• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 13-15th January, 2018

football forum

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

We should have been ahead at half time. You can't miss the kind of chances we had. It's just a lack of quality pinning us down. Thanks Mike Ashley.

Be alright when that takeover happens... 

Short term pain for long term gain that's what you need to be thinking right now

• Subscriber

Why do we have Allardyce as manager refusing to attack if we can't defend? 

And fuck Koeman for doing this to us. I literally could have built a better squad this summer and my experience is all on Football Manager.

Pickford should leave and go to Swansea or some other team that will offer him better protection than this shower of shite. Fuck off Everton, every single one of you top to bottom. Absolutely disgraceful. 

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Why do we have Allardyce as manager refusing to attack if we can't defend? 

And fuck Koeman for doing this to us. I literally could have built a better squad this summer and my experience is all on Football Manager.

Pickford should leave and go to Swansea or some other team that will offer him better protection than this shower of shite. Fuck off Everton, every single one of you top to bottom. Absolutely disgraceful. 

I do find it interesting that you are so pissed off at the level of performance from Everton despite the fact they are performing at a mid table standard against a top 5 side? Games where you do ok then slump badly are not unusual for sides that are around the middle of the table.. I suppose you are more concerned at the lack of attacking ability your side is showing or is the defensive shambles that has got you so riled up?? 

I ask because when Cicero is very vocal about the shortcomings of the Chelsea side in front of goal he gets a bit of stick for moaning about it.. In the same regard our performances should be that of a top 3 side challenging for the title ( although not so much this season obviously ) so his critical observations are based on what is needed or lacking with that in mind.. Going 3 games without scoring in any of them with one of them games against a Championship side is not good for the standard we are supposed to be aspiring too.. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I do find it interesting that you are so pissed off at the level of performance from Everton despite the fact they are performing at a mid table standard against a top 5 side? Games where you do ok then slump badly are not unusual for sides that are around the middle of the table.. I suppose you are more concerned at the lack of attacking ability your side is showing or is the defensive shambles that has got you so riled up?? 

I ask because when Cicero is very vocal about the shortcomings of the Chelsea side in front of goal he gets a bit of stick for moaning about it.. In the same regard our performances should be that of a top 3 side challenging for the title ( although not so much this season obviously ) so his critical observations are based on what is needed or lacking with that in mind.. Going 3 games without scoring in any of them with one of them games against a Championship side is not good for the standard we are supposed to be aspiring too.. 

You're not being serious?

We were about 7 points behind spurs a few weeks ago so no I don't expect us to lose 4-0 to them or whatever the score is up to now, I've stopped watching.

And if you lot are so arsed about one tongue in cheek comment from a fan of a team who haven't won a trophy since 1995 because your thread ànd match day threads are constantly full of comments about how half of your squad that won a title 6 months ago aren't good enough then you should probably stay away from forums where there are fans of other clubs who will call you on it.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, if I am I'm sorry but I'm in an absolutely foul mood again thanks to fucking Everton and the players on that pitch just shrugging and looking at their feet yet again after putting in another absolute embarrassment of a "performance" before they come out and give lip service about trying hard to improve this week when they're interviewed. Then Big Sam will be out in his post match press conference not looking arsed either, saying what the fans want to hear and basically stating that it's not his fault because the players he's taken over aren't good enough. In other words, if you don't agree I'd probably not put too much stock in what I'm saying right now.

45 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Be alright when that takeover happens... 

Short term pain for long term gain that's what you need to be thinking right now

Not if relegation makes potential buyers walk away. 

Ashley is a gambling man and he is gambling on us staying up without doing anything. That way he can demand more money for the club by pointing to the cash reserves.

18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I came to say the same thing mate.

If we can't moan, all it takes is a Sunderland fan to come in here and say, ''imagine being a Sunderland fan for a couple of weeks'. Then nobody who supports a team on here who are involved in fixtures in this thread has the right to moan on that logic.

My main gripe is that I find it absolutely bizarre when certain people criticise English clubs for doing so poorly in Europe the past few years, yet at the same time criticise the same English clubs' fans for wanting their team to improve so they can do well in Europe. 

Baffeling. 

• Subscriber

The right to moan? Christ this was the comment from over a week ago:

"Love how shit all of Chelseas players apparently are. Try supporting Everton for a week."

Get over it, it's tongue in cheek as I've said. Obviously there's nothing wrong with criticising your players but I try to keep up to date with every thread on this forum and from the outside looking in with you lot defending champions and sitting 2nd or 3rd in the league it's more than understandable for me to make that comment given what a foul and disillusioned mood I'm generally in when it comes to browsing this forum the day after a match day (in this case a match day where we lost 2-0 at home to United without having a shot on target again).

Didn't have you lot down as the type of snowflakes who can't take a slight ribbing over nothing but I'll remember for the future.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

You're not being serious?

We were about 7 points behind spurs a few weeks ago so no I don't expect us to lose 4-0 to them or whatever the score is up to now, I've stopped watching.

And if you lot are so arsed about one tongue in cheek comment from a fan of a team who haven't won a trophy since 1995 because your thread ànd match day threads are constantly full of comments about how half of your squad that won a title 6 months ago aren't good enough then you should probably stay away from forums where there are fans of other clubs who will call you on it.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, if I am I'm sorry but I'm in an absolutely foul mood again thanks to fucking Everton and the players on that pitch just shrugging and looking at their feet yet again after putting in another absolute embarrassment of a "performance" before they come out and give lip service about trying hard to improve this week when they're interviewed. Then Big Sam will be out in his post match press conference not looking arsed either, saying what the fans want to hear and basically stating that it's not his fault because the players he's taken over aren't good enough. In other words, if you don't agree I'd probably not put too much stock in what I'm saying right now.

It was an observation that's all... I don't tend to get upset by what someone posts online for good or bad.. You are probably seething right now as you have already pointed out because you have had a proper shitty result so maybe you are reacting through gritted teeth and anger which is understandable... I just wanted you to spare a thought for Cicero who has the same gritted teeth annoyance when our team fails to score given all the wealth of talent available to us and it's not that he reacts so much to one or two negative comments online because being a Chelsea supporter it kind of goes with the territory but the level of overall performance as well as individual performances is what pisses him off most about us... Just like it has done for you today

You have your moans and we have ours.. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

It was an observation that's all... I don't tend to get upset by what someone posts online for good or bad.. You are probably seething right now as you have already pointed out because you have had a proper shitty result so maybe you are reacting through gritted teeth and anger which is understandable... I just wanted you to spare a thought for Cicero who has the same gritted teeth annoyance when our team fails to score given all the wealth of talent available to us and it's not that he reacts so much to one or two negative comments online because being a Chelsea supporter it kind of goes with the territory but the level of overall performance as well as individual performances is what pisses him off most about us... Just like it has done for you today

You have your moans and we have ours.. 

I have a lot of time for pretty much every poster on here and it's not a pissing contest over who has the most right to complain but you're right, I'm seething at the moment and I'm not going to respond well to people digging up jibes that they seem to have taken seriously from a week ago and turning them back at me right now...

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I have a lot of time for pretty much every poster on here and it's not a pissing contest over who has the most right to complain but you're right, I'm seething at the moment and I'm not going to respond well to people digging up jibes that they seem to have taken seriously from a week ago and turning them back at me right now...

Fat Sam seems to be in the same kind of mood as you. Just heard his post match interview on TalkSport and he’s not a happy bunny. Accused the players of downing tools and suggested he’d given them a proper fucking rocket at full time. Fair play to him. 

• Subscriber

We were well worth our point today. Held on a bit late on but it was always going to be the case when down to ten men.

Thought at half time we'd blown our chance. We could've easily been 2 up by half time. That first half was an excellent performance.

I really do think if we stay at 11 men in that we go onto pinch it. Maybe I'm kidding myself but I liked what I saw today. Very few of our team I can criticise. Ndidi the pick for me, absolutely outstanding.

Didn't expect that one bit. Second week in a row I've gotten on a train at silly o'clock to watch us draw 0-0 away from home, but the feelings after both games couldn't be more different.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

We were well worth our point today. Held on a bit late on but it was always going to be the case when down to ten men.

Thought at half time we'd blown our chance. We could've easily been 2 up by half time. That first half was an excellent performance.

I really do think if we stay at 11 men in that we go onto pinch it. Maybe I'm kidding myself but I liked what I saw today. Very few of our team I can criticise. Ndidi the pick for me, absolutely outstanding.

Didn't expect that one bit. Second week in a row I've gotten on a train at silly o'clock to watch us draw 0-0 away from home, but the feelings after both games couldn't be more different.

Yeah I was very impressed to be fair, you pressed high and were on the front foot for a lot of the game, complete contrast to a lot of teams that come here. Not saying all teams have to play in that manner but it shows you don't have to 'park the bus' to get something away at the top teams.

Our back line like to be comfortable and have time on the ball and they're use to that a lot of the time at home, shock to the system when they've got the likes of Vardy not giving them a second to breath at times.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah I was very impressed to be fair, you pressed high and were on the front foot for a lot of the game, complete contrast to a lot of teams that come here. Not saying all teams have to play in that manner but it shows you don't have to 'park the bus' to get something away at the top teams.

Our back line like to be comfortable and have time on the ball and they're use to that a lot of the time at home, shock to the system when they've got the likes of Vardy not giving them a second to breath at times.

If you look at some of the goals we concede I think inviting trouble is the worst thing we can possibly do. When we had Kante we were unbelievably good at soaking up the pressure but now we tend to capitulate and lose. It's a natural instinct for the underdog to go and sit back but that in itself is often a reason they lose.

Second half you were the better side but us being down to ten helped, and to be fair, I don't really remember you forcing a good save.

A few things from today’s trip to The Hawthorns;

If you’d have taken someone to that game who wasn’t aware of the Premier League table at the start of the day and told them one team on show is currently the worst side and asked them who they thought that team was, they’d have said Brighton. They were woeful. They just had no real clue or game plan in terms of how they were going to score a goal. 

That said, West Brom were very good. They played good football, attacked with intent and had a nice variation of play, rather than just a long-ball style under Tony Pulis. It’s hard to say who stood out for West Brom today because most players did.

I have no idea what went on with the Rodriguez-Bong incident. All I saw was the referee talking to Bong, then his fourth official and then both managers.

Anthony Knockaert is the playing equivalent of Neil Warnock. Very, very good at Championship level but when placed in the Premier League, he’s found out and isn’t up to that level. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I came to say the same thing mate.

If we can't moan, all it takes is a Sunderland fan to come in here and say, ''imagine being a Sunderland fan for a couple of weeks'. Then nobody who supports a team on here who are involved in fixtures in this thread has the right to moan on that logic.

It's the equivalent in my eyes to when you have something really bad happen in your life. Being told it's worse for people in Africa doesn't actually help anyone. It's the concept of relativity and too many people don't understand it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived