highly unlikely that all the video evidence would be reviewed and prove that Firmino said nothing of the sort, barring a split second when Kenny’s head blocks the camera’s view. 

I think we can all agree that these claims are as far fetched as fuck.

Anyway, I’ve said my peace enough times, it’s all getting rather boring now. 

I agree it seems unlikely given that no one else heard anything.

Not having that he's made it up to detract attention from himself though. Think it's just a genuine misunderstanding in a moment when he'd lost his head.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to No Further Action to be Taken After Firmino/Holgate Incident

Archived