talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Semi-Final - Man City 2-1 Bristol City (1st Leg)

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Not even finishing. This City side can field a C team and still beat some premier league sides. 

Only thing neutrals need to worry about is if either Arsenal or Chelsea are capable of beating them. 

Problem for Bristol City is they need to take the game to Man City now by attacking them meaning they'll be leaving themselves open for the counter attack.

Essentially the equivalent of Danielle Lloyd opening her legs and sending out the Bat signal. It's not going to be pretty.

Problem for Bristol City is they’re not very good. I don’t mean that nastily or in a derogatory way but they’re just not good in comparison with any combination of eleven Manchester City put out at Ashton Gate.

Tonight, much like Fleetwood and Shrewsbury, I think, will prove in the FA Cup replays, was Bristol City’s best chance of a win over a Manchester City side. I can’t see it being the same story again at Ashton Gate. They’ll put in an admirable, spirited performance, similar to tonight’s but normal service will probably be resumed. 

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Are you watching @Happy Blue

Was in bed, just watched it now  ..nearly paid the price for making 8 changes but the Prem's best striker came on to rescue us  ..Pep should of played our strongest team and put this to bed in the 1st leg THEN make the changes for the 2nd leg 

13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Problem for Bristol City is they’re not very good. I don’t mean that nastily or in a derogatory way but they’re just not good in comparison with any combination of eleven Manchester City put out at Ashton Gate.

Tonight, much like Fleetwood and Shrewsbury, I think, will prove in the FA Cup replays, was Bristol City’s best chance of a win over a Manchester City side. I can’t see it being the same story again at Ashton Gate. They’ll put in an admirable, spirited performance, similar to tonight’s but normal service will probably be resumed. 

They showed more than most premier teams have against us this year.

things will be harder for us away from home.

• The title was changed to EFL Cup Semi-Final - Man City 2-1 Bristol City (1st Leg)
22 hours ago, Cicero said:

Not even finishing. This City side can field a C team and still beat some premier league sides. 

Only thing neutrals need to worry about is if either Arsenal or Chelsea are capable of beating them. 

Well in that case it was over before the match even started

15 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Was in bed, just watched it now  ..nearly paid the price for making 8 changes but the Prem's best striker came on to rescue us  ..Pep should of played our strongest team and put this to bed in the 1st leg THEN make the changes for the 2nd leg 

Well Bristol city's total cost was £7million so you should have already done that mate

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well they did give us a better game than you did so that 7 mill team must be better than Arsenal right?

Did you see us against forest? There are 7 pense sides better than arsenal

• The topic was unpinned

Archived