talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

Get on this thread if you love all things 'Murican football. Those college kiddies will be making their way to the combines and the draft will be upon us before we know it. What will be the big talking points this season? Let us know.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed by the Vikings last season.  After such a strong start to the season they couldn't keep up the momentum after the bye week.  Sam Bradford did much better than I'd expected, though.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Disappointed by the Vikings last season.  After such a strong start to the season they couldn't keep up the momentum after the bye week.  Sam Bradford did much better than I'd expected, though.

Teddy is back though, and hopefully he can get into the groove again. Rumours that Alshon Jeffrey might be signing for us as well. After being obliterated last year with injuries, hopefully we can be more stable.

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Teddy is back though, and hopefully he can get into the groove again. Rumours that Alshon Jeffrey might be signing for us as well. After being obliterated last year with injuries, hopefully we can be more stable.

AP potentially leaving another talking point.  Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

AP potentially leaving another talking point.  Thoughts?

Follow the money at his age. Regularly injured now and isn't AllDay anymore unfortunately. Cowboys are definitely off the list for him now as well with the emergence of Elliott.

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Follow the money at his age. Regularly injured now and isn't AllDay anymore unfortunately.

My thoughts exactly.  Time to give the younger ones a chance to emerge.  Was never really a fan of Asiata, though.  He'll get a couple of necessary yards on a tough down but he's not going to break out on a 60 yard touchdown run.

He has been the face of the franchise for a long, long time and will surely go to the Hall of Fame as a Viking but his time is up.

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Is Teddy back? Last I heard he was likely to miss 2017 as well.

It was rumoured that the injury could be career-ending but I'm obviously hoping for a recovery given his role in the team.  Would add some competition to Bradford in the QB1 role too.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

It was rumoured that the injury could be career-ending but I'm obviously hoping for a recovery given his role in the team.  Would add some competition to Bradford in the QB1 role too.

Yeah, although for me, Teddy isn't a QB you win with unless you have the other pieces. He doesn't have the strongest arm and works best when the running game is in full flow. That's got to be a priority to sort.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yeah, although for me, Teddy isn't a QB you win with unless you have the other pieces. He doesn't have the strongest arm and works best when the running game is in full flow. That's got to be a priority to sort.

Very true.  Vikings will need to draft smartly this year too given that the first round pick was traded as part of the deal for Bradford.

Dolphins are very much in limbo. Hopefully Stills does not get a big money contract, he's not worth it. We need to re-sign Kiko Alonso, and then pick up a few guards in FA. As far as my draft board goes, I'd take Taco Charlton as our first round pick, followed by Raquon McMillen in the 2nd, presuming both are on the board. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's a pass first league, he'll struggle with various QB's like that. Can't see him at Saints either.

For that exact reason.  The only way he'll get a ring is by going to a team with a strong QB but in order for him to do that, he'll have to give up on his carries, his stats and even his importance.  Taking a pay cut and sticking with the Vikings might not have been that bad an option after all...

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

For that exact reason.  The only way he'll get a ring is by going to a team with a strong QB but in order for him to do that, he'll have to give up on his carries, his stats and even his importance.  Taking a pay cut and sticking with the Vikings might not have been that bad an option after all...

Could be an option to wait and see who takes a young QB in the draft. That way, he can carry some of the load and the pressure.

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Could be an option to wait and see who takes a young QB in the draft. That way, he can carry some of the load and the pressure.

Very true.  Would be an interesting prospect for him.  I think the desire to win a ring will prove too much for him though.

Either way, I see him taking a pay cut.  He's not the same player he was a couple of years ago and teams won't rate him as highly as before.  He's still a dangerous player to have and will get a lot of tough yards.  It'll be weird seeing him play in another team's colours but, ultimately, it's for the best.

1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

If the Seahawks trade Sherman, it will go down as one of the dumbest trades ever. 

I think any team would be crazy to go for him given what they'd be asking for...

Apparently it was Sherman who asked for the trade, though.  Interesting!

Ever since Aaron Rodgers said 'I'm not gay, I really, really like women' on radio I've been convinced he is in the closet. Seeing as he just got dumped by his Hollywood starlet and has been getting daily facials in Hollywood, I have to say I'm saddened that Aaron Rodgers just won't come out of the fucking closet!

On April 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Spike said:

Ever since Aaron Rodgers said 'I'm not gay, I really, really like women' on radio I've been convinced he is in the closet. Seeing as he just got dumped by his Hollywood starlet and has been getting daily facials in Hollywood, I have to say I'm saddened that Aaron Rodgers just won't come out of the fucking closet!

For some reason this reminds me of the South Park episode where Mr. Garrison is heard in the background yelling "I'm not gaaaaay!" 

On 4/14/2017 at 3:46 PM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Aaron Hernandez found not guilty (double murder) Still serving a life sentence for a murder in 2013.

Looks like Lynch to the raiders is actually going to happen. 

Aaron Hernandez committed suicide this morning.

Unreal how upside down his life got.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived