talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 13-15th January, 2018

football forum

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's just Klopp's influence imo.

I don't think you should be expecting to sign some sort of Andrea Pirlo, because even if Klopp had one, I'm not sure he would know what to do with him. Seems like a limited manager in some aspects, as if it's all about the heavy metal for him. Either that or indeed his players are not able to reproduce what he has in mind.

It’s why I’m not sure Klopp will bring them success. They’re great to watch, exciting and will be involved in many great games, some of them going their way and others not. The clinical, calm edge which you have to have to be Champions i don’t see arriving any time soon.

Anyway, Liverpool deserved winners today.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Liverpool did their best to throw that away but you've still got to give them huge credit today. Just sold a key player, just signed another one who couldn't play, and just beaten Man City scoring 4 goals in the process. Fair play for them for having the balls to really have a go at Man City. Obviously room for improvement still but that's a great win.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

It's just Klopp's influence imo.

I don't think you should be expecting to sign some sort of Andrea Pirlo, because even if Klopp had one, I'm not sure he would know what to do with him. Seems like a limited manager in some aspects, as if it's all about the heavy metal for him. Either that or indeed his players are not able to reproduce what he has in mind.

Possibly yeah but the personnel definitely plays a part too. Can't remember if it was the second or third where Lovren was all over the place, getting pushed off the ball and then missing the header in the centre, but I'd like to think Van Dijk makes a difference there.

Who said conceding those late goals took the shine off a great win? 

Dont talk daft, fucking buzzin ere mate. 

We wiped the floor with the best team in the land and they rallied at the end, which you’d expect from a club that has shit all over everyone this season. All this whilst losing our most creative player and having our new boss defender sat in the stands. Took the shine off my bollocks.

Come on :D

• Administrator

sounded like a cracking game at Anfield. Was chatting to my cousins today who are Liverpool fans and they were confident of ending Man City's run. I said if it was going to be anywhere that Man City would lose or at most get a draw, it'd be Anfield. Also said that there's bound to be goals because of how attacking both teams are (and how poor Liverpool's defence can be).

But my word from the sounds of it Liverpool nearly did gift them a draw xD

Credit to them though - this Man City side score for fun and have ground out results recently but not today. Big 3 points. 

Incredible game, even tough the result ended in a 4-3 win Liverpool outplayed City for most of the game. Also summed the team can score shit loads but concedes the worst goals. Aguero could have got one at the dead, even tough he was offside.  

Top 4 is definitely gone for us, we're in absolute shit form. Need to go all in on the 2nd tier competitions, don't have much of a choice. 

Glad Man City lost, unlikely to affect them winning the title by ease but st least they're not doing it unbeaten.

Jesus Christ I know every club has its mouthpieces, but the major United ones (this cunt, and Duncan Castles) have a particularly disturbing outlook, primarily based on a fanatical Mourinho-cult (moreso than a pro-United bias) and a hatred of anything joyful in football. 

Nobody tell them that City had comfortably dealt with the rest of the top 6 whilst Mourinho had been comfortably beaten by City and Chelsea, and barely escaped Anfield with a point.

Its baffling that paid journalists can be scarcely distinguishable from deluded 14 year-olds. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Jesus Christ I know every club has its mouthpieces, but the major United ones (this cunt, and Duncan Castles) have a particularly disturbing outlook, primarily based on a fanatical Mourinho-cult (moreso than a pro-United bias) and a hatred of anything joyful in football. 

Nobody tell them that City had comfortably dealt with the rest of the top 6 whilst Mourinho had been comfortably beaten by City and Chelsea, and barely escaped Anfield with a point.

Its baffling that paid journalists can be scarcely distinguishable from deluded 14 year-olds. 

They love to come out the woodwork and clutch at straws when they can. He makes a valid point with the fact United got a point and it's fair to acknowledge that. But no one likes United because they are boring and drab. At least City had a go by playing their own game and they very nearly pulled off the impossible near the end.

I'd also like to find out what game he was watching when he says City were 'outclassed'. You can count on one hand how many clubs go to Anfield and have 64% of the ball and score three goals. And let's be totally fair, at 1-1 there only looked one winner at the time. Credit to Liverpool, they went berserk for 10 minutes where they won the game but that wasn't a performance where you could say City were outclassed.

Maybe he should realise it's City's football that sees them currently 15 points clear at the top of the table as opposed to parking the bus whenever they play someone decent.

Didn't see anything in depth but Chamberlain looked class from the small highlights I saw.

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Love him, great player with a fantastic attitude. Amazing what can be done to a player with a bit of good coaching. 

Already scored more league goals for us than he ever did in a full season at Arsenal

27 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Already scored more league goals for us than he ever did in a full season at Arsenal

And the thing is, after being programmed by Wenger from a really young age, he’s had to learn a whole new way of playing in a system that is totally alien to him. He’s said himself it’s took a bit of time to fully adapt to Klopp’s tactics, but now the penny has dropped and he’s loving it. He talks about it here:

The biggest thing I've had to learn is how this manager likes to stop situations at source and how he likes to attack is slightly different to my manager before," said Oxlade-Chamberlain.

"I was in certain habits and certain things became second nature to me and in football it is all about instinct. You train and train a certain thing so when you are in that situation you don’t think about it.

"It just might be a simple trigger when something happens and the defence passes to that player and the ball is slightly behind him.

"That is your cue to go and press. At your previous club you might not even look into that. I have about 100 different things but it is all those adding up.

"When a team is in sync to do what a manager wants and you have one player who has come in and is doing it slightly different it breaks the whole chain and it doesn't work for everyone.

"We press high and if one person is not doing it right – even if it is small – it makes everyone's work a waste of time. Just little things like that I had to learn. It can take some time."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-highlights-difference-11851217

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Nothing better than a host's awkward reaction to a guest dropping an f-bomb in front of a midday audience in America. 

Get ready for the hollier than thou brigade to come out and lose their shit about him swearing as if they have never swore before. 

Love him the mad bastard xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived