• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Samuel Saiz Banned For 6 Games For Spitting

• The title was changed to Samuel Saiz Banned For 6 Games For Spitting
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

How many times has he been accused this season? Two or three? And he’s finally been banned. 

This is the second occasion. Once by Michael Brown, Port Vale's manager, in the League Cup game earlier in the season.

It's disgusting to spit at an opponent. Far worse than a bad challenge for me. Had a Man Utd player done this, of course I would be all over this like a tramp on chips and I have to be consistent regardless of the fact he plays for us. I just can't condone it.

He deserves the ban and I hope the club will also deal with him internally as well. I don't think sometimes foreign players quite understand how low we see spitting over here. It is not tolerated and that needs to hit home hard so he understands this cannot happen again. It not only tarnishes his character but the club's as well. I am very disappointed in him because I've sung his praises this season.

What also annoys me is that he's a very good player. The best we have at the club going forward. He is very important to our promotion challenge and it will severely hurt us to lose him for 6 games. There was no need for our coach to bring him on near the end so this could easily have been avoided as well.

To be fair, things have been a little too quiet for us this season, it was about time we had some form of controversy coming our way.

Never followed it closely but I assume the first accusation was found to be untrue/inconclusive? 

Very prompt action from The FA, which is very unlike them. I expected this incident to rumble on for a while but I presume an official has seen it in real time. 

You’d hope Leeds would react as well and fine/reprimand him further. 

14 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Never followed it closely but I assume the first accusation was found to be untrue/inconclusive? 

Very prompt action from The FA, which is very unlike them. I expected this incident to rumble on for a while but I presume an official has seen it in real time. 

You’d hope Leeds would react as well and fine/reprimand him further. 

Inconclusive. There was no evidence to suggest this had previously happened and seemed like nothing short of sour grapes. However, in light of what happened yesterday, many people will now believe he has previously done it. There is no smoke without fire.

I don't think there is any video evidence that shows Saiz doing it. And if it was the word of one player against another, I find it hard to believe the referee would report it unless he had enough support from others that had seen it. What I would say for Saiz is that it doesn't look great for him whether he's been proven or not.

As for the FA, yes it's unlike them to be swift but then I do believe when they deal with matters that aren't the Premier League, they are more than quick to make an example of someone, maybe because it is less profile in the media. Then again, they may feel they have sufficient enough evidence already (10 witnesses backing up the claim etc)

Poor man's Diouf. :clown:

Still puzzles me how someone can be brought up to think that spitting at another person is acceptable, no matter the environment, no matter your anger levels. 

The 'cultural differences' claim was often trotted out to excuse for twats like Diouf. Pah, fuck that, you're a no-mark cretin if your response to confrontation is to spit. Hopefully he comes out with a grovelling apology to the Leeds fans - kids really don't need to see that and think it's fine.

Archived