talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017/18 FA Cup Fourth Round Draw

football forum

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:51, Stan said:

Sorry @Dan and @Stan but I would LOVE to see Fleetwood win the replay now BT have got ahead of themselves and chosen this tie on the presumption Leicester win the replay.

Televised League One shoot out in the 4th round of the FA Cup. A big fuck you to TV moving the Saturday 3pm kick offs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

Sorry @Dan and @Stan but I would LOVE to see Fleetwood win the replay now BT have got ahead of themselves and chosen this tie on the presumption Leicester win the replay.

Televised League One shoot out in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Watch those viewing figures rise.

No I thought the same, it would be hilarious.

I also think this kind of thing is exactly the kind of thing that'll tempt fate in this game with Fleetwood.

Jon Moss is the ref as well. Fucking hell.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Unknown territory for you this.. You don't normally make it this far do you, some fans are obviously getting a bit tetchy about it because they probably only saved enough fare for the last round as per every other season... 

It's only fair we withdraw and give someone else a chance. This is the last FA Cup anyone other than Newcastle is going to win for a few years once the Saudi royals buy the club :coffee:

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Barkley might be available for us against Norwich 

50 minutes ago, Stan said:

i thought the rule was that if you're not registered for the first match, you can't play in the replay? 

Remember us being restricted from playing a player (can't remember who) a few years ago because they didn't play in the original drawn game. 

44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don't know about that, but Conte just said he might be available. 

This also came up with people saying Tosun wouldn't be available in a replay against Liverpool. 

Also read somewhere that Barkley could have been registered on the day and been eligible (if he wasn't injured) because its only the Premier League that has the midday the day before rule but I don't know the truth of that.

25 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

It's only fair we withdraw and give someone else a chance. This is the last FA Cup anyone other than Newcastle is going to win for a few years once the Saudi royals buy the club :coffee:

What Saturday was that going to be announced again I forgot??? :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Can't argue with that. Why have BT gone for Liverpool vs. West Brom ffs?

yeah terrible choice. 

Notts County vs Wolves/Swansea would be a better choice.

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hoping ot see something like this against Norwich

Morata

Musonda -----------------------Pedro

Kenedy------Barkley------Ampadu-----Zappacosta

Rudiger-----Luiz----Azpilicueta

Caballero

Think we will start Michy, Drinkwater or Baka and Barkley to come from the bench

21 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hoping ot see something like this against Norwich

Morata

Musonda -----------------------Pedro

Kenedy------Barkley------Ampadu-----Zappacosta

Rudiger-----Luiz----Azpilicueta

Caballero

Don't really know of Ampadu and his qualities but if Barkley is in contention, I'd have played someone like Drinkwater next to him to help ease him into things more.

You are basically looking at Barkley after all this time out, being the senior man in the middle and I'm not sure he's ready for all that responsibility on his shoulders just yet. Where as if he has someone assured and experienced next to him, you'd think that would help him play a little more freely whilst Drinkwater does the dirty stuff.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Don't really know of Ampadu and his qualities but if Barkley is in contention, I'd have played someone like Drinkwater next to him to help ease him into things more.

You are basically looking at Barkley after all this time out, being the senior man in the middle and I'm not sure he's ready for all that responsibility on his shoulders just yet. Where as if he has someone assured and experienced next to him, you'd think that would help him play a little more freely whilst Drinkwater does the dirty stuff.

Nothing spectacular about him other than his confidence. Lad is 17 and looks to have been playing top flight football for years. Tells players such as Kenedy, Cahill, and Rudiger what to do in terms of positionin. The balls on this lad. 

As for Barkley, I agree that it would be premature to throw him in right away. Many of us are eager to see what he can do. Cesc is a turtle and can't finish. Drinkwater offers very little in the final third. And Bakayoko needs to take time on the bench and have a good long look at himself. 

Kante really is the only one consistently performing, but no surprise there. 

On 1/12/2018 at 12:36, Stan said:

i thought the rule was that if you're not registered for the first match, you can't play in the replay? 

Remember us being restricted from playing a player (can't remember who) a few years ago because they didn't play in the original drawn game. 

Yeah Barkely Can't play. Confirmed. 

• Subscriber

Peterborough away lets have you.

Did what we had to tonight. Not a good game but one that made history due to the first goal given as a result of VAR.

Adrien Silva the pick for me.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived