• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 18 Fixtures - 6th-7th January 2018

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

beautiful play from Celta. Split open Real's defence and force Navas in to giving away a penalty.

RE: Ronaldo. Done square root of fuck all today. 1 shots ballooned over the bar and 1 straight to the keeper. Nothing else. 

• Administrator

Navas makes up for it by saving the penalty! Aspas misses his first penalty of the season. That was Celta's route back in to the game. Have they blown it?

I just wanted to point something out. I haven't seen a second of Maxi Gomez but he's taking a similar path Edinson Cavani took when he first came to Europe. Potential to be the next great Uruguayan striker.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just wanted to point something out. I haven't seen a second of Maxi Gomez but he's taking a similar path Edinson Cavani took when he first came to Europe. Potential to be the next great Uruguayan striker.

He's doing well at Celta and scoring goals. Another reason why it makes sense for Spanish clubs to shop in South America, without obviously breaching the non-eu player rule, which I always forget even exists. An absolute steal by Celta.

Real Madrid are in serious trouble or better said, Zidane is in serious trouble.

At this level of the game memory is short and I would be surprised if something doesn't come of this. It's not unusual for Real to trip up in the Balaídos against Celta because they've historically found this game difficult. It's just everything else...

Zidane hasn't got the Champions League to lean on as a pillar of security because that doesn't return until February but I suppose the Copa del Rey is there in this period of the season where it's intense and until they meet someone credible they can put make-up on everything else in a figure of speech.

Their problems are no longer if they're gonna drag themselves back into the title race unless something more than just extraordinary occurs.  Their problems right now are if they're gonna qualify for next season's Champions League.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:14 PM, The Rebel CRS said:

Doesn't @carefreeluke live in Sevilla now? I wonder if he has gone?

Betis have a good bunch of players there as far as I'm concerned and they should be doing better than they have done so far this season.

This fixture is the perfect welcome to Spain for anyone who manages either club xD

I was back home for Xmas mate and got back to Sevilla yesterday so missed it unfortunately. Watched the first 20 minutes but had to go out for a meal.

Luckily I'll get to experience the second game, there was a lot of fighting on the weekend apparently.

49 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

I was back home for Xmas mate and got back to Sevilla yesterday so missed it unfortunately. Watched the first 20 minutes but had to go out for a meal.

Luckily I'll get to experience the second game, there was a lot of fighting on the weekend apparently.

Nothing new there then xD

It would be a great experience to go to the game one day though as the atmosphere seems amazing, which ever of the 2 stadiums the game is played at.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived